Classical Familiars

findingtruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Classical Familiars

Post by findingtruth »

Let me start by apologizing if I did not post this in the right area.
So I am still learning about Familiars and am looking for some books you all would recommend on the subject.

My extremely basic, and likely flawed, understanding of classic Familiars is that they are astral entities that manifest in animals and/or animals that help you with your magickal endeavors such as making you aware of ill will directed at you.

This next part is just something I was daydreaming about and don't know if there's any actual reality in it. I would like to have several, specifically wild animal, Familiars that aid me in things such as spells. For example having a bird like a crow or raven to help me collect or find herbs in the woods.

I also read a couple excerpts on here about how you can "soul travel" on an animal - this meaning that you can use an animal to travel somewhere and you can see a situation through their eyes if that makes sense. I believe the terminology is skinwalking?

So I'm basically looking for any documents regarding Classical Familiars and even thought forms/servitors and skinwalking. Any experiences or clarifications on these things would be helpful as well.

Thanks all!

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Classical Familiars

Post by CCoburn »

findingtruth wrote: I also read a couple excerpts on here about how you can "soul travel" on an animal - this meaning that you can use an animal to travel somewhere and you can see a situation through their eyes if that makes sense. I believe the terminology is skinwalking?
hello findingtruth,

I used to talk to a guy in the AOL Metaphysics chat room a few years back(when it was a decent room). He wasnt your average chat room guy, and i know there are a lot of charlatans out there, especially online, but he seemed fairly legit, and he was very intelligent. Anyways, he used to talk of things such as having contact with ETs through expanded consciousness, the higher self, and the 5th dimension, and all things of the sort, and a few others...so to the point. I dont remember the context, but once he just asked me if i had ever merged consciousness with my cat. This is the same as what you are referring to, and I suspect he had done it, or something similar. I have not and never tried. But I would wager that he used some serious meditation techniques to accomplish this, I also remember he said he was a Hermeticist, whatever that lends.

Sounds like something the native american mystics would employ, as i think skinwalker is a native american word also.

its a tall order, sorry i dont have any first hand experience.

Good luck!

P.S. I remember the guy was big on "The Keys of Enoch" as well.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

findingtruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by findingtruth »

Thanks for the reply! I'm currently trying to work through Bardon's book on Hermetics so maybe that will lend some insight in the end. I have a Norse shamanism book but I don't know any good ones for Native American shamanism. One more thing I need to look into and hope someone on here has a couple good recommendations. I like running titles by members on here as I don't want to spend the money only to find out later it was pointless.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Spida wrote:
findingtruth wrote: I also read a couple excerpts on here about how you can "soul travel" on an animal - this meaning that you can use an animal to travel somewhere and you can see a situation through their eyes if that makes sense. I believe the terminology is skinwalking?
hello findingtruth,

I used to talk to a guy in the AOL Metaphysics chat room a few years back(when it was a decent room). He wasnt your average chat room guy, and i know there are a lot of charlatans out there, especially online, but he seemed fairly legit, and he was very intelligent. Anyways, he used to talk of things such as having contact with ETs through expanded consciousness, the higher self, and the 5th dimension, and all things of the sort, and a few others...so to the point. I dont remember the context, but once he just asked me if i had ever merged consciousness with my cat. This is the same as what you are referring to, and I suspect he had done it, or something similar. I have not and never tried. But I would wager that he used some serious meditation techniques to accomplish this, I also remember he said he was a Hermeticist, whatever that lends.

Sounds like something the native american mystics would employ, as i think skinwalker is a native american word also.

its a tall order, sorry i dont have any first hand experience.

Good luck!

P.S. I remember the guy was big on "The Keys of Enoch" as well.
I have apache in my blood, also mostly a mix of texan, american, mexican/latin and european.

Yeah I know I'm a "mudblood" mut... :/
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

findingtruth wrote:Let me start by apologizing if I did not post this in the right area.
So I am still learning about Familiars and am looking for some books you all would recommend on the subject.

My extremely basic, and likely flawed, understanding of classic Familiars is that they are astral entities that manifest in animals and/or animals that help you with your magickal endeavors such as making you aware of ill will directed at you.

This next part is just something I was daydreaming about and don't know if there's any actual reality in it. I would like to have several, specifically wild animal, Familiars that aid me in things such as spells. For example having a bird like a crow or raven to help me collect or find herbs in the woods.

I also read a couple excerpts on here about how you can "soul travel" on an animal - this meaning that you can use an animal to travel somewhere and you can see a situation through their eyes if that makes sense. I believe the terminology is skinwalking?

So I'm basically looking for any documents regarding Classical Familiars and even thought forms/servitors and skinwalking. Any experiences or clarifications on these things would be helpful as well.

Thanks all!
I have a pet cat who I share a telempathic connection with; I usually guide him home with a unified collection of sensory illusions: via the five senses. ~

But how do I go about developing/crafting, invoking, or summoning a "familiar"?

Do I learn to master the art of lucid dreaming; have one and some how remember to utilize greg braden's knowlegde of specialized prayer for communicating with the morphic fields of resonance that "wills" the higs boson matrix field of collective meaningful memories to form a specific dream character that I can then prgram it to become summoned through the transportation of my intention? And then create a psi ball through the process of unifying thought and emotin with my chi/ki(or)qi/psi(or)psy/prana/electro-magnetic fields? And then summoning my lucid dream "character's spirit" into the psi ball?

And then evolve the psi ball into a servitor and then evolve the servitor into an actual spirit by channeling the energy of people's 5th chakra and focusing that energy towards my servitor so that I can teach it how to posses a living weak minded creature or one that is familiar to me?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Return to “Witchcraft”