Seeking forgiveness

Religious rules and laws, structures and ontologies.

Calicifer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Seeking forgiveness

Post by Calicifer »

Hello,

There was a question which was bothering me, but first little about the background of the issue. I was thinking how forgiveness is a center-stone of Christian dogma. How they encourage to seek for it, to feel guilty even for something completely natural, how they try to convince that you are inherently evil and etc etc. The point is that they seek to force you feel inadequate before their spirit world. Be submissive and ignorant. As you can tell, I'm fierce opponent of Christianity on intellectual level.

Despite all that, they do hold certain spiritual power and is not all just smoke and mirrors. I do view Jesus as an opportunistic bastard who put himself in a place of a God. Which might not be anything problematic with it, but the issue is that Christians old and proven technique is to try and steal the God. They pretend that they are with the God while being to show nothing more than a "simple" God's power. Due to this, I spit on their belief system and consider it as bunch of lies. An attempt to steal spirituality from everybody else is something which crosses the line between viewing them distasteful like LaVeyan Satanism to outright belief that we should wage war upon them.

I told you my own views on this matter according forgivness. I do not belief it can be given. It is like selling your soul to the devil. It is all methaporical and works essentially on convincing you that it is true. In the same way, forgiving sins cannot be done. It can be a pretty abstract, but it is impossible to do.

The thing is, our actions on this earth color our spirits. Spirit in part is a reflection of who we are on this earth in the same way as spirit in the other world is an reflection of who we are here on earth. If I become a murderer, the thing is that I will do nothing which would be "unforgivable". The grave implications of this is coming not from some arbitary right or wrong, but from subtle interactions. Your actions will define who you are. If you murdered someone with no joy out of necessity, it is meaningless in spiritual world. I do think you will agree that putting an animal out of the misery is not the same as killing it for giggles. Same stands with a human. If I kill hundreds of humans in order to end their suffering, it will mean nothing. I won't be the same as some serial murder who popped out few. (If you are struggling to imagine situation like that, think about prior modern conflicts where armies would clash in massed engagements. Back then there wasn't attached medical personal and soldiers will often be left to die slowly and painfully in huge numbers)

On the other hand, if you murdered someone because you enjoy doing that or due other, spiritually significant issues, it will change your character, of who you are. Same will happen to your soul. It is merely a reflection of who you are, you will become a murderer and will start radiating this information to everybody around you. In return you will naturally be drawn to entities and places who have similar traits as you. Thus, it is either hell or heaven if we want to oversimplify it for the clarity of the matter.

So, I want to ask you how do you see forgiveness on the spiritual level. For me, it is impossibility. It is who you are and in order to "repent" you need to become a different person. To let soul to be nurtured for an extended period of time in order to be "saved".

I also want to ask how pagans and other spiritual groups view this question. I actually found this issue to be absent from all, but idiotic Abrahamic religions. Is it I who is ignorant or it is just Abrahamic religions again creating the stuff up to lure more masses into its fold?

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Seeking forgiveness

Post by inMalkuth »

It isnt a question of whether a person can find redemption for a sin in the eyes of spirit. I agree that one should not deliberately harm for pleasure or for pursuit of luxury. Even in the need for survival I think it might be a bad idea (but I will talk about this in my next post).

It is about us forgiving them. It is about living in grace of charity of good will and not in anger and resentment-filled grudge bearing. It is about carrying this blackness around inside of you that will color your future interactions with other beings and things. Fear and sorrow should never be a motivator for living a joyful, peaceful life. It is harmful to our present. Also, by teaching us to forgive, we allow the criminal to reform and give them an opportunity to prove that they can still be of service to themselves and to the rest of us. They will always have to live with what they did and why, and that is a pretty severe punishment in itself (unless of course, they have no remorse, in which case we lock them up or put them to death).

Return to “Theologies”