Tantric Meditation Excercises

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Tantric Meditation Excercises

Post by Asurendra »

I mentioned on a previous thread that there is a Tantric text entitled Vijnana Bhairava which records 112 dharanas, or meditation techniques, for centering awareness. I have picked out a few of them and am placing them here on this thread for anyone who is interested.

Any one of these techniques is good so long as one is patient enough to work with it. The tactic here is self-hypnosis or an alternate state of consciousness with a goal of perceiving Divine Consciousness. But, even if one is not ready to go off and become a spark in some cosmic sea of Light they are still very helpful for magical practitioners because it is in these altered states that magick happens.

Because these are Tantric, some of them use very physical experiences as vehicles to recognize the Divine. This would be rather shocking to Yahwehist religions and those who worship Lord Vishnu as the Supreme Lord in India. Because everything is Divine Consciousness, one can lift the veil on anything and there one will find God. Wherever you maintain one-pointed awareness and focus, be it on one's breath or a Playboy, there He is if you know how to look. Don't run from desires, use their energy and go into them to find what they really are and pursue that: the bliss of the Divine.

O Goddess, by focusing one's awareness on the two voids (at the end) of the internal and the external breath, thereby the glorious form of Bhairava (a form of Lord Shiva which is often depicted as Wrathful) is revealed.

If one concentrates one's awareness on anything, be it an empty space, a wall … this (energy of concentration) will merge by itself and bestow grace.

By fixing one's mind on the inner space of the skull and sitting motionless with closed eyes, gradually, by the stability of the mind, one attains the supreme goal.

He attains the supreme Brahman who is deeply merged with the Brahman-that-is-sound (sabdabrahman), which is vibrating within without striking and is perceived by the ear; this sound is uninterrupted like that of a waterfalls.

Meditating simultaneously on the void that is above and the void at the base; by the power of the energy which does not depend on the body, one's mind attains the state of the void.

One should meditate on the body as only enclosed by skin with nothing inside. Meditating in this way, one attains the One who cannot be meditated upon (i.e. Lord Shiva).

Meditating on the knowledge of two things or states one should rest in the middle. By abandoning both simultaneously, the Reality shines forth in the center.

If one contemplates simultaneously that one's entire body and the universe consist of nothing but consciousness, then the mind becomes free from thoughts and the supreme Awakening occurs.

The delight experienced at the time of sexual union when the female energy is excited and when the absorption into her is completed, is similar to the spiritual bliss and that bliss is said to be that of the Self.

O Goddess, even in the absence of a woman there is a flood of delight by merely remembering the sexual joy experienced while kissing, embracing, pressing etc.

At the time of experiencing great bliss or the joy of seeing a friend or relative after a long time, one should meditate on the rising of this bliss and, while merging with it, one's mind will become one with it.

When one is filled with joy arising from the pleasure of eating and drinking, one should mediate on the state of fullness. There the great bliss will arise.

Wherever the mind finds satisfaction, let it be fixed there, for there itself the nature of supreme bliss will become manifest.

Fixing one's gaze without blinking on an external beautiful form, and making the mind support-less in a short time, one will attain to Lord Shiva.

One should contemplate the entire sky, which is the nature of Bhairava as if it is pervading one's head. Then one experiences everything as the form of Bhairava and one enters into the glory of His nature.

If one meditates on the universe as a magic show, or as a painting, or as a moving picture, contemplating on everything in this way, one experiences bliss.

“The Supreme Lord is omniscient, omnipotent and all-pervading; I myself am He.” By such a firm mediation one becomes Lord Shiva.

There is neither bondage nor liberation for me, they are just bogies for the fearful. This world is like a reflection in the mind, just as the sun is reflected on the water.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Tantric Meditation Excercises

Post by Frumens »

I've been doing 63 and 102 for a while now. They really work wonders!
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

Is number 109 meant as a godform? I wanted to ask this before because I am careful with forms I hardly don't know anything about. [oh]
bye bye

energy7
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by energy7 »

I'm very new to meditation but #34 works well for me. Thanks for sharing this;gives me some things to try.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Ramscha,

When Lord Shiva is referenced here it is referring to the Consciousness from which all things arise. In reality, this has no form because forms are objects and this is the eternal Subject which cannot be an object. The image of Lord Shiva that you are familiar with is only a form He assumes in HIs play of manifestation. All things are Shiva so even if you approach this as an abstraction (which can be harder for visualization) it is workable, or, if you have a chosen Deity which represents the Ultimate then use that.

Energy7,

According to Swami Lakshman Joo in doing this exercise you should perceive a "fire" shinning all around in the vacume of the skull. He says this is the energy of your consciousness and this is called urdhva-kundalini.

Frumens,

If it has your stamp of approval then we know it works!

energy7
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by energy7 »

Asurendra, I appreciate the information. I'm very new to all of this so I don't know the specific disciplines. I currently focus on the center of my mind all while not focusing at all (if that makes sense). Doing this quickly puts me in a trance like state. Sometimes specific things become clear to me, but generally I have an overall clarity. I always feel extremely peaceful yet energized when I'm done. Excited to try what you mentioned to see how it works for me.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

Asurendra wrote:Ramscha,

When Lord Shiva is referenced here it is referring to the Consciousness from which all things arise. In reality, this has no form because forms are objects and this is the eternal Subject which cannot be an object. The image of Lord Shiva that you are familiar with is only a form He assumes in HIs play of manifestation. All things are Shiva so even if you approach this as an abstraction (which can be harder for visualization) it is workable, or, if you have a chosen Deity which represents the Ultimate then use that.

Energy7,

According to Swami Lakshman Joo in doing this exercise you should perceive a "fire" shinning all around in the vacume of the skull. He says this is the energy of your consciousness and this is called urdhva-kundalini.

Frumens,

If it has your stamp of approval then we know it works!
Ah, I see. Thank you, I will meditate about that.
bye bye

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”