What does a burnt apple mean?

johnnathan
Forum Member
Forum Member

What does a burnt apple mean?

Post by johnnathan »

My friends dad said he found a burnt apple outside his window, he was once married to a witch so he thinks maybe it was her, but what does it mean? Thanks

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: What does a burnt apple mean?

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

Apples have always been popular tools for foretelling the future.There are a number of traditional methods in folklore for seeing who one's lover might be.Because of its associations with the harvest,the apple is perfect for Mabon magic....it is also associated with immortality,but is also considered a food for the dead,which is why it often makes its appearance at Mabon celebrations...so...a burnt apple is not a good sigh.Cleanse your house,use holy water and holy salt and pray to the God that you believe in,to keep you safe and protected...as long as it concerns the apple,you'll put it in a white silk cloth and on it you will read psalm 139 if you are an Orthodox...if'you're not,you will say a prayer with words that come from your hurt in order for you to be safe from all enemies...then,you will through it away in the sea or a river.After you return home,you will burn incense of lemon.
Good luck
Most people fight for the possible.
I fight for the impossible!

Etar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Etar »

The first thing that came to mind when I read this was some kind of love (or in this case, "unlove") spell. Apples are also associated with love, so maybe your father's wife was up to something like that? Anyway, this is just a guess. You should follow the advice of the above poster and do some cleansing if you can.

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

it depends on the tradition that they choose to work with...all Greek rituals that use an apple,almost always concern love.BUT...a burnt apple is not used just to ruin a love affair. [thumbup]
Most people fight for the possible.
I fight for the impossible!

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

I just figure it means someone burnt their apple pie.

Also the apple can be symbol for knowledge (fruit in the bible origin story, fruit of life/fruit of knowledge).
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

kiss_lamia
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by kiss_lamia »

johnnathan wrote:My friends dad said he found a burnt apple outside his window, he was once married to a witch so he thinks maybe it was her, but what does it mean? Thanks
it could be nothing but maybe clense the area with sage and maybe do a banishing spell just for piece of mind, but if it is perhaps his former wife, it seems more like a reclaiming of some sort perhaps taking her love back, or maybe taking knowledge she shared back.

Return to “Witchcraft”