Events Listing - Eastern Faiths

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Mmothra

This thread is for listing events (teachings, lectures, exhibits, etc.) which may be of interest and relevent to the Eastern Faiths community.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Mmothra

I'll be there for all three evenings. Let me know if you plan on attending.

http://norcal.shambhala.org/event_detail.php?e=108
The Stages of Meditating on Selflessness and Perfect Purity with Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso Rinpoche

December 20-22
7:30 p.m.

At the Berkeley Shambhala Center.
2288 Fulton Street
Berkeley, CA 94704
510 841 3242

The Stages of Meditating on Selflessness and Perfect Purity Rinpoche will teach from a variety of philosophical texts and vajra songs. The main text will be provided for you at the teachings.

Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso Rinpoche is one the greatest masters of our time. He unites prodigious scholarship and intellect with great compassion. He also embodies the training and temperament of a true yogi. In fact, Rinpoche is often compared to the great yogi Milarepa, whom he resembles in both substance and style: Rinpoche has no fixed abode, few possessions; he has practiced for years in solitude, sometimes sealed in darkness.Like Milarepa, he is known for his dohas, spontaneous songs of realization that offer insight into genuine reality. Such dohas may emerge to answer a question, clarify a difficult point, or to expand or comment on one of Milarepa's own songs.

Rinpoche teaches around the world. He has dedicated his life to training a new generation of tulkus, khenpos, and translators. He is also instrumental in supporting and working with monasteries, nunneries, schools and refugee camps in India, Nepal and Bhutan.

Each teaching is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. Register for all three evenings by clicking here: All 3 evenings with Khenpo Rinpoche - Dec 20-22
To register for only one or two evenings, please register for each evening separately by clicking the dates when you would like to attend:
Evening of Dec. 20 with Khenpo
Evening of Dec. 21 with Khenpo
Evening of Dec. 22 with Khenpo
Please note that there is a $20 non-refundable cancellation fee if you cancel 2 or more weeks before this program begins. No refunds will be offered if you cancel less than 2 weeks before this program begins.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Son of mr. gordo

For anyone in NYC:

Buddhism 102: Introduction to Buddhist Practices
Tulku Thubten Rinpoche
Friday December 16th 7-9 P.M.
Free Event

Prajanaparamitra: Introduction To The Heart Sutra
Tulku Thubten Rinpoche
Saturday December 17th 10 A.M. – 5 P.M.
$80 Members/$90 Nonmembers

TIBET HOUSE U.S.
22 West 15th Street (between 5th & 6th Ave.)
New York, New York 10011
General Information: (212) 807-0563

I'll be at the Heart Sutra teaching.

Tulku Thubten Rinpoche was born in 1968 in the Golok region of Eastern Tibet. At the age of 13, he began his formal Buddhist studies at Mahr Do Tashi Ghakyil monastery, which practiced the Katok tradition of the Nyingma lineage under the guidance of Tsurlo Rinpoche. At the age of 15, he was recognized by Gompa Tulku Rinpoche as the incarnation of Ahnam Lama, a chief disciple of Kunkhyen Dudjom Lingpa. In 1991 he left Tibet, and in 1992 came to the United States.

In addition to his extensive knowledge of Vajrayana doctrine, Rinpoche is also an avid writer and teacher of Tibetan calligraphy, poetry and astrology. Rinpoche bridges the teachings of the dharma with the realities of everyday life in modern America through his clarity, eloquence and wit.

Or as some others have described him:

Tulku Thupten is the John Coltrane of Dharma....Loud, fast, lots of notes, very intense, very creative, blissful.

SoMG

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: FireCrow

I also forgot what I was going to say here. I know I am probably off to a bad start here but sorry.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: KaiyureBoy

I have read your article and have one question to ask, would you pls Post your MSN to me?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angelina Jolie Lose Weight because of serious Diabetes

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”