What methods do y'all utilize to fall into a trance?

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

What methods do y'all utilize to fall into a trance?

Post by Kami »

I can't seem to find anything else as good as slow and heavy drum beats.
Last edited by Kami on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Cerber

Re: Reconnecting with: "God".

Post by Cerber »

It does seems like you are overcomplicated things. So you want an imaginary friend?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:It does seems like you are overcomplicated things. So you want an imaginary friend?
No, I use trance to break down my own defenses so that I can get in better contact with me.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Desecrated wrote:
Cerber wrote:It does seems like you are overcomplicated things. So you want an imaginary friend?
No, I use trance to break down my own defenses so that I can get in better contact with me.
I was answering another post, he changed it now to something completely unrelated.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Cerber wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
I was answering another post, he changed it now to something completely unrelated.
The reason why is because I had accidentally made an extra copy.

It wouldn't let me delete it, so I decided to edit it and make it another topic.

Sorreez bro.

Edit: I still want a good answer.
I need different techniques on falling into various trances - as it is important to my work that I can't work on until I learn how to fall into various trances.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What methods do y'all utilize to fall into a trance?

Post by Caerdon »

I'll be honest, I just kinda... fall into myself. I just hold everything within myself still and take the plunge. I've never really found it hard to do so due to the fact that I've been doing it since I was a child (which equates to a shit-tonne of practice), which makes it hard to describe a process I've been doing for most of my life [crazy]
But, perhaps the best thing to do that I can recommend, become in tune with your heartbeat, consciously slow it down, and focus on the space between beats.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

i am i say what i say where i say how i say when collects my self together but in the local area :) im always second guessing myself and healing my self i listen to music which bring as wide as the town like vibrations when it comes to spirituality i use a magic repeat rulein all conversation..

works fairly well for me....
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Anok
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anok »

Many different things are described by the term "trance." To me, at least, trance is a synonym of "altered state of consciousness." In what way do you seek to alter your consciousness? What work are you working on that requires trance? Answering these questions will let us give more useful, specific responses.

Slow, heavy drum beats such as are commonly used in "shamanic" practices work for a few reasons:

1. The noise helps prevent deep sleep, which is technically a form of trance but usually not desirable.

2. The sound attracts the sense of hearing, naturally disrupting auditory thoughts, to an extent.

3. The repetitiveness desensitizes that same auditory sense - after a little while the brain realizes there is nothing notable about the sound and tunes it out, freeing up the energies that would otherwise be directed towards hearing - the effect is similar to sensory deprivation.

4. Whenever the mind wanders, the drumming is noticed again and you land back at reason #2. Thus, the drum acts as an anchor, constantly reminding the practitioner of the task at hand.

Based on the above, you should find that staring at an object should have similar effects, using the visual sense instead of the auditory. Chanting a phrase repeatedly will also work, as well as attune your mind to whatever concept is evoked by the chant. You may also like strobe lights or "dream machines" if you are not epileptic. Rhythmic movement or dance will also work - especially very slow movement made as smoothly as you are able, as this has been shown to produce increased frontal / parietal brain activity similar to meditation. Slow, controlled breathing can be performed during any trance technique to good effect.

It is also possible to induce trance via spinning, intuitive dancing, song, and fervent prayer, although I these tend to produce a more active, ecstatic trances.

Finally, pain and other discomfort can produce trance, as can austerity such as fasting sleep deprivation, orgasm, certain drugs, and doing various things that cause one to lose consciousness such as extreme breathing practices. However, these obviously can be dangerous and I cannot recommend them.

Ultimately all forms of meditation effectively train you to enter trance at will, and any of the above methods should too, if they are used often enough. Whenever you achieve an altered state of consciousness, take some time to consider what it was like, and try entering that state without using drums of chanting or hyperventilation of whatever.

Experienced magicians learn to simply shift their mind into the desired state, unless the method of achieving that state is inherently valuable for some reason, like magical incantation of prayer. Look back at the reasons I listed for why drumming works - they are all manipulating the body / brain, tricking it into freeing the mind. Your goal should be to master your mind while simply relaxing, without wasting energy on pushing the body out of your way.
One word led me to another Word
One work led me to another Work

Return to “Reason and Unreason”