Osho Rajneesh

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Osho Rajneesh

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: durki

Disciples of Osho are doing a wonderful work. They are head-quartered at Poona in India. They are teaching among other things tantra, yoga & various types of meditations. They also involve themselves in community service. See the following link :-

http://www.osho.com/

soham
Forum Member
Forum Member

Osho Rajneesh

Post by soham »

They have got branches all over the globe. They teach many types of meditations. Their activities cover complete gamut of human endeavour.
soham at this site = durki at occultforums.com

ArcaneSpells
Forum Member
Forum Member

Osho Rajneesh

Post by ArcaneSpells »

"Osho said that he was "the rich man's guru" and that material poverty was not a genuine spiritual value.[176] He had himself photographed wearing sumptuous clothing and hand-made watches[177] and, while in Oregon, drove a different Rolls-Royce each day – his followers reportedly wanted to buy him 365 of them, one for each day of the year.[93] Publicity shots of the Rolls-Royces were sent to the press.[176][178] They may have reflected both his advocacy of wealth and his desire to provoke American sensibilities, much as he had enjoyed offending Indian sensibilities earlier"

Osho was an interesting Person. The above statement is from the wikipedia page about him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho_Rajneesh

Rauðolfr
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Osho Rajneesh

Post by Rauðolfr »

Osho was a fascinating person. and its well worth reading his literature... but do so with a large amount of sceptisism.

IMHO he used nuggets of the truth in order to make his scam more effective... well its more complicated than that, i think that he used the dissemination of truth to his followers inside his own mind to personally justify the abuses he inflicted Upon people around him, and a massive ego. it's not for me to say whether the light side or dark side of the man - his worth as a human being - outweighed the other.

Like most leaders of religious (and i use that term broadly) movements there is a hard contradiction between the philosophies they espouse and the sum total of their actions. and it draws attention to the debate, if the 'followers' of a religious philosophy can exhibit abhorrent behaviour, does that harm the credibility of their message? or are they seperate things?

deathbycicada
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by deathbycicada »

Osho, as a guru, accomplished a lot both for better and worse. He compiled a lot of esoteric and eastern material into an assessable format. Additionally, the (Neo)Sannya pursuit of happiness without dogma is an exceptional and contemporary path in my opinion.

That being said, some of his personal baggage and motives make it difficult to endorse him. I would be very skeptical of anything with his name attached to it. Some of it is gold, but some of it is poison. I encourage reading classic texts and some introductory material to make your own decisions before exploring Osho's interpretations. There is a plethora of information regarding tantra, daoism, and other schools on sared-texts.com and c-text.org.
Follow my quest in becoming crazy dumbsaint of the mind at my blog.
deathbycicada.blogspot.com/

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Osho is a fraud. Very probably there is some darker occult practice with which he is involved.

deathbycicada
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by deathbycicada »

Osho is a fraud. Very probably there is some darker occult practice with which he is involved.
Can you be more specific? I see many aspects of his philosophy and guruship as fraudulent, and I am interested hearing your take on the matter.
Follow my quest in becoming crazy dumbsaint of the mind at my blog.
deathbycicada.blogspot.com/

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

When a group of people are so manipulated and so broken-down as individuals that they would engage in acts of terrorism to expand their power then something is wrong and given his kriya practices that played a role. As the guru, he was absolutely responsible for his disciples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cDgOf2Om28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyuNXlFa3uM

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”