Baloney Detection Kit

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Baloney Detection Kit

Post by Desecrated »

I'm going to start out by saying this: I really dislike the skeptics movement.
Not only because their attitude is fucking rotten, but also because I believe that they are hypocrites and just as guilty of biases as the people they accuse of being bias.

BUT. It is important to understand how other people think and how to avoid falling into the same traps as they do, and the Baloney Detection Kit is worth looking at from that point of view. I also think that it makes a certain amount of sense and can be applied to our daily thinking (to a certain degree).

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Baloney Detection Kit

Post by violetstar »

What he failed to observe is that his sacred Science has yet to explain the fundamental questions of life and why we exist or how the human brain operates on a spiritual level.Moreso he also fails to add that many Scientists hold religious beliefs that are at odds with his analysis of bullshit.

Yes.hypocrisy in action.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I'm not going to watch the video now and risk being annoyed. Self-righteous atheists are super annoying.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:I'm not going to watch the video now and risk being annoyed. Self-righteous atheists are super annoying.
It's good to be annoyed sometimes. It's much harder to be a critical thinker when you are upset than only think critically about things that are safe.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Take emotion out of the equation as Desecrated says. Its important to watch things of competing views to avoid becoming trapped in isolated boxes. I dont personally like this movement and some of its proponents such as Dawkins but i feel it serves its purpose to challenge and tear down old establishments.

If you feel secure this should not be an issue. Reaction to something tells alot about your character and its good to introspect on.

I used to have many of these initial reactoins early on but as time passes i realise that challenging myself is important to not stagnate and helps me evaluate my position and progress.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

The Cove
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by The Cove »

"If you feel secure this should not be an issue. Reaction to something tells alot about your character and its good to introspect on."

Bacon! Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!!!

Forgot my point, but want eggs now.

Return to “Reason and Unreason”