The Mysteries of Death;

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Mysteries of Death;

Post by Haelos »

As promised in a previous thread somewhere, I did this little write up yesterday. I hope I didn't forget anything, and I made it legible to anyone. I haven't done enough revising, that's for sure, and it's likely you'll see this in a different form in the future.
Anyway, without anymore delay, here is an "article" I wrote detailing my subjective understanding of the after-death process.
Keep in mind when I say "subjective" in this instance, I mean that a more knowledgeable and better-writing Hermeticist out there can probably give you my same words, only better. The information given is fairly well proven and studied by initiates around the world.
I've refrained from sharing any of my personal experiences or knowledge (beyond my basic understanding), though I have a decent amount of experience that has proven these words as truth, at least to me.

The Mysteries of Death;

In this contribution, I will share with you the secrets of the Mystery of Death
in plain English for all to understand. Do not let the simplicity of my ideas
hide the inner secrets. You will be tempted to read this and glance past it without a second
thought.

These secrets have come from many sources, including, and not limited to:
The Bardo Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead)
the "Egyptian Book of the Dead"
several hundred people who have had Near-Death experiences and gone on to write about them
Franz Bardon, an adept spiritual practitioner from WWII-era who proved his
skill and wisdom to many, including his students
Shamanic practitioners who have shared stories of their visits to the otherworlds

When a human body dies, it does not mean the end of their consciousness.
As all magicians should know, the Human is composed of three key parts (with the names of these parts
differing by tradition);
The physical body;
The mental, or astral body (your mind)
and the Spirit, or soul (The "immortal" body, sometimes excluded).

All magicians should also know the influence of Life Force, Vital Energy, or Qi (Chi, Ki, Prana, etc.)
and how it relates to the human body, as well as to life in general.

At the last breath taken in the physical realm, your mental body separates from your physical body
and you fully enter into the mental plane. Your Qi follows a specific path out of your physical body,
causing all of your functions to cease.
You still retain a link to your physical body until certain key spiritual organs decay.

There are two kinds of Death;
Conscious, and Unconscious death.
These have varying phenomena after this point.

If you are conscious during your death, you will likely see your body, your gathered loved ones, and
anything else in the immediate vicinity. This is all real, and physical, but you are not of a solid form.

If you are unconscious, it is likely you will only see darkness. In reality, you will see the same
things as those who are conscious, you just won't be able to remember any of it, or act with
any sense of reason.

After a short time* the dead will come to see a light. This is the light of The Source.
It's blindingly paralyzing, and many, many, many people are afraid of it and what lies beyond.
It's not so much fear of the light as fear of the unknown (or rather, fear of the known unknowing).

(*Varying sources say different things. Most say this moment could be anywhere from articulo mortis (the moment of death),
as long as the time it takes for Rigor Mortis to set in. Anywhere from an instant to 4 weeks or more.)

If the dying person steps into this light, they will immediately incarnate into their next life
with the last thought they had in mind (thus shaping their life). You will be taken to a higher
or lower plane, as needed, for you to incarnate in.
If they are ready, they will transcend and attain Nirvana. In Nirvana, you can either dissolve your consciousness into the source, and "end" your soul incarnation, or you can choose to work with divine providence in shaping reality.
Either way, a dissolution of the consciousness occurs, and the mental body is dissolved.
Most people who die consciously take these steps into the light and pass on with no issues.
Anyone instructed in the science and art of Dying is also quite capable of passing on with ease.

More often what happens, is the dead person is too afraid to go into the light, and instead
turns to the side and witnesses what is there.
They see other dead spirits, or even their loved ones, traversing the mental plane, and they
find familiarity. They get stuck in what many call "Limbo", which in reality, is simply
the astral or mental plane.
Excessive weeping and grief from loved ones can bring the recently deceased here as well.

When a dead human lands in the astral plane, the first thing that happens is they are visited by their
ancestors, or people they would trust (sometimes this happens in the "intermediate state", where they are still enveloped by the light of The Source.) They can also meet with spiritual entities or symbols that
they looked to for guidance during life.
Generally, these people try to coax you into going with them, and offering you assurance in your path.
For most, this is all that's needed, as they have some type of religious or spiritual belief
that can coincide with such a thing happening.

Some, however, become terrified at seeing all of their dead loved ones, and flee. This usually sets
them further back on the path of dissolution.

Over time, as the physical body decays, the link attached to it separates as well. Before, the deceased
would likely hang around in a place they knew, or even around the site of their death.
After this link is fully dissolved, they are no longer what you could theoretically consider a human.
Their mental body begins the process of dissolution and decay in the same way that the physical body does.
It takes a very long time (in linear measurement), and every step is entirely painful for the person.
The Bardo Thodol states that this is the time when many demons will come to terrorize you.

Eventually, the mental body will fully decay, and you'll be left with a tired soul crying for release.
Many of these souls return to the "bridge" of the light of The Source and attempt to go beyond it, yet
no matter how hard they try or how much they Will, fear overpowers them.
(In fact, at any point a person can try to come back to this "bridge" and cross it, but most get stuck there.
I'm sure every now and again a deceased person is able to pass without help after previously being stuck.)

From what has been learned by gurus before me, when a person is stuck in the mental plane after death,
they are faced with many entities that offer spiritual progression. For this reason, the after-death experience
has been known to provide a boost to your spiritual enlightenment. It's just a matter of whether you retain the knowledge and consciousness or not.
As stated above, the first part of this process begins with the positive entities, such as loved ones and Gods, or angels, or whatever else was fancy to you in life.
This lasts for about two weeks, according to the Bardo Thodol (if my memory serves correct).
The next process, also stated above, will have the dead witnessing all manners of negative entities that will try and terrorize them, while simultaneously providing the biggest jump in spiritual growth possible in this incarnation (provided they can stand to their fear and realize that nothing can hurt them, as they've already passed "the final frontier".)

Soul Recovery;

Something I did not know is that many shamanic practitioners are dedicated to rescuing those souls who get stuck in the otherworlds. They use their trance-states to travel to these realms (often called the Middle or Lower worlds by shamans. Simply two different parts of the astral in the zone near the earth, as taught in Hermetics.)
Most of their job involves them simply listening to the last wishes of a spirit. Sometimes they need to attempt to coax the spirit beyond, sometimes they need to simply hold their hand, and nothing more.
Other times, religious dogma holds them back. For instance, I read the story of a soul-retrieval in which a man was being forced to pay a toll to board a boat crossing a river that would lead him to his final destination (The Source), yet he had no coins or money to give. The shaman, who was provided with a small shiny stone by her spirit guide, met with this man and simply offered him the stone to use as payment. He was overjoyed, was able to cross, and transcended. In this way, his own mental constructs were holding him back because of what he believed in life.
As any magician who's been there knows, the astral plane appears entirely dependent on your perceptions of it. Everything you see is altered and shaped to fit what you can understand.
This is not so in a soul recovery. In these instances, you see the astral plane from the perception of the person whom's "plane" you're inhabiting (I say this in quotes because it sort of is like a "Personal Heaven", in that your reality in your area is based only on what you know to be true at some level.)

With this information, you can see why so many yogis in the past have done their best to share with us the secret of dying and how to overcome our inabilities to face Death.
Having sat down with Him myself a few times, I can assure you there is nothing but peace, should that be your desire. The big problem is, humans are primal, and on some level, do not want peace, even after death.
It's our jobs as magicians, mystics, and spiritual practitioners of all walks of life to dedicate time to understand Death, both in the physical and scientific processes, as well as the spiritual processes that take place after most can no longer see.
Some may be called on in the future to offer guidance to a passed loved one. Others may simply need to prepare themselves for their own future.
The most important thing to remember is that you need to die *consciously*. You need to "remember yourself" at every possible stage of the process, and you need assurance and confidence in yourself and your abilities.
After death, you've already died, so what's the worst that can happen? Seriously; The worst thing known to humans happens, and you're okay?
Personally, I wouldn't take that as a sign that I'm dreaming, I'd take it as a sign that I'm Infinite.

Hopefully those who read this can see the truth behind the mystery and still retain a sense of wonder.
Even with all this information, no one really knows what is beyond that light, other than reincarnation (should that be in your path.). Personally, I think that's the big one to wonder about.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Mysteries of Death;

Post by Haelos »

I'm open to corrections to this info by any yogi or ceremonial magician with the resources to back their word up.
I think I might be missing a key step or two. I need more reading and meditation on the matter.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Thank you very much for the post Haelos [yay] .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Yes thank you. Most of what you wrote is corresponding to everything that I read so far. And you really put it all in simple words.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

ugh
what's behind the light

dammit

it's funny that this gets me feeling like "i need to die" as opposed to various random "i want to die" episodes i've had in my teenage years
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

cyberdemon wrote:ugh
what's behind the light

dammit

it's funny that this gets me feeling like "i need to die" as opposed to various random "i want to die" episodes i've had in my teenage years
You are not the only one Cyberdemon. After I came to know about what Haelos had posted I have been longing to know the Source quite a bit.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Disinfo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Disinfo »

What a great read! I really enjoyed this. Can we talk about republishing? I bet the disinfonauts will LOVE this. [devil]

Joe

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Disinfo wrote:What a great read! I really enjoyed this. Can we talk about republishing? I bet the disinfonauts will LOVE this. [devil]

Joe
Feel free to republish this anywhere you'd like; just cite Haelos Dagaz as the original author, and leave a link back to here at OF, so we can get some more members too.
You don't need to ask to use this piece anywhere else so long as the above is followed.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

I also need to double-point out that none of these ideas are my own. I simply put the cumulation of the ideas into plain English in a way that made sense to me.

Most of this information comes from highly adept gurus whom, at the moment of their own death, shared with their initiates everything they were experiencing, in great and scientific detail. The students recorded this information to pass on, eventually becoming "The Book of Coming Forth by Day" and "Bardo Thodol."
Experiences of Astral travel, mental wandering, and shamanic journeying all show tales that coincide with this information.

Even if you were to take out everything not proven by modern science, you still have some hundred plus people giving the same information after they return from having a dead body.

Any initiate who has any amount of skill and intuition can prove this information as factual from their subjective standpoint.
Like I said, these aren't my ideas. I'm no genius. Thank the many amazing and adept magicians of the past.

I'm just increasingly decent at conveying ideas.

EDIT:
Ah, yes. I've been meaning to make this point too.
The goal of a soul-guide* is to keep the person who is dying conscious for as long as possible.
First, the soul-guide* will possess the dying person using mental projection, and attempt to take them into the light themselves. I'm not sure how this works. I don't have that kind of skill.
If that doesn't work, first, they help the person die properly by keeping their body in a good position, keeping them awake and confident, and by making sure the atmosphere and everything else is good.
Then, they continually remind the person that they are going to die, and that it's safe. Constant reassurance by speaking very closely to the ear is done until they pass.
Then, they give these same instructions out loud in the room for up to two weeks, average.
Finally, and I may just be assuming some stuff at this point (because I haven't fully read my material yet), the soul-guide* would mentally travel to the the after-death plane and, again, offer their instructions.
The entire time, the point is to coax the person to remain conscious and travel confidently into the light.
Seriously, a lot the process is just "Hey, wake up, you're dead. Get ressureckt, bro." Over and over, repeatedly, until the person is actually able to follow your instruction.
This is simplified quite a large amount, as well. Do NOT ever try to use the above instructions in a death ceremony.

*A soul-guide is generally a community shaman or a trained guru who is to lead a near-death person all the way to their final destination in this incarnation.
This is a very personal, up-close process. You literally have to talk a person to and beyond their death. There are various instructions given for when a body is not present, including the summoning (evoking) the deceased person to their own home.

As I said, these are not practical instruction given here. Soul guiding is not something to be taken lightly. Either do the research and practice to be prepared, or stick to what you are guided through naturally. If you have any spirit guides, ask them to lead you on this path.
In the past it was different. More spirits are going to be assisted with a recovery rather than a guide. It's very difficult to be near each dying person in order to help them. However, when doing a soul recovery, more often than not, a spirit will pick *you* out if you both are ready. If they see you in the lower or middle world, and they know you can help, they will not hesitate to find out such. You do not choose the spirits you will guide, and you do not force them into accepting their fate.
However, it does require a bit of trickery now and again, that is for sure.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Napoli wrote:I have been longing to know the Source quite a bit.

This is like, the *entire* point of Jewish Kabbalah.
Seriously.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Haelos wrote:
Napoli wrote:I have been longing to know the Source quite a bit.

This is like, the *entire* point of Jewish Kabbalah.
Seriously.
and here's the themesong for that tv show

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 26&t=38880

moving on,
y'know what
this makes me worry about dylan thomas. after all he's the one who first said "do not go gently into that good night"

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

What of those who desire to immortal - not to be dissolved or return, but become one of these spiritual beings themselves. Self deification, essentially.
Beloved of Set

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Valar Morghulis. 8)
cyberdemon wrote:ugh
what's behind the light

dammit
[thumbup]

~:Shin:~

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Shinichi wrote:Valar Morghulis. 8) [thumbup]

~:Shin:~
valar dohaeris

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

I haven't tried astral projecting while dead. Based on the fact that a phone call will eventually draw me back though... suggests to me that my astral experience is likely in no small part leveraged from the fact that my physical body is alive. Would being dead be like being out of body? I don't have that data. I'd like to think so, but it's an unknown, and perfumed with the possibility of wishful thinking.

I have interacted with dead people, and more often dead animals. Not a lot, but 'some'. And also with myriad nonphysical beings. I have what I would consider a well traveled, very experienced, out of body presence. I lean towards the notion that if my body were destroyed, I would go on just fine... but it's just quite a leap to just assume that would be the case. no?

I have taken on an induction into death mysteries on a level deep enough that I would neither care to recommend nor care to describe.
One thing stands out. The certainties of a ideological notions crumble in the face of death's scythe falling fast upon your neck.

That's not a statement coming from a place of fear. Just that all armchair imaginings are stripped from you rather violently if you see death is upon you in a very real immediate sense. Suddenly it's not a "what if", it's a here and now visceral experience. The difference between thinking about how death works, and dying, is like the difference between playing chess, and climbing out of a landing craft on the beaches of Normandy.

But then for some reason, maybe you face death and somehow not die. And then suddenly where there were once answers, uncertainties arise. Which is fine, it is the curse of the foolish to be certain of themselves, and the curse of the wise to question themselves even when right. And any attainment of knowledge will always increase the number of questions you have rather than decrease them (a good litmus test for dogma btw).

The individual me is a part of the inifinite consciousness, as I know her through the me-ish face of infinite consciousness. And that is not mortal. But the individual life? Memories of particular sunsets, and personal preferences, hopes and dreams, nostalgic moments? The experience of individuality in any one particular existence? I fear that may be all too mortal. Even in life, while the body lives, these moments in time slip away from the individual consciousness. What was once the experience of stepping on snow becomes a footprint in the snow, and eventually becomes water and seeps away. Some part of me feels this is quite sad. But the less finite me would point out that stepping in the snow is still actively happening, you're just regarding it from another place in time. Which makes life seem more like a collection of moments, lasting, and etched into time. But that makes things a little intimidating, did i really etch into time a decade of feeling sorry for myself? Is that a sizable chunk of my contribution to infinite consciousness and infinite time? I think so. Perhaps a good reminder to bring your dreams into fruition, live boldly, and to remember to smile, probably.

It's a little ironic though isn't it? For an immortal being to have this component which is manifest within a mortal existence, wherein the mortal self strives to be immortal. Almost a comedy skit eh?

The here and now self is a leaf. I will wither and die. The tree not so much. Every leaf that ever was, IS forever a part of the tree, and though shed, it is not 'gone' per say, the tree goes on and on. But the visceral experience of being that particular individual, blowing in the wind, is quite transient. But then all experience is transient. You experience something and then the moment of experiencing it is gone. Death is just the end of a particular set of linked experiencings. Even if individuality were to end upon physical death, it's not something to be fearful of. It would be a lot more sensible to fear wasting the time that you spend while alive.

I dunno, just some meandering thoughts. Sorry if there's no cohesive point. It'd have a better structure if I had all of the subject matter completely figured out.

I did really like the OP, its a good read :)
i guess i got a little off topic. sorry :)

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

Every day we are being prepared for death. What death is the exchange of energy from one form to another. Nothing that has ever existed cannot not exist and within the power of Source, can become anything. Found all of the posts interesting. Has anyone here experienced NDE *near death experience" and exactly what does that mean? There is a spiritual "near death experience" where you lose all that you thought was real, all that you thought you where, all that you believe and all that you have any attachment to. Some call this the rebirth, but during this time some call the Dark Night of The Soul, it is death. When one speaks of death of the body and whether or not it is conscious, death of the body can only be conscious if one has not experienced rebirth. Hope that makes sense to those who read this. If one really want to experience and face their physical death, found that Shamanism really helps to experience this as death becomes guidance as to what is truly important in the physical existence. Thanks for reading.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

drakon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by drakon »

Very interesting thread, thanks for posting it. I have a few questions:

When you go into the source, can you choose what incarnation you want or is it forced on you?

I've always fantasized about being able to create my own reality after I die, where I get to choose the environment I will live in, who I will associate with, what kind of being I'll be etc. Basically a world that I pre-determine for myself. Is that possible?

And by merging into the source instead of re-incarnating, does that mean you cease to exist?

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

This was very thought provoking thank you.

I tend to take any sort of description of things that cannot seem to be known about death from a living entity with a grain of salt, but there are a lot of ideas here that spark ideas in me.

In my contemplation I have decided that we do form our afterlives in accordance to our existing lives and the decision and experiences weve gone with. I would like to believe that it is possible to move into the light for another incarnation or that we can join with the source and rest there among it, and all of the other potential things that you speak of. Personally I wont know this until I am dead. While I find it difficult for anyone to claim this knowledge I understand that it is possible to die and still be alive. I am not so certain we can merge with the source any more than we are already part of it. In any case, thank you again for your time.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

nice read, some of it seems very familiar. Thanks for bumping it up inMalkuth

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

hi all :)) i bielieve in the last 100 years because of the mians we should feel special bieng born as a human bieng.. mabby just mabby all get a fare hand shakee and mabby poor souls will be offered the chance to meek....

where some invite reality and soul ect into their home ..

i am gate keeper to the soul material things most spirituality and animals ...

sorta say hi to death.... . ..
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

What's the relationship between the 'brain/neurons' and the soul after death?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Liberator wrote:What's the relationship between the 'brain/neurons' and the soul after death?
None.
Or was that a tricky question?

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

You have been dead before, and you are here now.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Vesperium
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vesperium »

CCoburn wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:01 pm You have been dead before, and you are here now.
This is related to the previous lives phenomena, which I totally agree with :)
The best you can do to raise stars is to evolve to be as high as them - Hermes

ᛖᚷᛟ ᛊᚢᛗ ᛈᚨcᛟ -ego sum paco - I'm in peace

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

BlackOrbit666 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:56 am This is related to the previous lives phenomena, which I totally agree with :)

Well in a general sense it does seem reasonable that within an eternal context that whatever happens will again regardless of any complexity involved.

But to delve a bit deeper you get into more intricate aspects such as the precise nature of 'identity', i.e. what is it exactly that makes me what I am?

I recall once a couple decades ago while at a friendly get-together I remarked to a friend that "I was 'dead' before I was 'born'" to which he replied "you were 'nothing' before you were born" which raises the argument of whether or not being "dead" is tantamount to a state of "nothingness", perhaps temporarily anyway in which its microcosmic reflection would be akin to a 'deep sleep'; a dreamless state.

Then of course there is the phenomenon of the incorporeal lingering about postmortem which leads to a question of the duality of body and soul where some might think that the emergence(as well as existence) of a "soul" does in fact require a 'vessel'.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Reason and Unreason”