LHP Societies

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Brother_Azrael

I've been a follower of the left hand path for quite a few years, and I feel the need to join a society/organization, etc. I've researched quite a bit about societies such as the Golden Dawn, OTO, Dragon Rouge, but I haven't found the right match for my beliefs. I tend to follow a theistic/traditional Satanic path, with a mix of chaos magick, and some good ol' mysticism. I'd like to find a place that would help me continue my progress and spritual growth. Any and all recommendations will be accepted with open arms and an open mind!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Original post: The Infinite WITHIN

I'd start reading about some well-known groups, make my own research here: and if you don't find anything that either intrigues you, or you resonate with: try creating a fluid group around your own studies/research. Get feedback.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

I've tried starting a small study and research group, but it's just as hard or harder to find enough people to start a group as it is to join an already established society with a reputation and lots of members to communicate with.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Original post: The Infinite WITHIN

How 'bout a group online?

you can communicate with others all around the world, study similar or different things, get feedback.

May I ask if, or why you might be leaning towards the idea that it might be necessary for you to find a society already in existence to do these things? (not saying you're "wrong", by any means, just trying to get a feel for why you believe it might be necessary or in your best interest to join a society with A Reputation)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Original post: Solomon

Have you looked into the IOT? Obviously a match for Chaos Magick, they also allow members to follow the LHP if they so choose.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

We'll, I feel that I am in need of some structure to my learning, and that's something I don't think I could compile myself. My head is filled with so many different occult teachings, philosophies, and theories that I feel I need some sort of learning structure to get my head out of the clouds and back on the ground again.

I've thought about starting some sort of group/society myself but I'm not quite sure I'm qualified to do such, as individual learning and experiences tend to be subjective.

Plus, you know, I want those secret society cool points :p

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Original post: flay

[QUOTE=Brother_Azrael;375185]We'll, I feel that I am in need of some structure to my learning, and that's something I don't think I could compile myself. My head is filled with so many different occult teachings, philosophies, and theories that I feel I need some sort of learning structure to get my head out of the clouds and back on the ground again.

I've thought about starting some sort of group/society myself but I'm not quite sure I'm qualified to do such, as individual learning and experiences tend to be subjective.

Plus, you know, I want those secret society cool points :p[/QUOTE]

Hello,
try http://www.yahoo.groups/group/mvimaedivm
aka the Temple of THEM.

We are the Australian Nexion of the ONA and teach a principled system of Black magic. You can download a free copy of the Self-Initiation Requirements from our lulu store, Oto Anorha - which requirements are all that are necessary to earn access to our group.

ISS,
f

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Original post: Athena

Er, that'd be: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nameofgroup :). Or perhaps that was supposed to be the first test one passes for membership...

Athena

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Original post: ArcaneWitch

LOL... I clicked on the link provided by flay and realized that before I found your post Athena... :)

The correct link for the group is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mvimaedivm/

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Original post: MrK

[QUOTE=Brother_Azrael;375086]I've been a follower of the left hand path for quite a few years, and I feel the need to join a society/organization, etc. I've researched quite a bit about societies such as the Golden Dawn, OTO, Dragon Rouge, but I haven't found the right match for my beliefs. I tend to follow a theistic/traditional Satanic path, with a mix of chaos magick, and some good ol' mysticism. I'd like to find a place that would help me continue my progress and spritual growth. Any and all recommendations will be accepted with open arms and an open mind![/QUOTE]

Sounds like you might like MLO. http://www.mlo-scandinavia.net/

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Original post: flay

[QUOTE=Athena;375225]Er, that'd be: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nameofgroup :). Or perhaps that was supposed to be the first test one passes for membership...

Athena[/QUOTE]

No, Athena, A simple mistake.

Jastiv
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Post by Jastiv »

I don't really think you need to join a group to find a curiculum. I guess if I was you (that I am not) I would go a head and buy one of those spiritual development books and do all the exercises in order just like they say. I think a group is more useful in terms of having other members. I guess it is also a matter of what you plan to use magic for and what you want out of life.

MutatedManger
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Post by MutatedManger »

Are any of you aware of any CENTER HAND PATH traditions,religions,belief structures,social societies/anti social societies?
Trying to find a TRUE center path

VenusSatanas
Benefactor
Benefactor

LHP Societies

Post by VenusSatanas »

try Buddhism, tao or the Golden Dawn
VenusSatanas Blog: http://www.spiritualsatanist.blogspot.com/
Theistic Satanism and Magick: http://www.spiritualsatanist.com/

~ I AM! I WILL! I CREATE! ~

Principessa
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Post by Principessa »

I wonder...why do you need a group/society/org whatsoever in order for you to evolve?Why to stick to one belief when you can evolve on your own...all you need is work on you path via magick,meditations etc and evolution will come...if you really want this not only a nice title from a VIP Organisation lol

Aliga
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Post by Aliga »

Principessa wrote:I wonder...why do you need a group/society/org whatsoever in order for you to evolve?
I've been thinking about joining a group too, and it's for two reasons: first, being totally self-taught, I want to see if there's anything I can learn from joining an organization, something that perhaps I missed.

Second, I want to do comparisons with others - it's one thing to compare and share notes and techniques with the few friends I have that practice, it's a wholly different thing to see people who have grown and learned the occult arts completely separate from my circles. I want to compare experiences, to see how others view and use magic.

So either way, it's a learning experience. Personally, I can't see myself staying with an organization to rise to the top ranks, but I can at least get myself into the *local* magical community.
A difference that makes no difference, is no difference.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Hail Eris!

Principessa
Forum Member
Forum Member

LHP Societies

Post by Principessa »

WEll, to be honest I've been thinking of joining some organisations myself BUT fortunatelly(or not) I have friends that are members in different orgs and they tell me of how many intrigues and how much the magick has been degraded due to these kind of intrigues...so I said...well its human nature after all and if I want to evolve I must do it by myself with or without an organisation...

Return to “Theistic Satanism”