How to tell them apart

Exploring the Philosophical side of the Occult.

nessuno
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to tell them apart

Post by nessuno »

Hi there,

It's been a while the most mundane matters don't allow me to take magick seriously, but I'd like to ask u guys a question to see what u think about it.

I'd like to know how you tell apart real magick from superstition/erroneous thinking.

E.g. A) Little children and delirant individuals locked in looney bins seem to have some kind of magical thinking.
B) The Indian caste system: if an untouchable happens to touch a priest, that holy man needs to purify himself again (and the untouchable may end up being mercilessly beaten).
C) Eating the brains of a wise man after his death can make u take part of his wisdom.

This kind of thinking seems present (or was present) in many cultures and societies around the world. Why?
"Τί δύσκολον; Τὸ ἑαυτὸν γνῶναι"

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: How to tell them apart

Post by Desecrated »

nessuno wrote:Hi there,

It's been a while the most mundane matters don't allow me to take magick seriously, but I'd like to ask u guys a question to see what u think about it.

I'd like to know how you tell apart real magick from superstition/erroneous thinking.

E.g. A) Little children and delirant individuals locked in looney bins seem to have some kind of magical thinking.
B) The Indian caste system: if an untouchable happens to touch a priest, that holy man needs to purify himself again (and the untouchable may end up being mercilessly beaten).
C) Eating the brains of a wise man after his death can make u take part of his wisdom.

This kind of thinking seems present (or was present) in many cultures and societies around the world. Why?
One works, the other doesn't.

What is the difference between eating good food and eating junk food? Nothing, the function is the same, the method is the same, but the results is different.

nessuno
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nessuno »

Thanks Des. I expected something more esoteric than that, but I'm glad to receive at least one answer. Greetings from the South of some continent.
"Τί δύσκολον; Τὸ ἑαυτὸν γνῶναι"

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I agree with Des and will add that much folk magic and healing is very effective, as long as it's impregnated with intention, emotion, and willpower. So things that seem superstitious may, in fact, be effective, depending on how it's done.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:I agree with Des and will add that much folk magic and healing is very effective, as long as it's impregnated with intention, emotion, and willpower. So things that seem superstitious may, in fact, be effective, depending on how it's done.
But if it is effective, it's not superstition.

Superstition is the believe that things like mirrors and luck go hand in hand.
Magic is the belief that if you crash a mirror, you're an idiot, and now you have to take reasonability for what you've done and go buy a new one at bed,breakfast and beyond tomorrow.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

hi everyone 6 months ago on keno i chose least frequent numbers drawn day before 8 numbers $2 $2 bonus 48 draws $192 though broke even tomorow morning im betting most frequent 48 draw 2 and 2

2-7 am ill bet $192 ticket wish me luck-
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

draw results $72 moved into a hotel downtown in 73....
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Return to “Reason and Unreason”