Forests

Thoth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Forests

Post by Thoth »

I know of some forests where a war took place, what kind of ideas do you guys have on some interesting rituals to perform there. or maybe some ceremonies. id rather a deity of war of some sort, but any of this wiccan nature worship stuff works too, just want to try some wiccan performances. (i dont know anything about anything when it comes to Wicca, other than that movie with the cute black chick from "The Craft" and the beautiful woman from the lesbian scene in Wild Things or whatever).
thanks for your time.

PrinceOfNeptune
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Forests

Post by PrinceOfNeptune »

Generally, it is a bad idea to start meddling with energy near forests in general, not to mention forests near places where lots of emotion happened all at once in the past...also: movies are rarely, if ever, a good picture of what is legit and what is not in the world of the occult.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night..."

sonko
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sonko »

Apparently in forests you can find many different spirits, good and evil but there is no easy way of invoking spirits from forests however you can successfully do other magic rituals in forests and succeed.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

It sounds like you're looking to serve yourself up as an all you can eat buffet. This isn't role playing, dude.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

autodydact
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by autodydact »

I'd advise against it... There is a forest I regularly visit where I meditate etc. and on the occasion work magick, invoking the entities of the forest to aid my work. But I've been going there for a long time, have left libations, cleared litter and very patiently nurtured my relationship with the forest and it's spirits/guardians/what have you. If you just roll up and start trying to summon war gods, I doubt that you'll be received kindly. What do you intend to do once you've achieved this? What are you expecting? From the nature of your post, I assume that you're practical experience is little to none, in which case I would recommend you lurk around here and read as many threads as you can be bothered to. What you will quickly learn is that magick can be very easy, but it takes a lot of discipline and practice and can be dangerous (especially if you're looking to summon stuff at a place where many were killed!!!)

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Yours is probably the stupidest idea I've yet encountered in this forum and that is saying a lot! I've done quite a bit of work with forest energies. In fact, this is where much of my occult work takes place and I've found it to be most rewarding, if sometimes a bit dangerous. I've also done a great deal of battlefield magick and can tell you that there are many energies buried that you don't enjoy encountering. Everything depends on what you want to do and how you do it. Just going out for the sake of evoking something will cause you no end of suffering. If you insist on doing it, here is the safest way to begin to try. DO NOT BEGIN WITH A BATTLEFIELD! Go to a military cemetary. Before you go you must, at the very least, find a dead relative whom you knew personally, who fought in a war (and hope he wasn't a pussy!). Bring an intimate object of his with you and never let go of it. A ring will work, or a pair of boots. You will also need an old war knife. Find an old grave of a soldier, slice your hand with the knife and drive the bloody knife in! It would be best to do this during the last ours of the waning moon before Halloween. Sit there silently for a while and take care of your hand. Feel for a change of quality in the barometric pressure and subtle changes in wind. Leave the knife and walk away. Make sure you look back at the grave a few times as you go. Stop once in a while to allow what you've evoked to catch up. Having given you this, I must warn you that some things may change in your life in ways that won't be a video game. When you get home be sure to keep pictures of your chosen relative around where you sleep and light a few green or white candles. If after six months you want to go further, then you can consider evoking a war diety. There are many and each has pros and cons. I will badmouth none of them, but depending on who you are some might be better than others.

I won't bore you with details, but I've worked with an energy known as Mars Silvanus for several years. Although the mighty one has been very kind to me, experience has taught me that this is not a;ways the case. War gods are pretty intense characters and unless you have something in your past that impresses them or pleases them in some way, I would most strongly advise you to flush the idea. If you insist on dealing personally with any war god, you must first join the military and get a few kills under your belt. I mean close up kills with your hands, a shovel, or a knife. Not the long range kills that the pussies brag about. I mean the ones where you bathe in blood, get blood in your eyes, mouth and ears, where you have to live for weeks wearing somebody's blood, vomit, guts, piss, and shit. The more the better. The greater the odds the better. The more insane the better Evoke your chosen diety each time you kill (I'm talking legit battlefield kills). The gods of war appreciate few things but the suffering of a veteran infantryman. You need to experience the best and worst. The gods of war favor only their own children, those children reborn of death. I'll bet this sounds great to you, like some game or something. Well, you won't think it's so great when you live it, or years later when it starts to occur to you how much suffering you actually wrought. It's hardly worth it. And by the way, avoid Aries, huh?

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

manonthepath wrote:Yours is probably the stupidest idea I've yet encountered in this forum and that is saying a lot! I've done quite a bit of work with forest energies. In fact, this is where much of my occult work takes place and I've found it to be most rewarding, if sometimes a bit dangerous. I've also done a great deal of battlefield magick and can tell you that there are many energies buried that you don't enjoy encountering. Everything depends on what you want to do and how you do it. Just going out for the sake of evoking something will cause you no end of suffering. If you insist on doing it, here is the safest way to begin to try. DO NOT BEGIN WITH A BATTLEFIELD! Go to a military cemetary. Before you go you must, at the very least, find a dead relative whom you knew personally, who fought in a war (and hope he wasn't a pussy!). Bring an intimate object of his with you and never let go of it. A ring will work, or a pair of boots. You will also need an old war knife. Find an old grave of a soldier, slice your hand with the knife and drive the bloody knife in! It would be best to do this during the last ours of the waning moon before Halloween. Sit there silently for a while and take care of your hand. Feel for a change of quality in the barometric pressure and subtle changes in wind. Leave the knife and walk away. Make sure you look back at the grave a few times as you go. Stop once in a while to allow what you've evoked to catch up. Having given you this, I must warn you that some things may change in your life in ways that won't be a video game. When you get home be sure to keep pictures of your chosen relative around where you sleep and light a few green or white candles. If after six months you want to go further, then you can consider evoking a war diety. There are many and each has pros and cons. I will badmouth none of them, but depending on who you are some might be better than others.

I won't bore you with details, but I've worked with an energy known as Mars Silvanus for several years. Although the mighty one has been very kind to me, experience has taught me that this is not a;ways the case. War gods are pretty intense characters and unless you have something in your past that impresses them or pleases them in some way, I would most strongly advise you to flush the idea. If you insist on dealing personally with any war god, you must first join the military and get a few kills under your belt. I mean close up kills with your hands, a shovel, or a knife. Not the long range kills that the pussies brag about. I mean the ones where you bathe in blood, get blood in your eyes, mouth and ears, where you have to live for weeks wearing somebody's blood, vomit, guts, piss, and shit. The more the better. The greater the odds the better. The more insane the better Evoke your chosen diety each time you kill (I'm talking legit battlefield kills). The gods of war appreciate few things but the suffering of a veteran infantryman. You need to experience the best and worst. The gods of war favor only their own children, those children reborn of death. I'll bet this sounds great to you, like some game or something. Well, you won't think it's so great when you live it, or years later when it starts to occur to you how much suffering you actually wrought. It's hardly worth it. And by the way, avoid Aries, huh?
I wasn't clear. Drive the bloody knife into the grave!

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Everything depends on what you want to do and how you do it. Just going out for the sake of evoking something will cause you no end of suffering.
First off - dude, you can be so fucking rude. What's up with that?

How is that the stupidest post you've ever read when you actually agree with it? (See the quote above)

If you're good enough - you don't need the knife or boots or any physical object. The remains are more than enough.

There are Codes of Conduct when dealing with the Dead. Walking in, picking a random grave and demanding they show is just so rude. They deserve our respect. The stronger ones demand it and will kick your ass for lacking it. Cemeteries also have guardians. Hope that they don't notice you.

Perhaps this is easy for you because you're already among the half dead and they see you as one of their own.

But the advice you give for someone JUST starting out who thinks 'war is cool' and 'I wanna channel that' is not good advice unless you like setting people up to get hurt or fucked with.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I just want to say that I'm really not giving you a hard time here. This is me making conversation. I think it could be a very cool conversation.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

My candor and use of language could be seen as rude by people living by the chains of political correctness. My posting was addressed to the person with the question. If he wants to do what I think he wants to do, he had better become used to candor and vulgarity. I truly do not mean to make anyone "uncomfortable." But if I do, those uncomfortable with my style are free to refrain from reading my postings. They are clearly labelled. As to the issue of my inconsistency, I don't see any cognitive dissonance in my post and make no mention of my opinion on the matter aside from my two comments that it was the "stupidest idea" and that it was "hardly worth it." As should be obvious from the content of my posting, I simply gave a way to accomplish what the question asked. Anyone wishing to offer something different is free to do so. Anyone wishing to attack my methods is also free to do so. In fact I encourage it wholeheartedly. What I refuse to engage in is contention over the net. Anyone wishing to engage me personally is advised to do so in a personal message.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

RoseRed wrote:
Everything depends on what you want to do and how you do it. Just going out for the sake of evoking something will cause you no end of suffering.
But the advice you give for someone JUST starting out who thinks 'war is cool' and 'I wanna channel that' is not good advice unless you like setting people up to get hurt or fucked with.
Two things, respect must be earned, while fear is demanded. Second, people get what they ask for.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Thoth! Here is a good place for you to learn the trade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqfvFcwrxG4

It's called Nagorno-Kahabakh. The pay is not bad and the action is just easy enough that a cherry has a chance to learn enough to stay alive.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Thoth!

Here is a better introduction to the dark forests for which you are looking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItoK9OSanRw [twisted]

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

This one is probably the most entertaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQlId-I6R4

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

You can also edit your last post you made (in a certain time frame), just saying [wink]
bye bye

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

manonthepath - absolutely

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Ramscha wrote:You can also edit your last post you made (in a certain time frame), just saying [wink]
How do I edit a post? What would you like me to edit?

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

manonthepath wrote:
Ramscha wrote:You can also edit your last post you made (in a certain time frame), just saying [wink]
How do I edit a post? What would you like me to edit?
Because of all those double postings. Now it is to late as the time frame ran out but for several hours after posting you will see a little button with"edit" on it which you can press to edit a post instead of making a new one. [thumbup]

Just a formality, but normally it is something like an unspoken act of politness to avoid double posts for the reason of clearer arrangment of the posts. 10 posts of the same guy posted in a short period of time, often with only a single sentence can be rather irritating.
bye bye

Return to “Witchcraft”