Buddhist Peace Fellowship

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Buddhist Peace Fellowship

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

The mission of the Buddhist Peace Fellowship (BPF), founded in 1978, is to serve as a catalyst for socially engaged Buddhism. Our purpose is to help beings liberate themselves from the suffering that manifests in individuals, relationships, institutions, and social systems. BPF’s programs, publications, and practice groups link Buddhist teachings of wisdom and compassion with progressive social change.

The Buddhist Peace Fellowship works for peace from diverse Buddhist perspectives.

Buddhist Peace Fellowship embraces a triple treasure of compassionate action – learning, speaking, and doing.

Speaking/Communication: Our public voice brings Buddhist teachings into conversation with situations in the world, inspiring and informing action for peace.

Learning/Community: Our trainings strengthen Buddhist leadership for peace, and build socially engaged Buddhist communities.

Doing/Collaboration: As part of the mandala of social change, we act in collaboration with other organizations and individuals, working together to cultivate the conditions for peace.
A link to the site is below:

http://www.buddhistpeacefellowship.org/

JohnTitor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Buddhist Peace Fellowship

Post by JohnTitor »

I am by no means oppositional to the idea nor group- though the site seems composed more of those activists that would shut down big oil and move to stop corporation- much as the hacktivist group Anonymous does through much more radical means. I may be missing the key factors of the site, but description does not match front page content, nor message. I assumed (this may be my problem here- assumption) that they would be more interested in bringing together those spiritually attracted or practicing Buddhism to varying degrees and seeking peace among themselves- for did the Buddha not teach the path to SELF-ENLIGHTENMENT through the eight-fold path? It appeared through description they would seek to unite this concept universally between each other by removing diversity and becoming a cohesive whole.
Creation is our gift, yet we seek only destruction. We have the ability to achieve greatness and mold our very existence into that which we desire- only to writhe in our perceived notions of existence and preconceived limitations set forth by our predecessors. Let us go forth together and create something wondrous and unique~
----------------------
"If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place."
Lao Tsu

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”