Job/Money magick - repost

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Job/Money magick - repost

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: doh

Blue Starthief06-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Does anyone have any good methods of magickally attracting a job?

I'm looking for a summer retail job, and I'm doing all I can on the phyiscal plane (I have over a dozen applications to hand in to various stores tomorrow, I'm well-qualified and I present myself in a professional manner), but I've been job-hunting for a month now. I'm thinking it's time to seek a little outside help.

Is/has anyone else (been) in a situation like mine?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

palindroem06-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Umm . . . no spellbegging

:) (sorry)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Starthief06-19-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm not spell-begging, I'm asking for advice.

palindroem06-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Ok.

So what (magically) have you done so far?

PaulS06-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Blue Starthief,

A "dark moon" ritual or a "full moon" ritual or both would be one way. The dark moon is to celebrate the end of your unemployed status and the beginning of your employment process.Writing your intent on a scrap of paper and then burning it is a good way to to give it to the Goddess. the following full moon is to celebrate the coming of your job - those things in your life that have come to fruition. writing your thanks on a small piece of paper and burning it while keeping in mind that you are giving up some of your time to have this job and that it is a gift that you will cherish.

PaulS

palindroem06-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Moon magick is always beautiful and strong.

A solar solstice ritual could provide a lot of good energy (seeing as its nearly upon us).

Perhap drawing it down to something tangible . . . maybe a fruit (prepared and "dressed") so you can consume it and more fully absorb the value of the energy.
(I often do this on solstices for long-term-goal, self improvement magick)

content persephone06-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Blue Starthief -
It is difficult to know what kind of advice to offer you without knowing more about your beliefs and what kind of magic you practice. I like the sound of both rituals that PaulS describes. Here's a few more ideas to consider.

For many witches, spellwork toward the purpose of employment/sustinance would fall heavily into the realm of the "earth" elemental force. You might also consider an appeal to an appropriate "earth" Deity in the type of rituals PaulS describes. Without knowing if you use a pantheon in your practice, I can't really recommend one Diety in particular. Personally, I use a greek pantheon, so I appeal to Hecate in "earthy" matters.

Also, you might emphasize some of the earth correspondences in your ritual to strenthen its intent. Here's some earth correspondences to help get your creative juices going.

Hope some of it is helpful!
Blessings on your path.

EARTH:

REPRESENTS: all Animals, Birth, Body, Business/industry, Car, the Combined forces of nature and its bounty, Conservation and nature, Daily life, Death, Developing security and groundedness in material/physical world, Employment, Fertility, Finances and material gain, Food, Gardening and agriculture, Germination, Grounding and centering energies, Healing, Health, Home, Industry and possessions, Manifestation, Material abundance/gain/things/matters, Materialization, Money, the eternal Mother Goddess, Motherly love, Mystery, Nature, Nurturing, Physical activities, Physical needs, Planting, Possessions, Promotes peace, Prosperity, Rebirth, Reproduction, Sensations, Silence, Stability, Stones and metals, Structure, Sustenance Things real and solid, Work

TYPE OF MAGICK RULED: Animal, Binding, Gardening, Image, Knot, Marriage, Self-improvement, Stone, Tree

COLORS: Deep Green, Black, Brown, Citrine, Gold, Mustard, Olive, Yellow, White

HERBS/PLANTS: Comfrey, Cypress, Ferns, Grass, Grains, Ground cover, Jasmine, High John the Conqueror, Holly, Ivy, Mimosa, Mistletoe, Moss, Oak, Pennyroyal, Straw flowers, Trees

INCENSE: Patchouli, Pine, Storax

OILS: Cedar, Cypress, Pine, Sage, Vetiver

PLACES: Arboretums, Basements, any Business underground, Canyons, Caves, Caverns, Chasms, Farms, Farmerâ??s markets, Fields, Forests, Gardens, Graves, Groves, Holes, Kitchens, Markets, Meadows, Mines, Mountains, Nurseries (plant and baby), Parks, Valleys

ANIMALS: All four-footed animals, Ant, Bears, Bison, Burrowing animals, Cattle, Dog, Earthworm, Gopher, Horse, Marsupials, Night creatures, Snakes, Stag, Wolf

NATURAL SYMBOLS: Acorns, Animals, Clay dish of fresh soil, Crystals, Jewels, Metals, Plants, Rocks, Salt, Sand, Sheaves of wheat, Standing stones, all Stones

RITUAL FORMS: Burying, Making images in soil or sand, Planting

TOOLS: Altar stone (body of anima mundi), Bowl of salt/rich earth, Cauldron, Clay, Clubs, Crystals, Currency, Dirt, Disks, Fruit, Gemstones, Green plants, Herb roots, Ice, Necklaces, Pentacle, Pentagrams, Sand, Sewing equipment, Shields, Stones, Tree bark, thick Tree branches, Wheels, Whole grains, Wood blocks

MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS: All percussion instruments, Drum

TAROT SUITS: Pentacles/Disks

STONES: Agate(Green, Moss), Alum, Catâ??s-Eye, Chrysoprase, Coal, Emerald, Granite, Green calcite, Jade, Jasper(picture, brown, green), Jet, Kunzite, Malachite, Obsidian, Olivine, Peridot, Quartz, Rock crystal, Salt, Stalagmite, Stalactite, Tourmaline(black, green)

PLANETS: Venus, Ceres, Saturn

POLARITIES: Feminine, Negative, Yin, Receptive

VICES: Boredom, Dullness, Hoarding of resources (including information), Inertia, Lack of conscience, Melancholy, Stagnation

VIRTUES: Commitment, Endurance, Patience, Practicality, Responsibility, Sense of timing, Strength, Thoroughness, Wisdom

VISUALIZATION: Clay, Corn, Dirt, Salt, Stones, Trees, Wheat

VOICE: Rumble

ZODIAC SIGNS: Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo

Blue Starthief06-19-2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. I carried a piece of jade with me today while turning in applications and getting more applications.

CP: I'm an ecclectic Pagan-- almost to the point of being a Chaote. I revere the Greek pantheon, mainly Persephone, Dionysos, Hermes, Apollo, Pan, Artemis, and Athena.

navy-dragon-wolf06-20-2004, 11:12 AM
my method

buy these :
pecan nuts
green fabric
green thread

make a green pouch put the pecans inside ... perfact employment charm

content persephone06-20-2004, 01:24 PM
In my opinion, Hecate is the best diety for this sort of assistance. But I must confess to a bias about it, as she is my patron goddess. ;)

I will also note that Hecate is a lot more likely to give you what you need than what you ask her for, in my experience. It often is most effective to simply ask her to send whatever is needed in your life, without a lot of specifics, and just trust her judgement. (Being somewhat of a control freak, this was a difficult thing for me to do in the beginning - still is oftentimes - and caused me all sorts of confusion and unnecessary difficulties.)

Hecate is best invoked at the Full Moon, while the Moon is waning, and on the dark nights just before the New Moon. She is usually invoked after night falls, in moonlight or in torchlight. Honey, menstrual blood, roast meat, graveyard dirt (ground patchouli leaves, alone or mixed with other dried herbs), and eggs and onions that have been used to absorb negative vibrations in the home, are all suitable offerings to Hecate. Offerings are ideally made on the Full Moon or Waning Moon and buried under the dark Waning Moon. Red wine, honey, and willow water, an infusion of willow bark, are appropriate libations for Hecate.

Blessings on your path.

martin06-21-2004, 05:39 AM
After years of renting my partner and I decided to get ourselves a mortgage, and I would require more money to do this. Although this was many many moons ago now, I remember the suspension I made to wear as though it were yesterday! I made and charged the charm, went out and bought some papers and had the job I needed by the end of the week.

As Agrippa says "all things that are naturally generated, or artificially made, (are made) fruitful, by infusing into them celestial properties for the working of some wonderful effects...but also when they being conveniently wrapped up, are bound to, or hanged about the neck, or any other way applied...do impress their virtue upon us."

Finding a job would come under Jupiter or Saturn (through his connection to the Earth Element), but I would go with the Greater Benefic over the Greater Malefic, therefore expansion over constriction/boundaries. In light of this the materials should be of a Jovial quality.

Therefore, one can make a suspension by taking a suitable wrapping material, which should be living (therefore magically conductive), such as a leaf, animal skin (which having been a strict vegetarian for the best part of my life I would not consider) or suitable cloth (silk/cotton/woolen etc, not synthetic). It should be Jovial, and therefore you might wrap the items in a blue or violet cloth, or in a dock leaf, a heart's tongue fern frond, an oak leaf etc.

The items you choose to wrap up should also be Jovial (unless you want to mix in a Saturnine influence), so you might place pistachio or almond nuts into it, some nutmeg, a handful of barley or wheat, some sugar (all things sweet yet subtle, sharp & astringent are Jovial) or even a jovial crystal (if you use crystals) such as amethyst or lapis lazuli, or a piece of jovial tin. Choose just one or two things to put into it, that is plenty.

Once the items are within you can tie it up into a bag if it is a cloth or even just fold the cloth/leaf aroubnd the objects to make a package. Either way, you should use a thread of an appropriate colour (and it should again be natural & living rather than synthetic in nature), i.e. blue (for Jupiter or green for Earthy money/materialism). This acts to bind the magic within the charm, so it will be released only upon contact with the person, thus forming a magical alligation.

As I am an animist at heart, I communicate with the creatures as I am placing them within, asking them to lend me their help, but that is a personal touch. Once it is wrapped you can charge it and then you simply wear it close to your person. I would add that wearing a drop of Rosemary essential oil to any interviews can aid in the job getting process as well.

As for the timing of the spell, well that is up to you. I would always try to do it when Jupiter was exalted, or within the hour of Jupiter, or at the very least on a waxing to full moon. But as with all things, when needs must....

Much love,
Martin

Jeleia06-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I like to carry a piece of tiger's eye to job interviews. So far its worked everytime :)

I hate job hunting, good luck :)

Return to “Witchcraft”