Not satisfied with my life. Can magick help?

dancing-with-dragons
Forum Member
Forum Member

Not satisfied with my life. Can magick help?

Post by dancing-with-dragons »

OK, first of all, I am aware that magick can theoretically do anything. But let me explain to you my situation.

I am finishing high-school, and at the same time taking a college level course on piano tuning. It will be my full time occupation, once I am certified.
I have good relationships with my parents. I love them to death. But here's my problem: My dad expects me to be a man I could never be. His idea of a "man" is someone who hunts, fishes, wears rocky boots, etc. Although I love nature, I absolutely hate hunting. And he knows I hate it, yet he stills wants me to be a big hunter, like he is. (He's a registered maine guide). He also has a fiery temper.
He is a contractor, and seems to want me to follow his footsteps in that area as well. He always talks about me getting a little truck and taking over the hardwood flooring area of his business. But I wouldnt want to do that if it was the last job on earth.
He knows I dont like to hunt, and dont like contracting, but I guess he keeps hoping I'll change.

So basically, my dad expects me to be someone I would never, and could never, be. Can magick help me in this area?
Wouldnt that be black magick, if it influences the will of another?

Thanks!
If YHVH had not of been my help, my soul had almost dwelt with Dumah.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Not satisfied with my life. Can magick help?

Post by Ramscha »

The trick is: Stay by your opinion! What the problem with it except some quarrel which you certainly always have with your parents somehow. If it isn´t the negation to hunt, then it will be the colour of your car or the rifle you picked which does not satisfy them.

So what is the deal?

Ramscha
bye bye

Moon Sage
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Moon Sage »

Be yourself.

Take it from a fellow parent & grandparent.... Even if being who you are does not meet expectations, individuality & being proud of it, wins eventually! ♥

dancing-with-dragons
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dancing-with-dragons »

Thanks for the replies everyone! [grin]
If YHVH had not of been my help, my soul had almost dwelt with Dumah.

Myrkkal
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Myrkkal »

Ramscha wrote:The trick is: Stay by your opinion! What the problem with it except some quarrel which you certainly always have with your parents somehow. If it isn´t the negation to hunt, then it will be the colour of your car or the rifle you picked which does not satisfy them.

So what is the deal?

Ramscha
I agree with this one, there will always be something. If you hunted you'd do it wrong or hunt the wrong thing. :)

Also it is almost always better to say things like this right out, but of course not in a whiny or angry way.. just state your honest meaning and stick to it. Most will respect that after a while, if you make excuses or try to avoid confrontations about it, they might think they can still persuade you.

DawningSun777

Post by DawningSun777 »

Back on psych 101 you learn about the identity vs identity confusion of young adults. Make yourself into who you want to be. That, in itself, is magick.

Return to “Witchcraft”