Magic for Hearth & Home

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Magic for Hearth & Home

Post by RoseRed »

There's a lot of discussion here about Chaos or Ceremonial Magick. How about something a little closer to home?

Real life has been chaotic and insane for going a year now. Some of you guys are aware that I moved home to take care of my Mother during her cancer ordeal. There's one more big move coming up when this house sells. I find myself longing for simpler times. I love having a happy and loving home. I was hoping that we could talk about some of the things we do to keep our homes running smoothly - whether mundane or magical.

I've posted this on a couple other forums and so far the conversations have been great - they've ranged from Guardian Statues at the gate or door to kitchen witchery (including sigils written in mustard on ham sandwiches) to hearth stones.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Magic for Hearth & Home

Post by manonthepath »

Quiet time for simple meditation helps me through tough times. I have a large cauldron I fire up outside near my shrine to Diana in the evening. I burn a variety of incense for affect. Usually a few quiet visitors appear out of the night to liven things up such as a fox or two and my bats are always around. I'll do my Taiqi form or some light Kungfu, or even a tribal dance. I'll usually intersperse this stuff with some stealthy stalking around my land to deal with my PTSD. I really dig my alone time.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Guardian statues are a good idea, especially if a thought-form can be attached to them.

Having an altar is also really good as it invites the presence of the deity. That will deter a lot of negative things and help bring in a more positive flow of energy thru the vortex of the deity's presence.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

I find that singing is the best way to raise energy, and help strengthen the aura of the self and home. Its really simple.. and can be about anything, the emotional release when directed can be quite useful.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

All of the above and a protective web made of thoughts,memories,dreams and family energies.

I have various altars and accoutrments and several 'house guests' who watch over us all.

The hearth is the heart of the home and mine is sometimes loud,always colourful and mostly comforting.

We art a lot, and the artwork is charged with our energies and placed all round the home too,as living links with the family members and connections to the web,which will work from a distance also.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

If I had a bigger home I would also do some more in regards to that. Currently I try to keep housework as some sort of ritual to give it a more interesting touch. You know this kind of trance-like state when you wash the dishes? Perfect to use for some daydreaming or even charging sigils if you want or just to honor your own house guests. I have a little altar to for guests and therelikes.

Singing is a wonderful way to relaese some tention and make home really a home. [yay]
bye bye

Return to “Witchcraft”