Is it ok for me to still love Joan of Arc?

OccultNoob
Forum Member
Forum Member

Is it ok for me to still love Joan of Arc?

Post by OccultNoob »

Like if I do decide to become Wiccan can I still love Joan of Arc?

She has always been a great inspiration for me and not in a religious way. Her story just makes me feel better as a woman. I have a picture of her on my wall. In the past whenever I felt sad or weak I'd look at her and feel better. If I decided to completely leave Christianity behind and embrace Wicca can I still love Joan of Arc as a person?

hobotubbie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Is it ok for me to still love Joan of Arc?

Post by hobotubbie »

Don't worry .. your still a wiccan :D

Btw what you love is the idealistic image that joan d'arc produces not her faith in christianity in particular i guess.. and i believe you can still find good aspects in other religions and simply dedicate yourself to another.

Nothing wrong.. just don't tell your wiccan mates!! (joking)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

What hobotubbie said. [thumbup]

I am Heathen,as Heathen as a Heathen can be,lol,and I have a hodogetria [Icon image] of 'Our Lady of Perpetual Succour' on my wall above the computer.
It was given to my grandmother by my grandfather,whom I never got to know.It's the only link I have to him.

There is a back story to this,but suffice to say that I enjoy the image and many of my family were Christian,so why not?

I have objets and bits n pieces from multiple faith systems and I collect brass and carved wood items too,many of which have religious themes.

There is no harm in you having Joan around you.Her strength is inspiring,whatever your beliefs are.

Meresis Wergamoth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Meresis Wergamoth »

Nahemah wrote: There is no harm in you having Joan around you.Her strength is inspiring,whatever your beliefs are.
This woman is awesome, we should have more people like that...

And it is only Christians that does not allow their fidels to appreciate pagan stuff, the other way around is perfectly fine ^^
Frater E.L.M.W.O.O.D.S.

Are you awake? If your answer is yes, you are sleeping.

Leanan Sidhe
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Leanan Sidhe »

Yeah, you're good. Personally, I'm a big fan of Jesus. Has it gotten me strange looks? Oh, yeah. But has it gotten me in serious trouble/messed up my path? Not at all. On the contrary, it's kind of enhanced it. Joan of Arc really was awesome, btw. :-)
"Faeries are profound -- profoundly annoying." -- Brian Froud

"Sex contains all" -- Walt Whitman

"Death Is easy" -- Poppy Z. Brite

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking or not liking anything, as long as it doesnt hurt anyone who doesnt want to be hurt. No paradigm should stop you from being human and having interests outside of it. Stricter paradigms should be avoided in my opinion unless youre looking for a system that limits your freedom from being yourself, as setting yourself up to follow a path that involves not being you is setting yourself up to either become a mindless automaton or to fail.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Joan of Arc was an incredibly important woman in history and I'd be suspicious of anyone that didn't respect her. Does her religion mean anything to me? No, it's pants. But that doesn't change my opinion of Joan of Arc one bit. Christianity is usually pretty hostile towards the beliefs of other religions but Wicca isn't like that at all. You can be friends with and respect people of other religions!

It's the same with Jesus. He had lots of wisdom and had some very wise teachings that I still follow (through inspiration, not obligation). But I don't believe in any of the myths of christianity (and I don't think Jesus would tbh, but thats a whole other can of worms.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Of course it is, she was an amazing and inspirational woman, no matter what your religious beliefs :)
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Witchcraft”