Negative stone lore

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Negative stone lore

Post by Azkhet »

Okay, so if we agree that certain types of stones (quartz, bloodstone, hematite, larimar, whatever) have certain psychic or metaphysical properties, it might be useful to see a reliable list of correspondences. Looking around, I have found most lists to be unreliable and contradictory New Agey messes, which doesn't really surprise me since the fruity starchild types really like their crystals, and there's a lot of contamination between the New Age and more, uh "serious" occult communities (god, I am laughing so hard writing that.) [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Anyway, what I also noticed is the curious repetition of stone uses - everything seems to have to do with opening up energy points, facilitating communication, transmuting a perceived bad energy into something fluffy and positive, etc. Again, given the source (New Agers) it doesn't surprise me. However, it occurred to me that I haven't ever seen a stone lore book that lists the negative attributions of a stone, much less in the context of using those negative attributions. I know I can invert the uses of some stones in a ritual manner (citrine normally used to enhance wealth and prosperity instead used to drain an enemy's bank account, for example) but I've never seen a reliable list that says anything like "Opal: used to sow disorientation and scatter your enemies, just as it scatters light" or similar. Has anyone ever seen such a list, especially one written by someone who isn't a complete dipshit (Ford)?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Negative stone lore

Post by Nahemah »

I've never seen such a list either,but that only means that I've not seen one,not that there is no such list somewhere. [crazy]

I know bits n bobs from my own cultural background,relating to baneful stones and some of the superstitions/lore that goes with them and some knowledge I've picked up through trial and error rather similarly to what you've said,in taking the traditional and the 'Nu agey 'correspondances and playing around with them a little.But no list or book stuff,I'm afraid.

I hope someone does know of this as a resource though,I think it'd be interesting to look at and compare notes with.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

I tried looking online about this after you posted the question and I found a thread on another forum where people were talking about the very same thing and one person said that she did read a book before that had such a list, but she couldn't remember the title.
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Well, my googling was unsuccessful.

Where was it?

Return to “Witchcraft”