Nonexistence is a form of dystopia.

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Nonexistence is a form of dystopia.

Post by Caerdon »

Spida wrote:
Caerdon, I absolutely never thought of that. GD doesn't roll the dice, but he sure plays a mean pinball! [grin]
Yeah, this is actually the kind of topic I enjoy thinking and talking about [thumbup] though to be honest it's a new thought for me as well and actually came to me as I was thinking on how multiple universes would interact with eachother, both "living" and "dead", as well as the interactions with time, which can make your mind go all [crazy]
But yeah, it does make a startling amount of sense when you think on it [grin] Also, if not a pinball player, then definitely a hell of a billiards one! [cool]
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RaineAshford »

Here's something that may interest you that I just considered:

In Universe if you reach the edge of the sphere you'd see the opposite side and passing through would take you to the opposite side of Universe.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I was thinking about an oscillating time theory, for a single universe. Where the Big Bang would be the start of the pendulum swing, and the universe would expand outward until a sort of loss of momentum, and then the big crunch.

Anyways, with the multiverse paradigm, the expansion of universes into the "Bulk", might actually disturb singularities causing them to expand.

Might also be worth noting that the intense gravity at the singularity would be a cause for time to slow down or even stop maybe. With a change in force of gravity initiating time again.

This is crazy stuff [crazy]
Cheers

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Spida wrote:
I was thinking about an oscillating time theory, for a single universe. Where the Big Bang would be the start of the pendulum swing, and the universe would expand outward until a sort of loss of momentum, and then the big crunch.

Anyways, with the multiverse paradigm, the expansion of universes into the "Bulk", might actually disturb singularities causing them to expand.

Might also be worth noting that the intense gravity at the singularity would be a cause for time to slow down or even stop maybe. With a change in force of gravity initiating time again.

This is crazy stuff [crazy]
Cheers
The thing is about this is that there'd need to be a force which is completely independent and separate from time, as in it works outside of time's affect upon motion and movement. Granted, there's still not alot known about if anything does work independently away from the influence of time, though if anything does I believe gravity would fit the bill.
I'm thinking on how black holes operate, as they have intense enough gravitational fields that they stop time once you get close enough, but they still accumulated matter and operate despite time being halted and altered around it.

Ooo, another random thought that could work. As with black holes altering and warping space time around it, allowing for possible time travel due to the fabrics of time folding in upon itself, the primordial singularity which was the universe being before the big bang could have set itself off using the same principle. The universe's expansion and contraction occuring could reach back to the first mass due to the folding principle of space-time surrounding black holes, just in a more intense manner allowing the universe to essentially kick start itself not only in the past but in the future incarnations of it as well. Also, as time has no true meaning to the universe as a whole, just for the internal workings, this doesn't create any paradoxes.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

One other theory comes to mind that may operate outside of time, the Superforce theory. Which says, I believe, that at the time of the singularity, all the four fundamentals were unified, and were divided at the time of creation.

Yeah, gravity it seems would have to exist outside of time, superforce theory aside, if I remember right, because of the infinite mass creating enormous gravity, and of course, as popular belief, time and space did not exist at this time.

A few years back I thought I might find GD through theoretical physics, Superforces, gravity, QED, Unified Field, etc.
The Superforce does make an appealing conceptual GD.

Cheers

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

I think certain theories over complicate things.

The Mind always operates outside of time. This is one reason why it can be placed anywhere in Space (remember, time and space seemingly work together). When Consciousness recognizes itself for the first time, it creates a memory. More lIke a snapshot of itself... Memory exists in the past, therefore Time.

If Consciousness continues in its absolute state of Being (rather than Becoming, in which Being recognizes itself), it is Timeless.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Well said Corvidus, also, we don't have to name which theories over complicate things. Just certain ones.

perhaps one of the problems with time, is that the term is somewhat ambiguous. Like the word GD. Right now i'm thinking about time being modal. Two modes that function independently, but at the same time interact with one
another.

1) perceived time:
time as experienced through consciousness, as a "passing of moments", or memories, etc. This mode of time could virtually be brought to a stand still when you meditate and clear your mind, so that all that remains is the "I am".

2) physical time
mode of time characterized by: change, motion, movement, etc. Stillness prior to creation, then time and space.

So a duality, like body and soul. Tangible and intangible. Similar but different.

Cheers

Return to “Reason and Unreason”