How is the kabbalah tree of life used in magick?

johnnathan
Forum Member
Forum Member

How is the kabbalah tree of life used in magick?

Post by johnnathan »

And in tarot cards? I've read about the origins of it and the Jewish practice but i can never find how its actually used physically in magick and witchcraft.

Sourcery10
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How is the kabbalah tree of life used in magick?

Post by Sourcery10 »

johnnathan wrote:And in tarot cards? I've read about the origins of it and the Jewish practice but i can never find how its actually used physically in magick and witchcraft.
The Kabbalistic Tree of Life, when used in magick, ceremonial or otherwise, depends on the particular Sephirah (single) and the level of ritual to be used. The best way to learn about the Sephiroth (plural) and the Tree of Life is to read Dion Fortune's "The Mystical Qabbalah". This will give you details of the correspondences of the ten Sephiroth.

To perform a Kabbalistic ritual, one would start off with the LBRP, or calling the Watchtowers. Then, depending upon the Sephirah being invoked, the appropriate incense is burnt and the relevant spiritual entity is invoked. The ritual words/supplication is then made. One must be sure, however, that the correct "world" is used as this can be an extremely powerful ritual.

zard

Post by zard »

Sourcery10 wrote:
johnnathan wrote:And in tarot cards? I've read about the origins of it and the Jewish practice but i can never find how its actually used physically in magick and witchcraft.
The Kabbalistic Tree of Life, when used in magick, ceremonial or otherwise, depends on the particular Sephirah (single) and the level of ritual to be used. The best way to learn about the Sephiroth (plural) and the Tree of Life is to read Dion Fortune's "The Mystical Qabbalah". This will give you details of the correspondences of the ten Sephiroth.

To perform a Kabbalistic ritual, one would start off with the LBRP, or calling the Watchtowers. Then, depending upon the Sephirah being invoked, the appropriate incense is burnt and the relevant spiritual entity is invoked. The ritual words/supplication is then made. One must be sure, however, that the correct "world" is used as this can be an extremely powerful ritual.
This is incorrect. Fortune is a very poor source for QBL. The best is likely Achad. This is also a very concise and yet in depth presentation in what the advanced adept knows as the Achad Trilogy. Whether one accepts the conclusions of the last book of the trilogy, "The Anatomy of the Body of God", the two books providing the background to it are the best information on Tarot in existence. Sadly, they are rare. Still, avoid Fortune if you wish to know the true nature of QBL and how it is used. I will be presenting the true use and arrangements in my own work. The seforet (this is a standard spelling to rabbinical students on a New York campus) are portals when used correctly to something for more fantastic than Fortune ever had the mind to imagine.

Irin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Irin »

Honestly I've never realized such Achad's greatness, nor the poorness of Fortune. They are different people with different perspective. In my personal opinion they are both excelent kabbalists, but the best for me is František Franz Bardon's The Key to the True Kabbalah (Quaballah).
Fortune is great for begginers, simple, easily understood, female touch.
If someone wants to understand Achad, s/he should read the Fortune first.
Bardon is my favorite.

Moongoat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Moongoat »

Qabalah is the frame-work of the Western Mystery Tradition. It influences certain rituals like the LBRP and Gnostic Mass, and it's the basis of the Golden Dawn and A.'.A.'. degree structures. Read Book 4 by Aleister Crowley for a Qabbalistic analysis of the LBRP. It's also the basis of occult correspondences used in Ceremonial Magick and most forms of Neo-Paganism. This aspect of it is called "practical Qabalah" (That's a Dion Fortune term, if I remember correctly). Good sources to read on practical Qabalah are Q.B.L. by Frater Achad and 777 by Aleister Crowley.

The 22 trumps of the Tarot are based on the 22 paths of the Qabalistic Tree of Life, which correspond to the 22 letters of the Hebrew Alphabet. The numbered cards all correspond to the Sephiroth in respect to their elements. Good books to read on Qabalah and the Tarot are The Book of Thoth by Aleister Crowley and Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo DuQuette.

It's amazing to me how near-perfectly interwoven almost every correspondence and ritual in Ceremonial Magick is with the Qabalah. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Return to “Witchcraft”