The physics behind ten dimensional space

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

Count Zero
Forum Member
Forum Member

The physics behind ten dimensional space

Post by Count Zero »

Please be aware that this is one of five different ways of explaining ten dimensional space through Superstring Theory. All five different schools of thought have since been developed into M-Theory, and an eleventh dimension has been added. This video does however explain in plain English the theories behind multi-dimensional space and alternate realities, and is definitely worth watching.
(Count) = 0
On receiving an interrupt, decrement the counter to zero.

Rayn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The physics behind ten dimensional space

Post by Rayn »

That is not an accurate explanation of a dimension. A dimension can be thought of as type of enumerable set, pretty much. When I enumerate a set of natural numbers, for example, I get one-dimension as follows n={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...}. 4 is between 3 and 5, so if I say n[4], I mean 4. We can think of that as an x dimension with an axis. I can ascribe to this another set called the y axis in such a way they intersect thus creating a Cartesian Plane. Points thus actually technically have two dimensions where the size(magnitude) is its absolute value. The video says a point has no size or dimensions. An element will always have at least one-dimension in regards to the cardinality of a set. The general idea that dimensions are different realities is kind of an abuse of the concept. Conceptually and mathematically, one can propose an infinite number of dimensions where the math works; however, the problem then becomes the empirical and experimental justification. That is the problem with String Theory, essentially. Most scientists will tell you that while mathematically interesting, it is not very valid.

Also, the issue with time going forward is not an issue with the topological properties of time itself; rather, it is thermodynamic issue. You could model dimensions of time as symmetrical and thus preserving its structure under various transformations, but the invariance when it comes the degrees of freedom things in the universe have in respect to time makes it so that structures are not preserved thereby creating asymmetrical issues in regards to the idea of linear time.

Return to “Reason and Unreason”