Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Son of mr. gordo

Aikido Links

The Aikido FAQ

Aikido Journal

Aikido Online

Aikido Today Magazine

Aikido World Journal

International Yoshinkan Aikido Federation - The style of Aikido taught to the Tokyo Riot Police. They also have a year long course that civilians can take and is written about in the fascinating book Angry White Pyjamas

Aikido Journal Forums

AikiWeb Aikido Forums

Budo is not a means of felling the opponent by force or by lethal weapons. Neither is it intended to lead the world to destruction by arms and other illegitimate means. True Budo calls for bringing the inner energy of the universe in order, protecting the peace of the world , as well as preserving, everything in nature in its right form. If your opponent tries to pull you, let him pull. Don't pull against him; pull in unison with him. Aikido does not rely on weapons or brute force to succeed; instead we put ourselves in tune with the universe, maintain peace in our own realms, nurture life, and prevent death and destruction. The true meaning of the term "samurai" is one who serves and adheres to the power of love.

- Morihei Ueshiba , founder of Aikido

If anyone wants to see a video clip of authentic Aikido, PM me and I will send it to you.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: Rin Daemoko

Here is the PDF transcription of a fantastic lecture on the benefits of Bodhicitta, given by the Venerable Thubten Chodron: http://www.thubtenchodron.org/GradualPathToEnlightenment/LR_Bc_14Apr93.pdf

If you like, you can listen to the audio version here: http://www.thubtenchodron.org/GradualPathToEnlightenment/A_GreatScope.html#14Apr93

Note: You need to have Real Player in order to listen to the audio version of this lecture.

I personally adore the Venerable Thubten Chodron. She is humorous, insightful, and has a gentle voice which gets me to listen and listen intently. For more of her stuff, her site is located at: http://thubtenchodron.org

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: Son of a Montage

As part of the Digital Himalaya Project, we are beginning to digitise out-of-print volumes of Kailash - Journal of Himalayan Studies. This excellent publication, printed on traditional rice paper in Kathmandu, Nepal, by Ratna Pustak Bhandar, is difficult to acquire and only a handful of university libraries have assembled a complete set. With the support of the publishers and editors of the journal, we at Digital Himalaya have digitised Volume 1, Numbers 1-4, 1973 of Kailash. These four editions are now available as a free PDF in segments organised according to the individual articles. Some articles are also available as HTML files which can be rendered in a modern browser, but please note that you may have to adjust the character set with which you view the document. You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view and print the PDF files. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of further volumes.

http://www.digitalhimalaya.com/collecti ... cript.html

There's a lot of info there...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Thanks for the great link Montage! There's a ton of info there!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: oak

good (free) book on Vipassana meditation:
Mindfulness in Plain English by Ven. Henepola Gunaratana

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Audio Resources:

Portal on Theravada lectures

Lectures by Steve Hagen on Zen and Koans

SoMG

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: Amur

A very interesting Tao The Ching translation project in progress:
http://www.truetao.org/laotzu/taote/

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

The Advaita Show

Sailor Bob on mp3!? Amusing stuff. One of the few neo-advaitans I like. Gotta love podcasting!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: Qaexl

"Shadow Shinken", books by Dr. Glenn Morris

Path Notes of an American Ninja Master, Shadow Strategies of an American Ninja Master. These two books show an incredible foundation in basic skills, relationship between the awakening K and martial arts all from a perspective of a martial art adventure story. A lot of the text is written in the form of a scroll, that is to say, there's a lot of layered meanings. Some makes only sense with experience. Both books have an extensive annotated bibliography.

Martial Arts Madness: A User's Guide to Esoteric Martial Arts. This book deals primarily with "chi sickness" and "martial arts madness". Martial arts being primarily about "boundary" often students go in with boundary issues. When the energy gets amplified through the practice of martial arts, these problems become full blown martial arts madness.

Taoist Alchemy:

Jade Emperor's Mind Seal Classic, Stuart Alve Olsen. A very pithy book on the "Mind Seal Classic" and "The Three Treasures" (jing, qi, shen).

Cultivating Chi, Stuart Alve Olsen. Contains the first volume in a translation of a classic Yang-family Tai Chi training manual.

Other books:

Donna Eden, Energy Medicine. Great reference using the traditional Chinese medicine as it's base.

Thomas Cleary, Thunder in the Sky. Translations of two really weird books...

Web Reference:

http://www.zhongwen.com -- This has been mentioned before, however the site isn't just a dictionary. Dao Te Ching, Art of War, Anelects are all available in the original Chinese called "Classical Chinese".

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: FireCrow

I forgot what I was going to say

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: Shiva-Shakti

I know many people are biased to Osho here but for those who appreciate his books there is a site with almost all of his books on it.

http://www.oshoworld.com/onlinebooks/index.asp

You need internet explorer for this or else the page wont load. Tell me how you like it.
-Shiva-Shakti

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: doh

Can you do me a favor? I'm in a hurry, so could you please add this link to the Helpful Links section here? I personally find Osho to be a good starting point and though I don't agree with everything, his meditation techniques are quite good.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: Centrix

http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/index.html
The Berzin Archives is the collection of works of the American scholar and author Alexander Berzin, who spent 29 years in India, studying and practicing Tibetan Buddhism. There, he served as translator primarily for his teacher, the late Tsenzhab Serkong Rinpoche, and occasionally for His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Dr. Berzin has taught extensively in universities and Buddhist centers in more than seventy countries since early 1980s.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Reference Materials

Original post: CEO2008GAME

More MMORPG players will buy wow cd key to enjoy new stories. The customers who is tired of the old stories and want to leave may continue buying world of warcraft cd key and gold for the new stories reason.This weekend will be an exciting chance for many to see Warhammer Online cd key. and here I want to give you some more good news for if you need warhammer online gold, war cd key, We are a professional online store of War Power leveling,wow gold or warhammer power leveling (warhammer online power leveling) ,We just provide the lowest price and the best service. We are 24/7 online.We can't wait to welcome you!See you onthe battlefield, hope you enjoy the game with our service.

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”