Vinegar and Alcohol

zbrm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Vinegar and Alcohol

Post by zbrm »

I need to know how to make vinegar and alcohol. The problem being, both are similar creation process.

I'd like to know if any have a good recipe for vinegar and ethanol.

I'm making ethanol out of sugar, water and market dry yeast right now.
If I take too long, it'll be vinegar, and I don't want that. I don't need to be drinkable, but I need alcohol in it for oils and such.

I'm not making wine or beer, or moonshine or anything used for being drunk.

Can anyone help me with recipes? I thank you, for my English isn't that good.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Vinegar and Alcohol

Post by Desecrated »

it's illegal to make in some countries so you would have to find a source yourself.
We can't link any information to you.

zbrm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zbrm »

Desecrated wrote:it's illegal to make in some countries so you would have to find a source yourself.
We can't link any information to you.
Any country with unrestricted intenet, information is not illegal.
Obtaining a liscense is also easy in most countries for making ethanol.

Let us use hypothetical and say we are making wine instead. A perfectly legal process in any country with internet.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Let us use hypothetical and say we are making wine instead. A perfectly legal process in any country with internet.
Note from Admin:

Let us not.

In the UK, where the forum is registered, it is not legal to home distil spirit alcohol and licenses are very difficult to procure, this is even more so since the ramp up in hospitalisations and deaths from the sale of illegally manufactured black market alcohol and all the government hysteria regarding terrorist cells.

HMRC simply will not issue a licence, without registered premises and a well defined submitted plan of equipment held/ used and comprehensive production method outlines and so on.

(I just checked HMRC legalities, in case anyone is wondering.)

You can find wine making information yourself, according to your own post, quoted above. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

zbrm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zbrm »

Nahemah wrote:

Note from Admin:

Let us not.

In the UK, where the forum is registered, it is not legal to home distil spirit alcohol and licenses are very difficult to procure, this is even more so since the ramp up in hospitalisations and deaths from the sale of illegally manufactured black market alcohol and all the government hysteria regarding terrorist cells.

HMRC simply will not issue a licence, without registered premises and a well defined submitted plan of equipment held/ used and comprehensive production method outlines and so on.

(I just checked HMRC legalities, in case anyone is wondering.)

You can find wine making information yourself, according to your own post, quoted above. [thumbup]

Distilling part is the only thing to be illegal. You do not need to distill to make alcohol, and you do not need a still for it.

For being admin, you are quite insistent on being a very mean person to your forum people.

If I wanted to be insulted, I would go back at primary school.
If I had the information, I wouldn't be here.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

We are a moderated site and part of my job here is to advise on the legality of posting issues.

There are some subjects we can discuss safely and others where it is not advisable to do so.

I posted the legal situation regarding the UK as it is where we are based and you are incorrect in asserting that licences are easily obtained in most countries. To distil requires a licence, but licences are not given to non commercially registered people here.

There have been prosecutions as people have been using distillation methods to make bio fuels and other substances as well as illegal and often dangerous alcohols.

That is all.

Now, that being said, it is easy to accuse staff like this and easy to direct your rudeness at me for refuting your behaviour, however, it is not acceptable on this site to behave as you have done so far.

You are welcome to be here, but you should reread the posting rules you agreed to upon signing up for the forum.

Staff are not here to be popular, we are here to ensure that the site remains online [legality issues] and that members observe the rules, as well as advising on any technical or posting issues that may arise.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

If you need ethanol, you'll probably have better luck looking at local chemistry shops.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

zbrm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zbrm »

cyberdemon wrote:If you need ethanol, you'll probably have better luck looking at local chemistry shops.
I have an need for explicit home made. Cooking alcohol is cheap and easy here for finding at market.
The point is, needed alcohol is what I get. It doesn't need pureness or high amount. It needs home make.

(3 day of my jar alcohol. Yeast ferments nice and leaves beer smell. Hope for it doesn't turn from vinegar. Astrological signs match for places needed to good results.)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Brewing is legal for beers and wines, but that information is easily available online.

I do think there has been misunderstanding here and some is on my part.

zbrm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zbrm »

Nahemah wrote:Brewing is legal for beers and wines, but that information is easily available online.

I do think there has been misunderstanding here and some is on my part.

I know, but so many recipes and variations and sciences that I not yet understand right. The big need is fixing from vinegar and alcohol. Vinegar can be unwanted sometimes, wanted sometimes. This time it be unwanted, but I still need it for future cooking.

I just need better science understanding think. When do I stop alcohol turning acid? It is such hard to find simple info. I am sorry misunderstanding happens.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I am sorry misunderstanding happens.
Me too.

zbrm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zbrm »

I did reading and this I found;
Whisky and moonshine is distilled any kind of alcohol.
Wine and beer are alcohol is not distilled.
Ethanol is "drinking alcohol" by most cultures. Its fuel at American countries. Basically anything.
"Unaged whiskey is 'moonshine'." from reddit writer.

Such is a way to think as: Berries + Ferment = Wine >-Distill-= Moonshine >-Age in wood-= Whisky.
Any step can consider for ethanol.

I guess for reading more and research, it makes sense. Whisky gets flavours from barrel, and because distilled, loses content of alcohol. Moonshine not ages and evaporates, so I can be stronger.
Semantics? Is the word right. I guess difference are vary.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

zbrm wrote:When do I stop alcohol turning acid? It is such hard to find simple info.
Chemistry is absolutely dependent on the amount of substances being used. You might want to look up titration. A solution of known concentration is used to determine the concentration of an unknown solution. Typically, the titrant (the known solution) is added from a buret to a known quantity of the analyte (the unknown solution) until the reaction is complete.

If you use a coloured indicator solution (eg. phenolpthalein), you'll get your answer using basic chemistry-mathematics.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Return to “Witchcraft”