Forum Member

Rewards of Yogic Devotion

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Bhakta David

Even though Knowledge and Devotion are both equally
capable of eradicating man's sorrows, yet the glory of Devotion is
greater than that of Knowledge. With Knowledge one can experience
constant, uninterrupted joy, but with Devotion one can attain
infinite and ever enhancing joy (which increases every moment). I learned a lot about the highest form of mystic yogic devotion and its rewards from Guru Gita at: http://www.thisispk.org/thisispk.html

Bhakta David

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Non

I don't know why, but I really don't like that homepage. If he really wants to help other people obtaining enlightenment, he should give the ebook out for free, not trying to catch other peoples money out of that wisdom. This concept isn't the one from someone who has archived such a high state of devotion and felt the joy of infinite love and being.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Yoshiaki_Abe

It (like the thread on "Daoist Magic" in the Ancient Magic and Mythology forum) is very difficult to tell whether or not this is a hoax and/or scam. However, at least the eBook is only $20. Some of the books surfacing on http://www.daoistmagic.com are $45, and I'm sure that other "religious" sites using the same methods of selling books have even higher prices. I would just totally stay away from them and see what books I could find either in libraries or though more easily referenced and accredited sources.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: IAO131

[QUOTE=Bhakta David;352896]Even though Knowledge and Devotion are both equally
capable of eradicating man's sorrows, yet the glory of Devotion is
greater than that of Knowledge. With Knowledge one can experience
constant, uninterrupted joy, but with Devotion one can attain
infinite and ever enhancing joy (which increases every moment). I learned a lot about the highest form of mystic yogic devotion and its rewards from Guru Gita at: http://www.thisispk.org/thisispk.html

Bhakta David[/QUOTE]

What a great guru... I offer all of my material, including the Journal of Thelemic Studies, for free. I must be a humble master.

IAO131

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Dionesia La Maga

The site looks like the yoga equivalent of snake oil. What does it have to do with bhakti yoga? And where did you get the dorky talking point about the virtues of bhakti over jnana? If you really want to know about bhakti and jnana, read the passages in which it was first mentioned: the Bhagavad Gita. Then read Shankaracharya who said the highest form of devotion is wisdom. Then you can go read Swami Vivekananda who talks about the dangers of blind, self-indulgent bhakti and false kundalini arousal.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Yoshiaki_Abe

[QUOTE=IAO131;353046]I offer all of my material, including the Journal of Thelemic Studies, for free.[/QUOTE]

Bonus points all over the board, IAO131! I wish more people would follow your example. I plan to do the same thing with my own studies someday, but I don't have nearly enough for a website yet, let alone a journal. Good luck!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Dionesia La Maga

[QUOTE=Yoshiaki_Abe;354031]Bonus points all over the board, IAO131! I wish more people would follow your example. [/QUOTE]

I second that. --And his material is responsible and real.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: simex

I think it's safe to say that this guy is spamming us, and it goes without saying that this guru-- who is probably one in the same as bhakta david-- is totally wack.

The site sells prana generators! If this guy knew anything, he would know that a prana generator is totally ridiculous concept. There's a completely free source of prana all around you, all you need to do is breath.

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”