Looking for book recommendations on the history of Hell

Religious rules and laws, structures and ontologies.

lux_huxley
Forum Member
Forum Member

Looking for book recommendations on the history of Hell

Post by lux_huxley »

Good afternoon everyone,

I have always found the topics of Hell and demons to be very interesting. I would like to research further into these topics by purchasing some books that contain detailed accounts of the history of Hell and its inhabitants. Specifically would like to read about topics such as the princes of Hell, the fall of Lucifer and how he came to power, etc.... I am having trouble finding books that contain this information. I could always go back to the Bible and read through that but I would really like to read something more academic/unbiased.

I don't want to call it "hell mythology" (as this implies it is fiction) but I cannot think of a better term to describe what I am overall looking to research.

Any resources or books would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Lux

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Looking for book recommendations on the history of Hell

Post by Amor »

It may be of use to distinguish the underworld (inside the planet) from the lower astral subplanes.

Lucifer is a religious import from Sumer where we find the prince of peace and the prince of darkness. Periodically the war in the heavens resulted in a new occupying force taking over this planet

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

Jake Stratton Kent may be an author you would enjoy.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

""The Atlanteans were infuriated with the incorporation of Reptilian DNA in humans and believed that the experiment was not working anyway. They decided to launch an all-out attack on Lemuria to get rid of the Reptilians once and for all. Swerdlow tells us that they bombarded the continent with electromagnetic pulse weapons that caused the bulk of Lemuria to sink beneath the ocean, now called the Pacific, which is ironic since “pacific” means peaceful. Lemuria went down about fifty thousand years ago and partially slipped beneath the North American tectonic plate. The Reptilians retreated to deep, underground cavernous areas, primarily under Tibet and the Indian subcontinent, and Antarctica, which was then on the equator and subtropical. Swerdlow says, “This began the legends of hell and demonic entities underneath the Earth. To the Atlantean human beings, the Reptilians were demonic entities. This is where the legend of hell originated.”

Alien World Order by Len Kasten

Religions like hell

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

I was reading Chaos Protocols, read this quote and though to share:

"For centuries, the devil has fulfilled the role of the trickster in the western tradition. Our expectation that he is some terrifying monster determined to destroy or rule the earth is a recent, cinematic creation. In early modern Europe he was certainly unpredictable but still entirely under the control of God--just as everything else was. He was bothersome rather than evil, like a friend who drinks too much or that neighborhood cat who keeps getting into the house somehow." Pg 103

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Read Dante's Inferno, and the greek interpretations of Hades & Tartarus.

that's really all the modern cultural notion of hell is. even in the most religious circles where they believe they're following their source material.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:46 pm Read Dante's Inferno, and the greek interpretations of Hades & Tartarus.

that's really all the modern cultural notion of hell is. even in the most religious circles where they believe they're following their source material.

Apart from that specific topic. Not popular opinion, but I personally think, in general, people coming to occult grossly underestimate old myths, legends and fairy tales, and grossly overestimate books from random self-proclaimed occult guru's, as a legitimate sources of fundamental knowledge.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:16 pm Apart from that specific topic. Not popular opinion, but I personally think, in general, people coming to occult grossly underestimate old myths, legends and fairy tales, and grossly overestimate books from random self-proclaimed occult guru's, as a legitimate sources of fundamental knowledge.
i'd agree with that, yeah.

Return to “Theologies”