Help with a spell

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Help with a spell

Post by szone »

Years ago, I had come across a destiny changing spell. Forgotten the exact procedure. It was something like writing our life's problems on a piece of paper and putting it into a bottle of vinegar. The transmutative properties of vinegar would change the negative into positive. Does anyone here know exact procedure?

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Help with a spell

Post by fraterai »

It sounds very, very much like a typical hoodoo "jar" spell (really these come from "bottle spells" which have been used everywhere from england to japan and of course the new world), but vinegar is usually used for "baneful" magic, such as to "sour" a relationship between two people. To make something better, honey (or historically, anything sweet from sugar or gum to jam, honey just got popular through internet) is usually used to make things better or "sweeter". Your "petition paper" (made in various ways in hoodoo, but usually on a brown piece of paper hand torn on all four sides) is placed inside the jar, and maybe candles are lit on top of it. If it was not a hoodoo spell you can see the similarities between other system's spells of this order. This should be enough to search and come up with your own version (which will probably work just fine or maybe even better!) of this type of spell. Feel free to ask any more questions
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

fraterai wrote:It sounds very, very much like a typical hoodoo "jar" spell (really these come from "bottle spells" which have been used everywhere from england to japan and of course the new world), but vinegar is usually used for "baneful" magic, such as to "sour" a relationship between two people. To make something better, honey (or historically, anything sweet from sugar or gum to jam, honey just got popular through internet) is usually used to make things better or "sweeter".

But consider 'Four Theives Vinegar' which protects from disease and cleanses the home. Vinegar at it's essence is just a menstruum which 'dissolves' things. It can dissolve negative or positive energy, depending on the intent. Basically, the beginning of Bardon's "fluid condenser".

Other than that, I don't have much practical experience with 'jar' spells.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Can't remember where Bardon used vinegar, was almost always Camomile tea, but I may be wrong. Thanks for sharing I have never heard of that specific spell. Jar spells are fun and by their very nature you can incorporate everything you've ever learned about magic from water to stones and herbs, up to candle magic or ritual chargings, etc. Thanks again Corvidus and I agree that an "alchemical" view of vinegar is much deeper than just its sourness, but that's the beauty of the minimalist sympathetic magic :P
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Bardon's fluid condenser is just herbs in a menstrum, usually water. The concept though has various adaptations.

You can substitute alcohol, vinegar and etc as the menstruum.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by szone »

Thanks for very helpful hints! Didn't know it's called Jar/Bottle spell. Will surely search for it!

Return to “Witchcraft”