'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones'

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: AETERNITAS0

Many of the Lovecraftian deities are kind of Chthonic and Titan like in may ways. Very Archetypal. Very BIG, and not very human in any way.
If they are fiction, they are just as fictitious as any other deity or pagan pantheon. They're a nightmare pantheon for a postmodern world.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: AETERNITAS0

[QUOTE=MatthewK;365233]That's interesting, wizardscauldron - did you ask the Old Ones to give you flashes of bright white light and orbs? If so, that would explain why you're having them - what was the purpose of your asking them to create these manifestations? Aren't those rather frivolous reasons to call forth an ancient and powerful primordial entity from the abyss? :)

If you didn't ask them for these manifestations or "signs", did you get the other results you asked for? If not, what makes you think the lights and flashes have anything to do with the rituals you've performed, and what are the other occult works you're doing? Could they possibly be the source of your mystery manifestations?

These are basic questions you should be able to answer in regards to the grimoire, which is obviously meant as a companion book to other Cthulhu mythos books...[/QUOTE]

The Orbs or Spheres are generally manifestations of Yog Shothoth, who can be related to a form of inititator, so in that sense, it isn't very frivalous. Well, depending on what you do with it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Venefica
Many of the Lovecraftian deities are kind of Chthonic and Titan like in may ways. Very Archetypal. Very BIG, and not very human in any way.
This is why it is a system one should not play with. Many use a fiction system and forget that if they bring the cool stuff from the system into reality, they also bring the bad stuff. I have been working with a Energy system I found in a fiction book, if one is not careful in the books pepole can die. I begun to get physical reactions to the system I was working with and I realized that I had not even considered that it might be dangerous. I had taken a fiction system and begun to use it is my practice without considering how dangerous it was described as to be in the books. I am more careful with that system now.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: shadow flame

well i got this book from digimob and i'm reading it right now.
i loled at it, it seems like joke :D. but since i'm prim and proper chaote i'll try using something out of it.
why do i consider this sort of joke?
read this qupte from the book: "it is my belief that once you bring the Old Ones into your life, opposition is overcome and problems go away"... yea, probably screaming :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Venefica

Hum...the fix it all with a magick spell like some Disney faerie godmother. Would it not be nice if one could do that. :D But then I guess the Great Old ones could fix allot. Problem with your boss feed him to Cuthulu, problem neighbors feed them to Cuthulu, in fact any problem person in your life I am sure there are something big and bad in the Cuthulu mythos that would love to eat them. :P

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Venefica;365675]Hum...the fix it all with a magick spell like some Disney faerie godmother. Would it not be nice if one could do that. :D But then I guess the Great Old ones could fix allot. Problem with your boss feed him to Cuthulu, problem neighbors feed them to Cuthulu, in fact any problem person in your life I am sure there are something big and bad in the Cuthulu mythos that would love to eat them. :P[/QUOTE]
now you get it :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: wizardscauldron

[QUOTE=MatthewK;365318]That's exactly what I was about to suggest.

Wizardscauldron, what other occult works are you doing/have you done to give you enough experience in this rite that you could simply pick up the book and perform it with great results (other than flashy light orb thingies)? :eh:[/QUOTE]

Hello matthew K

I have been meditating for many years & have made several conscious contacts with several angels & Masters of Wisdom that reside in the mountain & desert regions of this world. I do a lot of occult work with the four elements, having the best results from fire & water magick so far. The physical manifestations from the book of old ones are a mystery to me despite the vast majority of people on forums thinking the book is complete hocus-pocus but I cannot deny that I experienced exactly what the author said I would

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: MatthewK

I see a series of words that vaguely categorize types of works but no cohesive systems of magick or specific studies (e.g., studying Bardon, member of the Golden Dawn, active at a local Thelemic temple; working from Ars Almadel, Notoria, or Goetia; Enochiana, skrying)...

"Fire and water magick", "contacting Masters of Wisdom" and "meditation" tells us nothing except that you've been reading into the hocus-pocus a bit too much and have no solid understanding of any real system - even a DIY solitary set of studies like Bardon's IIH. Your case sounds like eclecticism gone horribly wrong, and you should probably set this problem aright by learning some grounding and banishing rituals and getting a grasp on the basics of ritual magick.

Until then, consider your visual manifestations a sign that something is amiss - and probably not good. Don't invite someone/something into your house if you can't throw it/them out...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Ice Flower

This might be a little elementary-my-dear-Watson, but um... how do you know who you're talking to is an angel? For that matter, what is a Master of Wisdom?

Don't believe everything you think.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: FrankyBoy313

are those two books the same for the same author with under different names?

1-New Salt Magick Rites (Paperback)
by Jason Pike (Author)

2-Salt Power For Bringing Love, Luck and Wealth: The Only Book In The World On The Ritualistic Uses Of Salt; Finbarr Book No. 75 (Paperback)
by Marcus T. Bottomley (Author), Rennie Foster (Foreword)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: funquie

Holy sh!+, Batman...

I just looked up this tiny (and I mean TINY--16pp) tome on Amazon, and it's listed as going for $54.60 (US$) PLUS shipping form the UK.

Either these little booklets are SERIOUSLY high-quality Magickal Tomes of Great artistic and Magickal Merit, or this cat is an outright publishing criminal. Either way, I'm TOTALLY jealous, because, heck, I could TOTALLY be doing that, and my editions would actually BE limited edition, fine-art books, printed on archival paper with hand-set type and printed on a 100-year-old hand-fed printing press.

Now don't get me wrong--I am an unrepentant bibliophile myself (and a bit of a fine-art letterpress printer and bookbinder as well), and I own SEVERAL crucial Magickal first editions in several genres (a few for which I have payed a LOT more than $60 for!), but almost $60 for a 16pp booklet? You've GOT to be kidding.

Pike should include his phone number with this book at that price, so I can call him up and get his personal help with my magickal operations...

Dudes, I am TOTALLY in the wrong business. I need to start doing limited editions of letterpress-printed Magickal manuals that use 4 sheets of paper and one sheet of cover stock, hand-bound and stitched, and start selling them on Amazon for $50 a pop. Bro, I think I just got a brainstorm...

--Funquie

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

but you can get it on piratebay for free XD

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Enso

Havn't heard of these two books, would be nice to know if they're any good.

Here's one possibly in the same vein however, from Pennsylvania State University's "Magic in History" series which I much adore: Binding Words: Textual Amulets in the Middle Ages.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: MatthewK

[QUOTE=Enso;372210]Binding Words: Textual Amulets in the Middle Ages.[/QUOTE]

Interesting stuff as well. UPenn has all kinds of great stuff like this, I'm glad I live close to the campus. ;)

Their online Sumerian cuneiform dictionary is amazing.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: funquie

Yes I agree with this. I picked up a copy of "Forbidden Rites: A Necromancer's Manual of the Fifteenth Century", of this same series, and although it is NOT an easy read, it is full of interesting historical material. Heavy reading, but very educational. Probably the best thing I ever bought frm a vender at a Renn Faire...

--Funquie

shimmygirllinda
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: 'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones'

Post by shimmygirllinda »

Occult Forum Archive wrote:Original post: wizardscauldron

Has anyone tried the rituals from the book 'Powerful magic Words' by Jason Pike or 'The Book of Old Ones' by Scorpio, both sold by Finbarr books. It would be great to correspond with anyone who has had results from the these books.

i am working with the old ones just now and they are awesome. the magic words book i have but i have never worked with it.

Return to “Witchcraft”