How about that witchcraft stuff? - repost

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

How about that witchcraft stuff? - repost

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: doh

rhi06-10-2004, 07:05 PM
What is witchcraft to you? How do you define yourself?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MoonShadow06-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Witchcraft to me is a practice that helps me open up my mind to the world around me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

erisdoe06-10-2004, 07:18 PM
To me, witchcraft is a system of magic, often practical in nature, which may or not be related to Wicca or neoPaganism.

I read somewhere that "goetia" is derived from a word for witchcraft. As usual, I cannot remember where I read this.

RedRaven06-10-2004, 09:20 PM
I am one of these people who sees a difference between witchcraft, Witchcraft(capital "W") and Wicca. witchcraft(lowercase) I see as a term referring to magic. Witchcraft(uppercase) I refer to as a umbrella term for pagan religions of europe before the spread of christianity. Wicca of course being the modern religion.

RedRaven

Artemis06-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Witchcraft is a talent, a skill. Something you must master before going about it haphazardly. Some people think watching movies like the Craft, or reading shiny books from the local mall give them enough information to dabble. Witchcraft requires continued learning, not only from many books and websites, but learning to look inward; inside your own soul. Completely understanding the cause and effect of the magical manipulation of forces, and the knowledge that not everything is 'solved' with magic.

palindroem06-11-2004, 11:12 AM
To me . . . umm . . . witchcraft . . is . . .

Artemis, that avatar is REALLY distracting . . . I love it.

What were we talking about?

Artemis06-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Ummmm Pal, we were talking about witchcraft. :wink:

Sorry its so distracting, I can remove it if you like....

phoenix_shadowwolf06-11-2004, 04:36 PM
witchcraft to me is just the practice that one might integrate into a religion, or not. it's the act to me. what morals, rules, or specifics you attach to it, well, that depends on the beliefs that you let dictate your practice of 'witchcraft', as it's called here.

Return to “Witchcraft”