Dark Forces and Aging

Magician2685
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dark Forces and Aging

Post by Magician2685 »

Does working with dark forces in general tend to age you? I know i've asked that question about necromancy and got an answer that if you don't do the necessary preparations then yes you will end up aging fast doing necromancy. But what about just working left hand path magic in general? I tend to lean towards doing rituals that involve asking dark entities to help me in my day to day life, destroy my enemies, and inviting them to live in my body and have my body, mind, and spirit be their temple. I read and study nothing but left hand path magic books. I like to listen to scary music and invite shades and spirits to follow me and feel a little comfort knowing they might be near me when I sleep. I watch nothing but scary movies. Throughout the day I devour black magic grimoires and increase my knowledge with the left hand path. Anything demonic gives me a rush and I feel comfortable with it. I notice though that my face seems to aging even though I drink nothing but water and excercise everyday. I know that im 29 but I tend to keep myself healthy besides downing a 40 when im not studying the left hand path. If this stuff is aging me what precautions can I take so that it doesn't age me?

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Dark Forces and Aging

Post by manofsands »

What if its not the context but the focus itself. By this I mean maybe its not the dark magic or shades or demons or death metal or scary movies themselves.... but the 'death focus' itself. It may just be hurrying you to the destination you adore.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Working with too much of anything can burn you out - dark or light.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Magician2685 wrote:Does working with dark forces in general tend to age you? I know i've asked that question about necromancy and got an answer that if you don't do the necessary preparations then yes you will end up aging fast doing necromancy. But what about just working left hand path magic in general? I tend to lean towards doing rituals that involve asking dark entities to help me in my day to day life, destroy my enemies, and inviting them to live in my body and have my body, mind, and spirit be their temple. I read and study nothing but left hand path magic books. I like to listen to scary music and invite shades and spirits to follow me and feel a little comfort knowing they might be near me when I sleep. I watch nothing but scary movies. Throughout the day I devour black magic grimoires and increase my knowledge with the left hand path. Anything demonic gives me a rush and I feel comfortable with it. I notice though that my face seems to aging even though I drink nothing but water and excercise everyday. I know that im 29 but I tend to keep myself healthy besides downing a 40 when im not studying the left hand path. If this stuff is aging me what precautions can I take so that it doesn't age me?
Inviting entities in is like throwing a party. Some guests will not respect the premises and trash the place. You also really need to know what you're inviting in. You also need to protect yourself from uninvited guests that will really fuck you up. You also need to keep in mind that at 29 you are beginning to see the signs of aging more overtly. I need to tell you, it's all uphill from here and you need to start taking steps now to slow the aging process. Educate yourself about nutrition, and PROPER exercise methods. I would refer you to a book entitled: "The Naked Warrior" by Pavel. You need to develop meditation skills in order to strengthen yourself for your metaphysical experiences. PM me if you want to talk.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

If this stuff is aging me what precautions can I take so that it doesn't age me?
You could stop.

I'm just wondering if you realize that you're inviting spirits/entities to possess you. Is that what you're hoping to achieve?

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

RoseRed wrote:
If this stuff is aging me what precautions can I take so that it doesn't age me?
You could stop.

I'm just wondering if you realize that you're inviting spirits/entities to possess you. Is that what you're hoping to achieve?
She is making an excellent point here.

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

I don't know if this is entierly relevant, but I'm moved to share so I will.

I met a self proclaimed psychic vampire at an OTO meeting. Very nice guy. After the meeting a few of us went out for food and beers and the more interesting chats came about. He was big into astral travel so I had many questions... for that and other things. Somehow on a tangent I mentioned my step-son who seemed to be afraid of everything. This guy said "That use to be me... I used to be afraid of everything...". This caught me off guard, wasn't expecting it from him. He continued,"... I used to be afraid of everything. Had nightmares all the time. Freddy use to scare the crap outta me and came to me in my dreams."... I don't remember the transition of the narrative, but he said," then I absorbed him. I drew him into me. I became that what I feared. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the scariest most bad ass thing in the astral and nothing better fuck with me."

There was a transition. I don't know if it was the right choice or not. It wasn't my choice, can't say. The only thing I can point out here is that it was a choice. He was something before and his coping mechanism was to become something more feared than what scared him. But he was something else before.

I guess I'm going to just leave it at that.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

Magician2685
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Magician2685 »

RoseRed wrote:
You could stop.

Yes it is. I'm very selective on which spirits I choose to ask to enter and live inside me. Last night I evoked the Canaanite God Resheph, asked him to destroy my enemies, then asked him to enter and live inside of me. I told him that my mind body and soul would be his temple. When I layed down to go to bed I felt an incredible energy but then again im not sure if it was just the frankincense I was burning that filled my room.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Oh, ok. Since that's your stated goal - good job!
but he said," then I absorbed him. I drew him into me. I became that what I feared. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the scariest most bad ass thing in the astral and nothing better fuck with me."
LOLOLMFAO

That was great dude! [lol] I love a good laugh in the morning. People like that are fun to play with before breakfast.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Working with the spirits of Sitra Ahra / The Tree/ Crooked Path of Death can be draining and needs to be balanced ie you need to take breaks, its the same as anything else. Death currents are invariably draining, and do disassociate you over time from this plane. And that is working with the 'benevolent' forces of this realm that understand and want contact with humankind. This includes the hallowed dead.

As for inviting shades, that is a mostly idiotic practice. All such shades want to do is feed, cause damage, pain, misery, and thus create more shades due to the conditions they either suffered in life if they were once human, or because they are a parasitic form that has never been incarnated . They are a negative energy in the most definitive sense of the word. They can be directed and utilised, but not in the way you say you do. They are not to be worshipped, but pitied because of their sad state. When this is combined with the above, i wont be surprised if you eventually fall into insanity, depression, followed by suicide, or some other interestingly sad end.

Shades that are incarnated are usually comprised of those people who have died in such circumstances such as suicide, murder, murderers, child molesters, rapists. When contacted these shades are depressing, melancholic, sad, violent, etc. If you think this is awesome and 'cool' in a gothic fashion sense that is incredibly childish. I seriously doubt you would want a serial murderer watching over you in the physical, so why do you wish this in the astral? They obviously only have one goal as broken souls.

As manonthepath said, you also need to be wary of your physical form. This will all take a very large toll on it.

I don't particular care for or against aging - i no longer think of time as linear, so aging is just a process ill have to go through when im ready, at my own body and souls pace. No point worrying about something that will happen, i have no love for a single form to want to remain in the same way for prolonged periods of time. At the same time, causing myself additional damage by bad practice i intend to avoid.

I seriously consider you listen to the other posters advice as well.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Magician2685
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Magician2685 »

Sypheara wrote:Shades that are incarnated are usually comprised of those people who have died in such circumstances such as suicide, murder, murderers, child molesters, rapists. When contacted these shades are depressing, melancholic, sad, violent, etc. If you think this is awesome and 'cool' in a gothic fashion sense that is incredibly childish. I seriously doubt you would want a serial murderer watching over you in the physical, so why do you wish this in the astral? They obviously only have one goal as broken souls.
So the rituals in certain books where you can call up a shade of a deceased loved one and have a feast with it, are they negative? So if someone who was a good person but died tragically like getting run over by a card or murdered, if I call up their shade then are they going to be negative?

Keep in mind that im still learning. I have been studying the occult and occasionally practicing for 10 years but still have questions. There is a loved one of mine that died tragically in a car accident that I want to call up because I miss them so much. What would be the right way to go about that?

Also, if I evoke a dark spirit every once in a while then does that mean that I won't start aging fast? I know I still have a lot to learn but I appreciate all the feedback.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

A Shade is a very specific type of ghost. You don't want to call upon a Shade unless you can put it back down and you don't have the education or training to do so.

Calling upon a deceased loved one who is not a Shade is a very different thing. Have you checked for any mediums in your local area?

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

RoseRed wrote:A Shade is a very specific type of ghost. You don't want to call upon a Shade unless you can put it back down and you don't have the education or training to do so.

Calling upon a deceased loved one who is not a Shade is a very different thing. Have you checked for any mediums in your local area?
RoseRed makes an important distinction here. A shade is a specific type of dead, that operates rather differently.
Magician2685 wrote: So the rituals in certain books where you can call up a shade of a deceased loved one and have a feast with it, are they negative? So if someone who was a good person but died tragically like getting run over by a card or murdered, if I call up their shade then are they going to be negative?

Keep in mind that im still learning. I have been studying the occult and occasionally practicing for 10 years but still have questions. There is a loved one of mine that died tragically in a car accident that I want to call up because I miss them so much. What would be the right way to go about that?
That is a fair enough question, but you wouldn't be calling up their shade, but their ghost. A shade is a 'hungry ghost', in the mythological and actual encounters with them, they are very thirsty, demanding, and potential damaging to work with. This is on a sliding scale between just negative, to malevolent. All dead need quickening to some extent, but these go above and beyond those requirements. Time may make a shade stronger or weaker, depending on several factors.

Due to the tragic nature of those deaths, it is possible that the ghost of the said person could become a shade on their death, depending on how they soul handles the experience of being quickly released from the body. If the new state is accepted, this is unlikely to occur. These kind of ghost usually have more autonomy, are easier to work with, more trustworthy, and are not always present and around. They can cross over and be reincarnated in new bodies for example, and be inaccessible or only at specific times when the soul can be summoned. Some become purely spiritual beings on the long run and in my experience.

RoseReds advice is pretty sound, without using a medium, you might have limited success without having a basic awareness of the dead. There are other things you can try as well, if you know where the said person is buried, or if you have their ashes or remains of their personal effects. Most of these without you knowing if they have transitioned successfully could be potentially dangerous, but you might still wish to pursue them.

On an off note this is why I personally do not offer to my bloodline, only spiritual bloodline, due to the fact that I have no idea who in my own past may still linger as Shades. In my case, I would request Hecate or my Spiritual Bloodline to try and contact that spirit, using their spirit box i used to house them. If it was appropriate, they would indicate so and I would then go about working with the deceased in question. Maybe try some divination. It is overall a difficult topic to answer for any particular spirit without some groundwork. This might be overly personal, so i'd understand if you couldn't reply, was this a lover or partner? Or friend and family member? It does affect advice.

Hopefully that helps in some manner, and I feel sorry for your loss.

Addendum: from a summary of The Odyssey about the mythological depiction of shades, which gives a good idea to how the classical period saw the dark dead.
Odysseus travels to the Underworld and makes the offerings according to Circe's instructions. The shades of the dead gather to drink the blood and then talk to Odysseus.

The first shade is Elpenor, freshly fallen from Circe's roof. Odysseus's eyes bug out when he sees one of his crew members—he weeps and listens to the man's story.

Elpenor begs for Odysseus to honor his death by building a burial mound (essentially a pile of rocks) for his dead body. Odysseus agrees, since it's the least he can do after totally having failed to notice that one of his crew members was missing.

Odysseus then glimpses his mother's shade among the rest of the dead. This is news to him, since last he heard she was still alive. Not a good way to find out.

Fortunately, he is soon distracted from his weeping by the arrival of Teiresias (the dead blind prophet).

Teiresias drinks the blood of Odysseus's sacrifice and then speaks.

His first words are a warning: don't eat Helios's cattle at Thrinakia. His next words are to casually announce that Odysseus will survive his journey alone.

In other words, all of his companions will die. Great, that's probably something they're glad to hear.

The good news is, Odysseus will make it home after all, but he'll find trouble there. He'll have to make the suitors pay for their insolence with … wait for it … blood.

After defeating the suitors, Teiresias continues, Odysseus had better go inland until he reaches an area of earth which has never known the sea. There, he has to pray to Poseidon in order to ensure himself a peaceful seaborne death in his old age, surrounded by all his folk.

Okay, that's great, says Odysseus; but why is his mother here, and can he talk to her?

Sure, says Teiresias, as long as she drinks the blood of the sacrifice, too.

One gory mess later, Odysseus's mother Antikleia tells him of the situation back home in Ithaka: Telemachos is growing up but helpless against the suitors; Penelope is still loyal; and, oh yeah, she herself has died from loneliness.

Her son tries three times to embrace her, but this doesn't work out too well, since Antikleia is dead.

When she leaves, there's a long line of other dead people waiting to talk to him. The shades don't get too many visitors around these parts.

Odysseus has to draw his sword to hold them back.
(admin approved link)

Magician2685
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Magician2685 »

Sypheara, I guess you could say that she was a lover. Well, I fell in love with her when I saw her and I could tell by her looking into my eyes that she loved me back no doubt at all. She would give me hints to ask her out. I was gonna make a move but before I did she fell off of a motorcycle and was ran over by a car. That was in 2007 and im still heartbroken. My love for her doesn't fade though, it grows stronger as time goes by. One time I was in my room thinking about her jamming a love song and it was like I felt overwhelming love for her and I couldn't stop crying. I then heard someone upstairs over my room walking around in high heels but noone was home. I was the only one home. I think about her everyday. I call to her sometimes at night hoping she's by my side and can hear me.

I visit her grave regularly. I took an app called an Echovox to her grave. It's supposed to be a ghostbox. I asked questions but it was like at least 6-10 voices talking through it that I couldn't make out what anyone was saying. I know I have spirits follow me around because there are a lot of times when I should've been dead but miraculously I escaped. Plus I have heard voices talk to me clear as day when noone was around and hear footsteps and presences when noone is around. It's been like that since I was about 12.

It She's still the most beautiful woman i've ever seen and I am still single. Just typing this makes me have to stop myself from tearing up. I just don't know what to do.

You could say that the reason i've gotten so far into occult studies is because subconciously I want to contact her. If she wouldn't have died then I don't know if I would've gone this far in the occult. Did it happen for a reason? Did she and I know each other in a past life? Until I contact her I don't know if there can be closure in that chapter in my life.......

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

That is really rough, incredibly sorry for your loss. Im out and about on my tablet, so I cant type a long reply. Ill post another time or edit this one when im able, just wanted to acknowledge your reply as that would have been difficult to share for me if I was in your position.

Ill give it some serious thought tonight and see if I can recommend anything beyond whats been suggested. I honestly would seek a medium first however like rose Its something that needs dealing with for sure as it sounds like its greatly affecting you.

Hopefully some other advice will surface here as well.
(admin approved link)

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

My studies name shades as a common event in everyones death. Many systems believe in individuals having multiple bodies. When we die in the physical it starts the process of all the bodies 'dying' in turn. Though there are many names, degrees of seperation and functional assignments to the bodies, I will name them as I know them most common.

Physical
Etheric
Astral.... these are the common lower three.

There is often higher body seperations but I'm not going into them. A common anaolgy of the slow cascade of deaths is the sheding of layers of an onion.

After the physical death there can be a time of etheric activity. This might be where death visions and dream cameos take effect right after a death. The etheric is the closest energy level to the physical and has the highest chance for interaction, almost poltergeist. I concider an entity a ghost if they still occupy their etheric and/or astral body. Once the spirit sheds the astral, I concider that which was disgarded as the shade. This semi-intelligent shell retains some of the personality, memories, addictions, etc of rescently deseased. The ghost and the shade may be hard to differentiate. The only defining difference would be the slow disintegration of the shade in mind and body. Whereas the 'actual ghost' would still be carrying the vitalizing force.

Those who die violent deaths or emotionally charged ones may leave a more noticeable shades behind. Spirits escalate quicker through the bodies in such uncomfortable cases. The charged trama imprint can set up the common 'repeat act ghost'.

I don't mention the higher bodies because it seems after the astral body shedding, contact with the physical is almost nil.

This is all my opinion with nothing to back it up.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Did it happen for a reason?

Did she and I know each other in a past life?

Until I contact her I don't know if there can be closure in that chapter in my life.......
Everything happens for a reason whether we know what the reason is or not. I'm not trying to be cruel but the reason could be as simple as 'it was her time'.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you knew each other in a past life or not. I believe that the people we are closest to travel through our lives with us - a core grouping. This is the life that you are living right now. This is the life that matters today.

What do you hope to get from contacting her? What would set your heart to peace?

Again - I am not trying to be cruel but I have to ask this: Are you aware that you could be what is holding her tied to this earthly realm? If you are unable to let go of her - she may end up stuck here. As time passes and you move on and eventually die - she could morph and twist into something that no longer resembles her at all. Loneliness. bitterness, anger, being stuck and the person that kept us here moving on or passing themselves can create the Hungry Dead. You really don't want to do that to her, do you?

If she's around you - I encourage you to find a medium. You can have your contact, your last talk, etc and then the medium can help her move on. It's the kindest thing that you could do for your love.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

I have thought about this long and hard both last night and this morning.

I was thinking of posting something similar however to what RedRose said, and there isn't much for me to add.

Echovox is not a particularly reliable tool for numerous reasons, and even a correctly working mechanical ghost box if, if it has spirits talking through it, could be easily crowded in a cemetery. It is unlikely you will be able to contact her using such a device, and using one at home is not advised.

Spirits come in different shapes and sizes. Dead human beings that have not crossed may try and protect you in the short term, but the longer they stay and do not cross will as rose said cause them to slowly change over time. I think it is more likely your own guardian spirit was keeping you safe, or something else, other than this girl but that is just my own personal opinion. I could be wrong.

While it is more than possible she was the spirit you heard walking about due to the strong connection you feel, its also important to know that if you are hearing voices etc,there could be others with agendas of their own. Again, id advise caution here. I would not jump to conclusions and say that it is her. The trauma caused by her death to you could have attracted others to you.

The best thing you can do is if she is indeed about and your feelings of that are correct and not purely psychological, the best thing and most loving thing you can do is to help her cross and then life your life to the full.

This is not a final goodbye necessarily, have had it that once crossed, some spirits are able to 'visit', without the same kind of aura attached to the dark dead. However you need to accept that you cannot be with her, as you would have been able to if she is alive, and that limiting yourself to not moving on is to prolong the pain and damage.

The questions rose asked are important before you go about trying to contact her. If you cannot find a medium, there are methods of doing it yourself If you deem it absolutely necessary. If you cannot find a reputable medium, it is something you could pursue as long as its done carefully.

PS: Manofsands is not too far off with his description and it will suffice as a very basic model.
(admin approved link)

Return to “Witchcraft”