homemade holy water

Lothbrook
Forum Member
Forum Member

homemade holy water

Post by Lothbrook »

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to make my own holy water to clense my altar with?

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: homemade holy water

Post by Ramscha »

Lothbrook wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for me to make my own holy water to clense my altar with?
What is "holy" for you? What is your background?

This would make it a lot easier to help then to simply say "this is how I do it" because my background is most likely focused on another definition of "holy" then yours.

Ramscha
bye bye

Lothbrook
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lothbrook »

I understand wht you mean, but I am interested on your background and how you would do it as well. I have a lot of christian beliefs and me st of my family is christian with a few catholic. On belief.net tho it says that my beliefs match Hindu which suprised me so not sure if that matters.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Oh don't worry, Christianity is close to the hindu and buddhism. New testament that is. Some would call this christian agnosticism, but I call it christianity as it should be.

Lothbrook
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lothbrook »

oh wow I never knew that, I am planning on looking more into Hinduism soon, the little bit I read about it on the site was almost word for word what I believe.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

You can google 'how to make holy water'. The Church rituals are posted all over the internet. Do you believe that you have the power of a priest to transform salt, water and flame into something holy?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

Lothbrook wrote:I understand wht you mean, but I am interested on your background and how you would do it as well. I have a lot of christian beliefs and me st of my family is christian with a few catholic. On belief.net tho it says that my beliefs match Hindu which suprised me so not sure if that matters.
If you are a christian you will most likely go with what was already posted in masses all over the internet. Rose is right, you will find a lot of that stuff in chrisitian related homepages. I don't really care myself what a homepages says about the things which comes close to what I have to believe in. It is still me who dictates what I follow, not a website.

Well then, there would be many possibilities from my point of view depending on the purpose for which you would need it.
I don't like defining my system, but I guess "Khaotic heathen" comes the closest...
You may not like some of this stuff, but I will still write it down to give you an impression:

1) "Pure" water of the night which I like to use for rituals performed in the dark. Simply collect some water from a nearby natural water source when you have a full moon.

2) "Sacrifice" water I use when I want to give a sacrifice to the gods of water and Sea, Ran, Nerthus, the Udines, etc.
I prefer giving some salt into it, let it stay for some time to dissolve and then give the sacrifice into it, whatever that might be

3) Blood water when I work with blood lines, Jotuns or "female" related powers. I either use animal blood (try to get it as fresh as possible from the butcher on the same day of the performance) or menstruation but this only very rarely and mostly in groups when we have a "donor".

Just an insight what one can do, you can in fact use everything which fits in your system, any symbol, any gesture, any time and any day and place.
Just as always: If you do something, consider the consequences!

Ramscha
bye bye

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

As Ramscha says they are some good ideas. My own method is as follows:

-Depending on the timing of the moon makes for different kinds of waters, but getting water from a running natural water source that is clean as possibleunder the full moon works.

-This water is then boiled, usually with the addition of salt, or if working with the dead or something salt is not applicable for use with, pepper. To this other herbs can be added regarding on what fully effect you want the final preparation to have.

- A small saying over it, asking for the spirits to imbue it with their vital force under Hecates guidance and thanking them for their own contribution whilst its stirred in an anticlockwise manner.

-Bottle it.

This works for me, and with a bit of variance can make many types of holy water for banishment empowerment etc.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Go and get it at a church.

I'm an ordained minister and the ritual for holy water is long and boring. The smartest thing is to get somebody else to do it for you.

Return to “Witchcraft”