Strange sensation. Energy transfer?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: scarred_seraph

This is kind of a funny post to read, but it's something i'm thinking about a lot lately. Simply put, if i contract the muscles of the anus, and of my lower stomach in a certain way, i feel something like a fast bolt that starts from my lower body (low stomach) and bolts upwards in a second or two, reaching what feels like the place below my lungs or even the same lungs, and if i continue contracting for those two seconds i get the sensation of adrenaline running around my body, and i start shaking until i cease contracting.

Being this an anatomically strange fact, i was wondering if anyone knows if it is in someway linked with the subtle body's energy or with kundalini.

I remember reading something here regarding a method adopted by the "Temple of the Vampire" initiates to collect body energy, and that involved contraction of the anus muscles, but i cannot find the link anymore. Anybody knows more(about the method, not about the TOTV)?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: corbin_israfael

Sounds like two of the Major Bandha or Body Locks of Yoga meant to force energy upwards. The First one is called Mulabandha but the second one's name escapes me. The third is lowering the chin into the chest cavity while stilling the breath. Try doing all three at once if you can...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

In which way do they interact with the chakra energy system?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Zasar

Can't doing that too often provoke hemoroids?

EDIT: Forget about that remark, I was just being stupid...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: simex

Sounds like what Vivekananda is talking about in this passage:
According to the Yogis, there are two nerve currents in the spinal column, called Pingala and Ida, and a hollow canal called Sushumna running through the spinal cord. At the lower end of the hollow canal is what the Yogis call the "Lotus of the Kundalini". They describe it as triangular in form in which, in the symbolical language of the Yogis, there is a power called the Kundalini, coiled up. When that Kundalini awakes, it tries to force a passage through this hollow canal, and as it rises step by step, as it were, layer after layer of the mind becomes open and all the different visions and wonderful powers come to the Yogi. When it reaches the brain, the Yogi is perfectly detached from the body and mind; the soul finds itself free.

We know that the spinal cord is composed in a peculiar manner. If we take the figure eight horizontally, there are two parts that are connected in the middle. Suppose you add eight after eight, piled one on top of the other, then that will represent the spinal cord. The left is the Ida, the right is the Pingala, and the hollow canal that runs through the center of the spinal cord is the Sushumna. Where the spinal cord ends in some of the lumbar vertebrae, a fine fiber issues downward, and the canal runs up within that fiber, and is even finer than the fiber. The canal is closed at the lower end, which is situated near what is called the sacral plexus, which, according to modern physiology, is triangular in form. The different plexuses that have their centers in the spinal canal can very well stand for the different "lotuses" of the Yogi.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Rend Sever

Does the energy and sensation feel sexual in nature?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

No, it does not, it just feels warm and adrenalinic.

A guy from yogaforums.com told me i was moving Prana and Apana through my body, and that could provoke kundalini awakening.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Dracophoenix
corbin_israfael;329016 wrote:Sounds like two of the Major Bandha or Body Locks of Yoga meant to force energy upwards. The First one is called Mulabandha but the second one's name escapes me. The third is lowering the chin into the chest cavity while stilling the breath. Try doing all three at once if you can...

I have to agree with you. I can't think of the other one's name either.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: astral_light21

Hey, BTW, sorry if this is a bit off topic but...
How can you tell if your kundilini has risen?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Draginvry

[QUOTE=astral_light21;330970]
How can you tell if your kundilini has risen?[/QUOTE]

The same way you recognize any other type of energy work. You feel it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Corboaica

[QUOTE=astral_light21;330970]Hey, BTW, sorry if this is a bit off topic but...
How can you tell if your kundilini has risen?[/QUOTE]

ye u just feel tht honey heat and furthermore all of ur psychical abylities arise or get stronger....

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: StarfireRhythm

You can also bust that energy out into a totally sweet microcosmic / macrocosmic orbit.

Heh.

I learned the 3 locks while I was in the ashram, can't find my notes anywhere unfortunately. Anyway, they're used at various times to retain energy, eventually with the goal of uniting prana and apana, like the post above said.

If you're doing pranayama, or anuloma viloma, try holding the locks while you're doing the breath holding parts of the practice. I think it's hold the breath, lock, sit, unlock, release breath. Good times.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Seraphiel

What you are describing Scarred_Seraph can be found in Chi Kung and Kundalini books some of the books on chi kung i have describe similar exercises with contraction of muscles and breathing exercises to send the energy up and compact it in the body

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Larinho

The second bandha is called uddiyana bandha.

A girl told this resembled the way of breathing she learned for singing...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Nightsapostle

Try useing the first two techniques while useing tibetan four step breathing as well. Its almost the same sensation as after a perfect middle pillar. Except thats all day if you do it while sleeping.... ;) Tantra....................
If you block Malkuth immediatley after doing either of the two you are a human battery.....:D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=scarred_seraph;329083]In which way do they interact with the chakra energy system?[/QUOTE]

You add the chakra in addition too if you can utilize its energy. Chakra and kundalini can be usd seperate they are linked via the spine/body/spirit and thru too the pineal gland. Take it easy to add any more. Especially if you have really cleansed at night or in the morning before.

the interaction is that the chakra better be clear to raise kundalini. You can also build off of each chakra (12 total vertically) but thats just my honost opinion. There are chi and ki energies also related but seperate to build upon....

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Nightsapostle;335850]Try useing the first two techniques while useing tibetan four step breathing as well. Its almost the same sensation as after a perfect middle pillar. Except thats all day if you do it while sleeping.... ;) Tantra....................
If you block Malkuth immediatley after doing either of the two you are a human battery.....:D[/QUOTE]

Tibetan breathing? Is that on the site anywhere? Or would you be willing to point out some resources? :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Check out Tibetan Magic and mysticism by J.H Brennan.

Theres one decent link that has no shortcuts and no bs but im on a new computer so give me bit o time.

There are also 1000 breathing techniques from yoga but i just prefer my foul weather friends that can warm themselves internally and jump 15 plus feet in the air.

Alas my guide is also Bon so much of it is source.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Larinho

On youtube there is a video 'tibetan yoga', maybe a lot of them. But one them features this tibetan who tells not to try this at home. Find and watch.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So does witchcraft and summoning and saence,Kundalini...etc... But yes it is definatly something that needs the utmost attention. You also have to remember that much of the original writings are made to throw off the lay person. It either says its dangerous and its actually a natural part of being a human. Or there is misleading writing in the information. In currant years that either makes things worse by haveing it mistranslated by a lay person or it is translated correctly but the person (Regardie, Bardon) does not believe in hideing details or misdirection when they write.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: TransPersonal

[QUOTE=Larinho;336021]On youtube there is a video 'tibetan yoga', maybe a lot of them. But one them features this tibetan who tells not to try this at home. Find and watch.[/QUOTE]

I think you are reffering to this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KG6w036k8u4

Actually you can't try it anyway since it only shows segments of the performance, great to watch though...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=Nightsapostle;335986]Check out Tibetan Magic and mysticism by J.H Brennan.

Theres one decent link that has no shortcuts and no bs but im on a new computer so give me bit o time.

There are also 1000 breathing techniques from yoga but i just prefer my foul weather friends that can warm themselves internally and jump 15 plus feet in the air.

Alas my guide is also Bon so much of it is source.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks NA, I'll check it out.

I don't know much about Bon except what I've read associated with Dzogchen. Seems like good stuff.

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”