Temple of Hecate

waning
Forum Member
Forum Member

Temple of Hecate

Post by waning »

A new coven for devotees of Hecate is forming online.
Witches & Pagans from all backgrounds and paths are welcome! ^v^

http://www.meetup.com/templeofhecate1
Attachments
Hecate Goddess of Witches 666.jpg

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Temple of Hecate

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

Interesting....Hecate is such a strong goddess...!!
Most people fight for the possible.
I fight for the impossible!

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Yeah, but also rather a dangerous goddess for new people with very little knowledge to follow around. Thats one of the problems with the old gods - so many of them arent about peace and light, theyre about sacrifice, and arent particularly positive energies to worship unless you know how to deal with them.

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

Correct !!!

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

My understanding is that she has an afinity for the outcast,the downcast,downtrodden and the misfit and that her entourage consists of lost and destitute souls. And she is also known as daughter of the Stars,her mother being Astrea,is she not? And I believe she is reputed to light the way thorough darkness,if approached with resolve and humility?

She holds keys and a torch,the symbolism of those are very strong too.

Should you meet her on the roads,Just don't look behind you and you'll be alright,lol.

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

That's correct my dear Nahemah.Hecate was the only child of the Titans Perses and Asteria,goddess of the crossroads... so,from her parents inherited powers over the earth,sea and sky...she helped the goddess Dimitra in search of Persephone and after their reunion became Persephone's attendant and companion of Hades.hecate was closely connected with the Eleusinian mysteries.goddess of witchcraft in the underworld...Hecate was usually depicted with her sacred dogs,although Hecate and even her animals,were sometimes said to have three heads and that they could see in all directions....she reminds us of the importance of change,helping us to release the past, especially those things that are hindering our growth and to accept change and transitions.She sometimes asks us to let go of what is familiar,safe and secure and to travel to the scary places of the soul.New beginnings,whether spiritual or mundane,aren't always easy. But Hecate is there to support and show you the way.She loans her farsightedness for you to see what lies deeply forgotten or even hidden, and helps you make a choice and find your path. Oft times she shines her torch to guide you while you are in dreams or meditation...she teaches us to be just and to be tolerant of those who are different or less fortunate, yet she is hardly a "bleeding heart", for Hecate dispenses justice "blindly" and equally.

when you need to work in a hecate's ritual you ought to be very cautious...she doesh't forgive any mistake...and also doesh't forget...yes..you are correct again,when you say ''Should you meet her on the roads,Just don't look behind you and you'll be alright''...
i just adore her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allow me to leave you her orphic hymn...one of my favorites.

"Hekate Einodia, Trioditis [Trivia], lovely dame, of earthly, watery, and celestial frame, sepulchral, in a saffron veil arrayed, pleased with dark ghosts that wander through the shade; Perseis, solitary goddess, hail! The world’s key-bearer, never doomed to fail; in stags rejoicing, huntress, nightly seen, and drawn by bulls, unconquerable queen; Leader, Nymphe, nurse, on mountains wandering, hear the suppliants who with holy rites thy power revere, and to the herdsman with a favouring mind draw near."

Dajai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dajai »

I would love to have met others with a similar regard to Hecate as my own yet the link seems to be dead.

In the spirit of this thread I shall offer a poem I wrote a few years ago...

---

An Address To Hecate

Lace veins, melting through silken skin
Dark weaver, of the unseen
The What-Was-Now and the Never-Been
The intimate sketch of distant things

Humble, yet truthfully cold
Enchanting lady, guide our souls
Barren womb which births the world
Dying paradoxes, magickally unfold

Ageless beauty of countless years
Gorgeous Goddess with long white hair
Deceptive strength within fine bones
Death of many without honour to hold

Three they told, but one I see
Within thine hovel, brewing tea
Or are they bones within your pot?
I peak inside but question not

Fluid grace captivates the hero
Nobility rewarding itself is known
Hard as stone: brittle, dead spider skin
Water's depths occult the gods within

Eight ways come to meet as nine
Spinning threads and weaving time
Night whispers drift and creep inside
Gift the wish of showered lights

Saturn's halo of musical rings
Gather for Death on Cassiel's wings
No wish too big nor too small
All voices welcome within these halls

Eyes blink shut-the bitter tongue
The long deep sting of revelation
Harsh path of growth and called to be
Come the Earth so mote it be.

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

i'm always pleased to meet followers of Hecate !! I enjoyed this poem.Makes me feel more proud,that i'm Greek.Here's the link:

http://www.paganspace.net/group/covenofhecate

Return to “Witchcraft”