Pope Francis wants to change the Lords prayer

Religious rules and laws, structures and ontologies.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Pope Francis wants to change the Lords prayer

Post by neofight »

found it rather shocking to hear that the current Pope wanted to alter the words "Lead us not into temptation" what he wanted to change it into isn't so strange, because it doesn't alter the idea that God Himself leads us into temptation- its the idea that the pope doesn't think that God does this. Its such a fundamental idea for gnostics and jews that God is the single source for all things, and that God Himself is responsible for our trials. Rather heretical and revolutionary of the pope I think.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Pope Francis wants to change the Lords prayer

Post by chowderpope »

is this the same pope who said anal sex is cool for kids to snap on their instagrams and facebooks while smoking marijuana and listening to rock music?
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

So what's new? Never seen a man masturbate to some printed material before? Well he is a grown man, and grown men have needs.. I'm more surprised he squeezed out only one line. I would have expected to see more, considering all those years of celibacy, he should have been loaded with.. ideas. I'm guessing he's been relieving him self secretly in some other ways we're better off not knowing about.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

After thinking of it, I might have sounded a bit too disrespectful, I apologise. I should try to be more tolerant of some other ways. I just get triggered sometimes by some notions, and tunes related to some specific "pantheons".
My bad, don't mind me.

Jastiv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jastiv »

I haven't been keeping abreast with the Catholic changes. (other than the obvious changes due to the new virus) but I'm curious what he wanted to change the prayer to. I know the old "I am not worthy to receive you." was changed to "I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof. It made it go from awful to well, not so bad. It still doesn't fix fundamental issues with Catholicism, but at least it makes it better.

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

It all depends on what he really calls "God".

That aside, in the Greek (original) the wording is "deliver us from the evil one" (ala risei mas apo tou poniru- doesn't support Greek font), so there is no issue in the prayer itself, but how the Catholic religious authorities altered it.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Omnicentrik wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:20 pm It all depends on what he really calls "God".
Seems like the default meaning of "God" is the personal type, in lieu of a primordial consciousness, conceptual, or creator type God.

I've always felt that my interpretation of God was not of the personal type, and not open for mundane communication, although I'm not so sure of that as of late - which is another story.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Theologies”