Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: durki

So many pseudos abound in the field of Tantra. Countless gullible people fall prey to their esoteric jargon, mystifying rituals and perverted practices. Their hollow promises to impart instant enlightenment and fulfil wishes & desires of the seekers lure, snare, entice and trap many aspiring souls. They invoke evil forces which could be dangerous, to say the least.
There have been very few genuine tantriks down the history. Padmasambhava was one such.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: Khaemwese

Come now... "evil?"

Care to be more specific, or are you just trying to scare off the newbies?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: Bone_Dancer

I dare say if someone takes the myth of Padmasambhav, Guru Rinpoche the second Buddha, who Tantric Buddhism claims was incarnated as an eight-year-old child that appeared in a lotus blossom floating in Lake Dhanakosha, to heart it's less credible than the evangelicals that actually believe humans were made from ribs and dust and were damned by god for following the instructions of a talking snake.

There's no foundation for the condemnation of Tantra in this thread, just reactionary Christian rhetoric about evils and damnation and perverted practices. :rolleyes: This thread shouldn't scare newbies, instead it should inspire them to research the facts on their own so they know what this thread really means to the subject of Tantric practice.

Nothing. :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: amunptah777

[QUOTE=durki;292197]. They invoke evil forces which could be dangerous, to say the least.
[/QUOTE]

Hey, true tantra teaches absolute non-dichotomy.:angel: :evil: No good, no evil and no separation between self and other.
It's only dangerous if one is stuck in Western modes of thought, and yes, it'll screw you up big time you can't let go of monotheist ideologies. ;)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: durki

What I had meant was that there are evil entities who take advantage of your vulnerability during tantric practices. So you should be aware of it and take precautions.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: winged one
durki;292466 wrote:What I had meant was that there are evil entities who take advantage of your vulnerability during tantric practices. So you should be aware of it and take precautions.

Actually I know bunk about Tantra but I think in general it should be said that all occult/spiritual practices can have their dangers. And no I don't mean that in an alarmist way. It's almost like there needs to be a safe sex sort of talk about the occult. I completely agree with what Durki's saying.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: hxaosanto

Hey, Durki...

QUIT ARGUING AGAINST EVERYTHING. Seemingly all you do is cause arguments. Maybe get off your ass and go DO something and discover yourself. Or just shut the hell up. Your choice.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: m1thr0s

So many pseudos abound in the field of Electricity. Countless gullible people fall prey to its esoteric jargon, mystifying rituals and perverted practices. Its hollow promises to impart instant enlightenment and fulfil wishes & desires of the seekers lure, snare, entice and trap many aspiring souls. It invokes evil forces which could be dangerous, to say the least....

Don't even get me started on the evils of plastics...

m1thr0s

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Sarcasm, just for sarcasm adds nothing to a conversation.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

yeah well...dumbshit little one-liners that totally miss the point don't either...

so let me spell it out for you...there is nothing in the author's original complaints that could not be levied just as easily in a thousand different directions with the same degree of inaccuracy...because these complaints are not specific to Tantra or tantricism at all...that just happens to be a convenient target for the time being.

I should know by now, sarcasm is wasted on the braindead.

m1thr0s

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

See now that post requiired more thought, and was worth more my time reading than your plastic point

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

it's always a pleasure assisting the mentally challenged i am sure...

so let's try something new...how about you pull your head out of this petty little personal attack and return to the actual topic.

m1thr0s

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

"I" was the one who derailed the topic? You can't be serious, all I said was I don't see how tantra can be called evil. You come in ranting about electricity, and plastic. Don't be asinine.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

yes...I addressed the author's original statements (not yours...did you perhaps think i was adressing you?)

why should it matter what you think of me personally? get a life, pal.

m1thr0s

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: deviadah

Off T = I have never been in a flame war with m1thr0s as of yet, and I hope I never will...

:p

On T = If one wants to be careful concerning any field in the occult the best thing, I think, is to not follow anyone, but to find your own path... I mean you can slip in the shower!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

No, I didn't think you were addressing me.

But, then your post didn't come accross as being related to anything.

Whatever, I'm not getting into a pissing contest over this.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: Verus 437

I am a practitioner of Tantra, though not a truely recognized one as I am without a guru. It's a paradigm that has consumed me for the better part of a year now and I am only just recently distancing myself from it.

However, that being said...

The occult, in my experience, is rarely dangerous when you don't know what you're doing. It's only when you DO know what you're doing that you might mess something up.

All-powerful entities (or what have you) care nothing for newbies, or even for most humans come to think of it. They would make terrible hosts to possess since they probably have little experience with invokations or the like and the more experienced magician could probably fend them off well enough for that to be a risk.

This of course explains why demons don't randomly go antagonizing non-magic folk. There are naturally exceptions to this but yeah...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

m1thr0s;292628 wrote:yeah well...dumbshit little one-liners that totally miss the point don't either...

so let me spell it out for you...there is nothing in the author's original complaints that could not be levied just as easily in a thousand different directions with the same degree of inaccuracy...because these complaints are not specific to Tantra or tantricism at all...that just happens to be a convenient target for the time being.

I should know by now, sarcasm is wasted on the braindead.

m1thr0s

Ok, first of all the electricity and plastics comment made me laugh. Secondly I agree. It is not that the occult and it's various related or similiar practices are intrinsically dangerous and more than say hiking...or even baking. It's just that some times newbies and even those who've been practicing aren't aware of or told about precautionary info to keep them healthy. And there's not a whole lot of straight up info about how to know when stuff isn't going positive for you. My god, I walked around for three frickin' years with my top chakra blasted open and I was frickin' nuts. All these people are running around learning techniques to open the chakras. It's prob just fine for a lot of people but chakra opening of unbalenced chakras can cause anything from discomfort to full on psychoisis. Wish I had known the symptoms and how to counteract such a problem years ago. Cause it was sucky for that three years. Now...I think this is rare...I'm not saying it to scare people away from chakra stuff. It's a bit like hiking. There are those who get lost who are stupid neophyte hikers and there are those who are experienced and can still get lost. But if the person is better equipped and prepared they can deal with the situation. As durki stated about Tantra attracting entities that can take advantage of you I full on agree. Many occult things can...just simply because things are drawn to energy. This is also not to freak people out. Knowing how to deal with this stuff isn't any different sometimes than having to clean out your house or dust.

So while I agree that people shouldn't write about their super negative experiences and assume that all people should stay the hell away from whatever it was that messed them up...I do think it's necessary to share a couple of standard techniques and things to be aware of in different practices. And also that all of us (except you supertalented experienced geniuses) could benefit from rationally discussing our own experiences with stuff and how we dealt with it.

Like I said...sort of a safe sex talk only about occult matters.

Even "lighworking" energy healers have problems from time to time.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: hxaosanto

This thread has nothing to do about "a safe sex talk only about occult matters"; it's a post by durki attacking yet another belief system he doesn't follow. Hinduism, Christianity, now Tantra.

If you want to talk about how to be safe in magick, there are other topics about that, I'm sure. Of course, if you ever think you are safe, you have warped definitions of "you", "are", and/or "safe". Everything always changes; the moment things stop changing, the universe will disappear/die/dissolve/become one/become nothing/freeze solid/whatever.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: corbin_israfael

[QUOTE=winged one;292720]Like I said...sort of a safe sex talk only about occult matters.

Even "lightworking" energy healers have problems from time to time.[/QUOTE]I don't think the Occult has every caused me any problems. Of course...I am a pretty messed up individual anyway so it's hard to tell...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: Hanged_in_Glory
I don't think the Occult has every caused me any problems. Of course...I am a pretty messed up individual anyway so it's hard to tell...
I feel ya, Corbin. Get in line to join the club. :)

My outlook is sort of the idea that it's also dangerous to get out of bed in the morning. But since most accidents occur in the home, it's also dangerous to stay home.

It's dangerous to consider the ramifications of a life wasted, and a spiritual journey never made, a destination, or waypoint, never reached. So I tend to disregard the dangers and fly by the seat of my pants. Of course, this concept I apply only to various levels of psychonautical self-exploration and spirituality, and not to the more tangible dangers found in - for instance - goetia and Enochian, etc. That would be just plain stupid! :D

Just a bit of babble to help me wile away the hours.....

HiG

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: JX23

[QUOTE=m1thr0s;292615]So many pseudos abound in the field of Electricity. Countless gullible people fall prey to its esoteric jargon, mystifying rituals and perverted practices. Its hollow promises to impart instant enlightenment and fulfil wishes & desires of the seekers lure, snare, entice and trap many aspiring souls. It invokes evil forces which could be dangerous, to say the least....

Don't even get me started on the evils of plastics...

m1thr0s[/QUOTE]

Not to off topic,

m1thr0s, i want to hear you rant about plastics, PM me please!!!!

J

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: Hanged_in_Glory

Yes, a rant on plastics would be most called for. Count me in. I feel plastic is the scourge of the Earth. :)

I should add, more on topic, that I joined a Tantric group not long ago, a Vajrayogini sect, and once they found I'd not been "initiated" in one of several authentic lineages, they forbade my further participation until I was able to seek out initiation.

My perception on this is that some of the Tantric "deities" or whatever you might call them, are not so much to be described as "evil" as they are evolutionally (word?) intense and unforgiving to the unprepared. Just my two....

And yeah, like there's anywhere to get initiated into Tibetan Tantra in the middle of the bowels of Iowa. Riiiight.

HiG

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Original post: corbin_israfael

Well you could go to California and find some of the Aghori which are said to practice Tantric Rites. A good friend of mine with an interest in Yoga similar to myself is good friends with some of them.

However it is difficult to find an Sat Guru to initiate you into an orthodox school of Yoga let alone Tantra. Gurus abound but a Sat Guru (True Guru) is very rare...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantra Can Be Dangerous

Hanged_in_Glory;293048 wrote:I feel ya, Corbin. Get in line to join the club. :)

My outlook is sort of the idea that it's also dangerous to get out of bed in the morning. But since most accidents occur in the home, it's also dangerous to stay home.

It's dangerous to consider the ramifications of a life wasted, and a spiritual journey never made, a destination, or waypoint, never reached. So I tend to disregard the dangers and fly by the seat of my pants. Of course, this concept I apply only to various levels of psychonautical self-exploration and spirituality, and not to the more tangible dangers found in - for instance - goetia and Enochian, etc. That would be just plain stupid! :D

lol. About the goetia thing.

hxaosanto wrote:This thread has nothing to do about "a safe sex talk only about occult matters"; it's a post by durki attacking yet another belief system he doesn't follow. Hinduism, Christianity, now Tantra.

Do you think so? If nothing else he's really caused some great debates on the forums. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't just that stuff gets lost in cultural translation. Meh...

hxaosanto wrote:If you want to talk about how to be safe in magick, there are other topics about that, I'm sure. Of course, if you ever think you are safe, you have warped definitions of "you", "are", and/or "safe". Everything always changes; the moment things stop changing, the universe will disappear/die/dissolve/become one/become nothing/freeze solid/whatever.

Too true.

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”