Become enlightened just by hearing a mantra!

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Become enlightened just by hearing a mantra!

Post by Frumens »

Hello occultists, a.k.a. sentient beings.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could attain the ultimate, supreme, perfect enlightenment without doing all that boring sutra studying and strenuous meditation? Well, now you can! Just watch this video, and if it moves you please share it with others.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Atzmuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Become enlightened just by hearing a mantra!

Post by Atzmuth »

No offance but couldnt watch without laughing
Last edited by Atzmuth on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no Lucifer to folow, no God to obey
There is no Hell for punishment, no Heaven for reward
There are no Demons to fear, no Angels to listen
There is you and your fate
Wake up Alice
You are in Truthland.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Atzmuth wrote:No offance but couldnt watch without laughing :D
Laughing is a sign of happiness. I'm glad that it made you happy!
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

I wouldn't say you get ultimate *anything* out of this.

To really gain the benefit of a mantra, you also need to understand the mantra itself. Though the vibrational frequency does have a certain effect on you, that only goes so far when the ideas of the words aren't clicking in your brain. Every syllable of a mantra hold certain ideas and emotions in it.

Those monks have been doing this mantra meditation for their entire lives. It's probably the ONLY mantra they use. Do you really think all of them have reached ultimate enlightenment? And even more, do you think that they don't do their fair share of study and schoolwork?
I can almost guarantee those men have studied more scripture this week than you have in your entire life.

IF ANYTHING, the mantra you would listen to to gain ultimate enlightment, is this one. And still, enlightenment doesn't just come to you with no work. You have to fight tooth and nail every step of the ladder of knowledge, battling yourself more than any other force in existence.
(If the embed doesn't work)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tEEgf_Ruc
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tEEgf_Ruc[/youtube]

This is the longest, single most powerful mantra in existence.
As long as one person can still speak this mantra, existence shall not end. It also has the ability to give many other abilities to the speaker, but just hearing it through is enough to invigorate every cell in your body to fight towards the Light.

EDIT: I can't figure out video embeds right now, so follow the youtube link. I should mention that this video is best watched/listened to while meditating with your eyes closed, and with headphones in. That will give you the full effects of the vibrational frequencies.
Like I said though, no single method of practice will get you to enlightenment, and once there, you must fight to remain in that state of being.
Last edited by Haelos on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

There seems to be 3 schools of though on this.

1. Words themselves have power. Simply by speaking them or hearing them something happens.

2. Someone who is very close to reaching a new state can be pushed over jut by reading or hearing the truth.

3. Nope. it is all in you. everything is just a tool to help you concentrate.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Haelos wrote: I can almost guarantee those men have studied more scripture this week than you have in your entire life.
It depends on the school/sect and also on the monastery in itself.
I can't answer for these monks, but I have studied at one myself and also participated in retreats with Theravada monks.

From what I experience there was a lot more silent meditation then reading.
Also, cleaning.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Desecrated wrote:There seems to be 3 schools of though on this.

1. Words themselves have power. Simply by speaking them or hearing them something happens.

2. Someone who is very close to reaching a new state can be pushed over jut by reading or hearing the truth.

3. Nope. it is all in you. everything is just a tool to help you concentrate.
All three of these are valid in their own ways.
The reason Sanskrit mantras hold so much power, is because the syllables of each letter produced in sound, also produce their written character. It really is a magick language.
All words have power, but not all words are Words of Power. All Sanskrit and Hebrew *IS*.

This second one could be a possibility, but like I said in my last post, that person took a long time to get to the path they are, and while they could be pushed over the limit with a simple mantra, the mantra alone is not the cause of the result.

This is also true to the fullest extent. Mantras are merely a tool.
But, to use a metaphor, just because an electric drill is only made for drilling simple holes, doesn't mean that the electricity running the drill is any less significant in the process.
There is a reason mantras work and have the effects the way they do. Our existence is in vibration.

EDIT: to your second post,
It is very dependent on the particular group you're with, and the practices you're following.
But, even before all of the silent meditation, there are many classes and the like which young monks go through before ever being a part of their rituals of group meditation. They must first learn proper technique, and the ideas behind why they are doing what they do, along with any cultural nuances that slip into each individual *religion* (I use this term loosely here, to mean a group who studies the same spiritual path)
And yes, cleaning is a huuuge portion of almost all of those eastern practitioners.
At least, the cool, humbling ones.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Haelos wrote:To really gain the benefit of a mantra, you also need to understand the mantra itself. Though the vibrational frequency does have a certain effect on you, that only goes so far when the ideas of the words aren't clicking in your brain. Every syllable of a mantra hold certain ideas and emotions in it.

IF ANYTHING, the mantra you would listen to to gain ultimate enlightment, is this one. And still, enlightenment doesn't just come to you with no work. You have to fight tooth and nail every step of the ladder of knowledge, battling yourself more than any other force in existence.

As long as one person can still speak this mantra, existence shall not end. It also has the ability to give many other abilities to the speaker, but just hearing it through is enough to invigorate every cell in your body to fight towards the Light.
The Shurangama mantra is sutrayana, while this video is tantrayana, so different rules apply. There are many different mantras and sutras that claim to be the most powerful thing in existence. The Shurangama is very powerful, but in order to make use of it you have to keep your precepts very closely. It also has a secret practice with mudras and visualizations that only ordained monks know about.

Those monks have been doing this mantra meditation for their entire lives. It's probably the ONLY mantra they use. Do you really think all of them have reached ultimate enlightenment? And even more, do you think that they don't do their fair share of study and schoolwork?
I can almost guarantee those men have studied more scripture this week than you have in your entire life.
This video contains a terma that was transmitted from Padmasambhava to His Eminence Gyalstab Rinpoche a few years ago, so they definitely haven't been chanting it their entire lives. Gyaltsab Rinpoche is the one who claimed that this mantra liberates through hearing alone. Mantras plant seeds inside of you that can purify karma, prevent bad rebirths, and ensure future enlightenment. There are various mantras, holy items, sutras, and practices in Mahayana Buddhism that have similar power. For example:

http://www.lamayeshe.com/index.php?sect=article&id=803
The reason Sanskrit mantras hold so much power, is because the syllables of each letter produced in sound, also produce their written character. It really is a magick language.
The mantra isn't Sanskrit or Tibetan. It's a holy language that doesn't exist in this world, although it does have the word dharma in the middle.
EDIT: I can't figure out video embeds right now, so follow the youtube link.
Copy the YouTube link and delete the equal sign and everything to the left of it. Then put the [youtube] brackets around it.

Delete the bolded part.
Last edited by Frumens on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 12 times in total.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Haelos wrote:
But, even before all of the silent meditation, there are many classes and the like which young monks go through before ever being a part of their rituals of group meditation. They must first learn proper technique, and the ideas behind why they are doing what they do, along with any cultural nuances that slip into each individual *religion*
In a perfect world, one would learn how to copy it perfectly and at the same time gain understanding of it.
In reality, you spend most time trying as hard as possible not to make a mistake on the single letter that you kinda forget to think about the meaning behind it. [happy]
It's hard to reach enlightenment when you worry about spilling the ink :D

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Frumens wrote:
Haelos wrote:To really gain the benefit of a mantra, you also need to understand the mantra itself. Though the vibrational frequency does have a certain effect on you, that only goes so far when the ideas of the words aren't clicking in your brain. Every syllable of a mantra hold certain ideas and emotions in it.

The Shurangama mantra is sutrayana, while this video is tantrayana, so different rules apply. There are many different mantras and sutras that claim to be the most powerful thing in existence. The Shurangama is very powerful, but in order to make use of it you have to keep your precepts very closely. It also has a secret practice with mudras and visualizations that only ordained monks know about.

This video contains a terma that was transmitted from Padmasambhava to His Eminence Gyalstab Rinpoche a few years ago, so they definitely haven't been chanting it their entire lives. Gyaltsab Rinpoche is the one who claimed that this mantra liberates through hearing alone. Mantras plant seeds inside of you that can purify karma, prevent bad rebirths, and ensure future enlightenment. There are various mantras, holy items, sutras, and practices in Mahayana Buddhism that have similar power. For example:

The mantra isn't Sanskrit or Tibetan. It's a holy language that doesn't exist in this world, although it does have the word dharma in the middle.
Copy the YouTube link and delete the equal sign and everything to the left of it. Then put the [youtube] brackets around it.

Delete the bolded part.

You're right, after actually watching the video more than 60 seconds in, I can tell they haven't been chanting this mantra for very long. They have extremely poor form, and the sounds of several members messing up ruins the whole over-all effect.

I apologize that I didn't know the specifics of this mantra or its teacher. I was speaking in general terms, for the most part. But the fact remains, you could say/listen to this a million times and it's won't do a thing for you if you don't understand it properly, and understand certain teachings in general.
You couldn't, say, play this mantra to a person who has never studied the occult, and never had any remarkable epiphanies in their time, and expect them to automatically unlock the deeper parts of understanding in their brains. That's just not how it works.

I would need to read what they're actually saying, but it really does sound like real language. Kind of like a mix of a few different Asian languages, and really sloppy sounding, as I said before.

Another thing I should note (that I'm sure you already know) is that most, if not all, (Sanskrit) Mantras have what is known as a "pin" that prevents just anybody from gaining the insight and wisdom of the phrase. To remove this "pin" requires the repeating of the mantra some thousands of times (if not more, depending on the mantra,) and properly gaining the insight as to what the mantra means through the active meditation.
Most monasteries only use and pass along one or two mantras, as trying to use many more than that won't achieve anything for you.

The website you shared, along with what you said about the person who created the mantra in OPs video, both sound more like they're selling Enlightenment than actually doing anything for you.
"Look at this line of Sankrit and be purified for eons"
Again, not how the real world works. Yes, vibrating the mantra while looking at/visualizing the characters give you a powerful effect. But it won't for anyone who doesn't know what they're doing, nor will it for anyone who doesn't have at least some experience in these types of things (feeling and using energy, etc.).
Like I said, they're trying to sell you the idea of enlightenment, by telling you it's easy, and that these simple mantras can do so much for you, with no effort on your part. No un-enlightened human in existence can look at a line of text and unlock Understanding.
While I agree with the ultimate point they're trying to pass off, the way they go about doing so is very impractical.

I use a couple of powerful mantras, and I've been using the same ones for years now. If there's one thing I like to think I know, it's how to use these magick phrases to achieve true Understanding.

Also, I was unaware of which video I really got, I just grabbed the one that looked most appropriate to what I remember finding before. However, all of the previous points I made still apply to the Surangama Mantra. This would be the quickest way to enlightenment, as OP seemed so desperate to share, but it would also be one of the most difficult, because understanding the sacred knowledge hidden in the pause between two syllables, in a piece this big, would take great skill and knowledge by the would-be learner.

That's another thing to really consider. The entire Sanskrit language is one big metaphor. How much hidden knowledge would most people assume to hide in the short phrase "I am that I am."?
Most people wouldn't even grasp the concept of that phrase, much less be able to apply it to their lives. There is more hidden in between lines of text than there is in the text itself. Learning to see the Truth is not an easy task, as so many would-be-chaote would like you to believe.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Haelos wrote:
Frumens wrote:

Delete the bolded part.

You're right, after actually watching the video more than 60 seconds in, I can tell they haven't been chanting this mantra for very long. They have extremely poor form, and the sounds of several members messing up ruins the whole over-all effect.

I apologize that I didn't know the specifics of this mantra or its teacher. I was speaking in general terms, for the most part. But the fact remains, you could say/listen to this a million times and it's won't do a thing for you if you don't understand it properly, and understand certain teachings in general.
You couldn't, say, play this mantra to a person who has never studied the occult, and never had any remarkable epiphanies in their time, and expect them to automatically unlock the deeper parts of understanding in their brains. That's just not how it works.

I would need to read what they're actually saying, but it really does sound like real language. Kind of like a mix of a few different Asian languages, and really sloppy sounding, as I said before.

Another thing I should note (that I'm sure you already know) is that most, if not all, (Sanskrit) Mantras have what is known as a "pin" that prevents just anybody from gaining the insight and wisdom of the phrase. To remove this "pin" requires the repeating of the mantra some thousands of times (if not more, depending on the mantra,) and properly gaining the insight as to what the mantra means through the active meditation.
Most monasteries only use and pass along one or two mantras, as trying to use many more than that won't achieve anything for you.

The website you shared, along with what you said about the person who created the mantra in OPs video, both sound more like they're selling Enlightenment than actually doing anything for you.
Again, not how the real world works. Yes, vibrating the mantra while looking at/visualizing the characters give you a powerful effect. But it won't for anyone who doesn't know what they're doing, nor will it for anyone who doesn't have at least some experience in these types of things (feeling and using energy, etc.).
Like I said, they're trying to sell you the idea of enlightenment, by telling you it's easy, and that these simple mantras can do so much for you, with no effort on your part. No un-enlightened human in existence can look at a line of text and unlock Understanding.
While I agree with the ultimate point they're trying to pass off, the way they go about doing so is very impractical.

I use a couple of powerful mantras, and I've been using the same ones for years now. If there's one thing I like to think I know, it's how to use these magick phrases to achieve true Understanding.

Also, I was unaware of which video I really got, I just grabbed the one that looked most appropriate to what I remember finding before. However, all of the previous points I made still apply to the Surangama Mantra. This would be the quickest way to enlightenment, as OP seemed so desperate to share, but it would also be one of the most difficult, because understanding the sacred knowledge hidden in the pause between two syllables, in a piece this big, would take great skill and knowledge by the would-be learner.

That's another thing to really consider. The entire Sanskrit language is one big metaphor. How much hidden knowledge would most people assume to hide in the short phrase "I am that I am."?
Most people wouldn't even grasp the concept of that phrase, much less be able to apply it to their lives. There is more hidden in between lines of text than there is in the text itself. Learning to see the Truth is not an easy task, as so many would-be-chaote would like you to believe.
Well, I guess it won't seem impressive if you lack faith. Gampopa said that if a hell being so much as imagines a Buddha and makes a small offering to it, that will put them on the path to definite future enlightenment. I think you took my initial post too literally. I was speaking in jest when I said you can have the ultimate, supreme, perfect, unsurpassed and complete enlightenment without without studying or meditating. The point is that being exposed to the mantra sets you on the right path.
I apologize that I didn't know the specifics of this mantra or its teacher.
No worries. [smile]
Again, not how the real world works.
You should read the Sanghata Sutra.
But the fact remains, you could say/listen to this a million times and it's won't do a thing for you if you don't understand it properly, and understand certain teachings in general.
So I guess you don't believe in animal liberation either? Poor animals...
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Frumens wrote:
So I guess you don't believe in animal liberation either? Poor animals...
Mu

Petrichor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Petrichor »

The first Tibetan mantra did nothing to me, it felt annoying to be honest. The second Sanskrit one had powerful effect right from the start. I find Sanskrit generally very powerful although I don't understand why. Once one of my friends said that mantras are spells or incantations and some are quite powerful. I've seen it many times with Indian ones but somehow I don't see it happening with traditional Tibetan ones. Does anyone can tell me why? Just curious what people think. Just for the context, I'm Slavic by birth and there's a strong common root between peoples of Eastern Europe and India, at least according to linguists. Also, can someone elaborate more on the idea of magickal languages? Herbrew and Sanskrit were mentioned but probably Runes could be thrown into the mix but those also, don't really resonate with me.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Petrichor wrote:I've seen it many times with Indian ones but somehow I don't see it happening with traditional Tibetan ones. Does anyone can tell me why?
The Tibetans usually pronounce mantras different from the original text. Lots of things that came into the mountains was by word and not by actual text. So there is bound to be some minor mistakes. And sometimes pretty large mistakes.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

@Desecrated - I'm not denying a lot of Buddhist and other meditative texts try and sell the idea of enlightenment to the lesser populace. What I'm saying is that I don't agree with it, and it really isn't the way to go when talking about things like mantras.

And my views on death and reincarnation are too extensive to discuss in this topic. If you're really interested in continuing this part of the debate, you can PM me and we can have a friendly discussion on the nature of Everything.

@Petrichor - I'm not sure if I mentioned this properly in my original post.
Some scientists took a machine that produces sound waves they can aim, and pointed it at a pile of sand. When they said/vibrated any letter or word in Hebrew or Sanskrit, it produced the exact characters used to represent it in writing, in the sand. This connection is what makes these two languages "Magickal," and to my knowledge, almost nothing else.

I've never really heard runic spoken, if it is spoken (That general area of the world is not in my expertise), so although it is a magickal written language, the power pretty much drops there. But then again, all written words are magick, just for the fact that they're written down.
I'm not fully aware of the power of runic characters, so someone more experienced in their style of use would be better in trying to explain what I can't.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Petrichor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Petrichor »

Haelos wrote:@Petrichor - I'm not sure if I mentioned this properly in my original post.
Some scientists took a machine that produces sound waves they can aim, and pointed it at a pile of sand. When they said/vibrated any letter or word in Hebrew or Sanskrit, it produced the exact characters used to represent it in writing, in the sand. This connection is what makes these two languages "Magickal," and to my knowledge, almost nothing else.
Can you prove it somehow? Like, maybe you have some links or other sources to back it up? Otherwise it sounds awesome and something to seriously think about but otherwise I have to remain sceptical and treat it as a rumour.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Petrichor wrote:
Haelos wrote:@Petrichor - I'm not sure if I mentioned this properly in my original post.
Can you prove it somehow? Like, maybe you have some links or other sources to back it up? Otherwise it sounds awesome and something to seriously think about but otherwise I have to remain sceptical and treat it as a rumour.
I do not still have the links to what I'd read. With enough searching I'm sure you could find the exact article, but there are plenty of similar experiments you could do for yourself, with the right monetary dedication.

I originally read an article written by some sciency website, although they linked to several other pages with similar research findings. After a precursory google search of a few of the names listed in the article, they seemed to reference legitimate scientists in their respective fields. From the research I did on the article itself, it seemed legit, but you have to go through such extreme lengths to make sure. You may very well prove my comments to be false, but given my collective knowledge, this is something I believe strong enough to push it as fact.
This wasn't posted in some occult website, I can leave you with that much. And from what I remember of other articles on their website, it was current, up-to-date science facts. But again, the freaking internet...
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Petrichor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Petrichor »

It's true though, at least on my personal experimental level, that there's something to Sanskrit for sure. It's such an interesting language. The only ancient language that I feel tempted to learn. I don't feel anything special with Hebrew although I employ it just because most rituals come with it. I don't know but I do feel that for a Westerner Latin and Greek feel special too. What do you guys feel about those European languages? Some interesting thoughts about Tibetan?

P.S. I know it's a bit off-topic now but it seems that the thread would be otherwise dead so I hope you don't mind!

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Hey. Haelos. Thanks for this one.... I could listen to it all day.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

akimbomoss wrote:
Hey. Haelos. Thanks for this one.... I could listen to it all day.
No problem. It's one of my favorite mantras, and although I'll probably never memorize it to recite myself, it's fantastic to listen to during meditation, or even as music.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

This thread has been requested to be deleted, and is under review. We will advise as soon as a decision has been reached as to whether it can be deleted. Thank you for your patience. [thumbup]

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

You did not give a reason.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

The request was made for personal reasons. We have reviewed this thread and decided that it doesn't warrant deletion, and will remain open. Please continue to follow Forum Rules in regards to its contents and it will continue to remain open. Thank you for your time. [thumbup]

Candy Ray
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candy Ray »

I thought it was the "please curse me" thread that was requested to be deleted, not this one.

Anyway, I wanted to say something about becoming enlightened through hearing a mantra. Many years ago I used to go to the Hare Krishna temple where they have this same belief; it is the Hindu version of it rather than the Buddhist. The ISKCON organization was based on the beliefs of the Gaudiya Vaishnavas from Bengal. The idea is that if you hear the Hare Krishna mantra many times it will transform you, and I think that's a very interesting idea, that sound itself can refine and purify human beings.

I did once experience an altered state, after a significant dream, in which I identified a kind of jumping off point in the middle of the Hare Krishna mantra which could send you into a samadhi state if you were ready to go into it. Unfortunately that awareness didn't last, it gradually faded.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

Return to “South East Asian Faiths”