Everything Kundalini

Ashley challis
Forum Member
Forum Member

Everything Kundalini

Post by Ashley challis »

Hi there,

This kundalini concept is much like western mystic traditions instead of a snake it is you who climb a winding staircase and find a door just open a little bit. It's suposed to help you focus on illuminating the top three energy points and bridge the gap between the conscience and unconscience mind.

Ash.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Everything Kundalini

Post by Venefica »

This is one of my old blog posts. I hope no one minds if I post it here. I sort of think it fits, and it has some of my views and experiences with Kundalini. Sorry for some redundant information. I wrote the post so that someone reading my blog and not having any knowledge of Kundalini would understand what I was talking about.

My Kundalini Ramblings

Kundalini is an energy that the Hindu believe is a part of the human subtle body, that is our energy system. It is part of the same system as chakras and the nadis. If you don't know what those are the nadis are the channels that carry spiritual energy around the body and the aura, kind of like blood veins, only for spiritual force. The chakras are the places the nadis join up and forms nodes in the body.

Kundalini is from a sanskrit word and it means coiled up, or coiled up snake. It is seen as a snake that rest at the bottom of our spine, sleeping at our loin. Meditation and practice can awaken this snake and it can rise up through our body along the spinal channel called the sushumna, empowering the chakras as it moves through them. The goal is to have this energy rise through the body and beyond it until it meet and joins whit the Divine, usually in the form of the Hindu main God Shiva. This process create in the practitioner an extreme sense of bliss. It is believed another benefit from this practice i that the practitioner will develop Siddhis the sanskrit word for psychic or magickal powers. But many Hindu mystic don't see this as a benefit, believing such powers distract the seeker from the true goal of enlightenment.

There are whit some danger that Kundalini is raised. Using it to much or unwisely can lean to several nasty side effects. Hindu teachers warn possible practitioner about experimenting whit Kundalini meditation unless they have a teacher to show them the pitfalls, and even then it is not whiteout a risk. Many speak of what they call the Kundalini syndrome, a pet name practitioners of Kundalini raising often get. If you feel you might want to play whit Kundalini let me just give you a list of some risks here so you know what you are getting into. Here a list of symptoms gathered from Wikipedia, becouse I am to lazy to type in the list myself.

Summary of Known Problems: Death, pseudo death psychosis, pseudo psychosis, confusion, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, sadness, suicidal thoughts, urges to self-mutilate, homicidal urges, arrhythmia (irregular heart beat), exacerbation of prior or current mental illness, insomnia, inability to hold a job, inability to talk, inability to drive, sexual pains, temporary blindness, and headaches.

Sounds yummy right? There are other symptoms to of which the most prominent feature is a feeling of energy or heat rushing up the spine. Other sensory and motor symptoms may include the feeling of cranial pressures, the perception of inner sounds, experiences of inner lights, vibrating or tickling sensations in the lower back, tachycardia (rapid heart rate), spontaneous trance states, changes in breathing, spontaneous bodily movements, sensations of heat or cold moving through the body, localized bodily pain that starts and stops abruptly, vibrations and itching under the skin. Mental and affective symptoms include fear, anxiety, intense positive or negative emotions, spontaneous slowing or speeding of thoughts and experiencing oneself as larger than the physical body.

Therese symptoms usually manifest months to years after the practitioner have first tarted to rise Kundalini. Some believe these symptoms are due to karma and buried negativity in the mind and soul of the practitioner bubbling to the surface. I personally however believe it is just the energy having a bit of fun whit your system. I have experienced strange illness and symptoms whit the use of other energy directing techniques to. This is not unique to Kundalini, though that particular system is more dangerous than many out there.

Personally I have had one experience whit Kundalini meditation. I used the method I found in a book by Donald Michael Kreig named Modern Magick. I remember feeling the standard heat and pleasure I get from contact whit such energies. This is several years ago so I don't remember the experience in detail, and I am not sure I would like to tell of such an experience in detail on a public web page. Suffice to say that it was nice but not overwhelming really. I fell asleep after the meditation and when I woke up I saw two "animals" greasing om my living room floor. But they were like no animals of this world. The creatures did not appear to see me, or take notice of me at all. I believe what happened was that I saw into another dimension, but I have no prof to substantiate this. I don't know if they was Spirits, beings from another dimension or just figments of my imagination, they was there for a little while, but they disappeared as I focused my eyes properly.

The only symptom of Kundalini syndrome I can say to have gotten from this is that now I get uncontrollable mussel spasms whenever I work whit other energy based techniques. I do have other symptoms, but I have gotten them from other occult work, or just had them my whole life, long before I tried Kundalini meditation.

I am a bit frightened to try this meditation technique again due to the risks. But the rewards are equally high as the risks are if not more so so yes, I am going to try Kundalini again when I am a bit more prepared for I think it can be a most interesting energy to work whit. And the one that nothing dare, nothing win.
If you are interested there are many books on Kundalini and Hindu mysticism out there, and many web pages as well. Just promise me to be careful. It is a wonderful and terrible Spiritual energy we deal with here, remember that at all times.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Everything Kundalini

Post by Omnicentrik »

Many today consciously attempting to activate this force don't realize that the traditional methods included long periods of preparation with much varied practice. Before the force can move in a healthy way, the vehicle needs to be in a position to sustain it. This includes psychological, psycho-energetic and physical purification. All of us have a network of pathways that conduct life force. Kundalini is activated when these pathways focus their life force at the root center like a magnifying glass. For this to work, the pathways need to be open and the individual needs to sustain the right consciousness. Conciousness and life force need to initiate their fusion even before kundalini ignites, and life force needs to flow freely and fully through the "lesser" pathways.

One danger is that what awakens will be less than conscious, or that the body/mind will be less than conscious in responding to it. A result of this is that insufficient purification will magnify inner conflicts to gigantic and debilitating proportions. Another danger, and a common one, is that we may have specialized in moving life force in our being where some pathways are shut and others are overburdened. If we focus on kundalini activation, it will then tend to move through an already overburdened pathway like a current through a wire to thin to sustain it. The wire and the whole circuit can undergo meltdown.

The proverbial kundalini experience is no more a one-shot "rising" than a marriage is a single brief orgasm. There is a lot going on, and the experience is far more than the commonly touted concept of energy unulating up the spine. In hatha yoga systems, it is described as moving from center to center till it reaches the top and maybe goes "out". There is more, however. Once up, it goes back down, then up again, then down, until a kundalini standing wave in the body reverberates constantly and works through all the pathways. It fills the tissues in certain reservoirs in the head, chest and abdomen, and realization moves toward a centered experience rather than a top down or bottom up one.

The symptoms of progression, however, vary from person to person even in advanced stages. Ideally, the experience will be a slow burn after the first few stabilized ignitions. Then the aspirant can increase the fire to further fuel transformation and/or stoke it at will to highten certain abilities the energy fuels.

That's my brief take on it.
Deus est sphaera infinita cuius centrum est ubique, circumferentia nusquam
God is an infinite sphere whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere”.
Liber XXIV philosophorum (philosophical/theological medieval text of uncertain authorship).

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Everything Kundalini

Post by Venefica »

I think that such would be the case for every powerful Energy manipulation system, the body and mind need to be prepared to handle it. Also there is a point that the Chakras be balanced as what many forget is that the Chakras is a interconnected system. Many work allot with the Third Eye and Crown Chakras but see no point in developing the lower ones, the result is the same as with a house with well made and decorated to floors but a poor foundation, when enough pressure is put on it, then it will crumble. It is fine and good to want to be psychic, but one do not get psychic power quicker by ignoring all but the Third Eye Chakra.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”