Would this get me damned to hell?

OccultNoob
Forum Member
Forum Member

Would this get me damned to hell?

Post by OccultNoob »

I don't know how many of you saw my other posts but I'm a Christian and I was booted out of my church for being a lesbian. Well while I still believe in God I can't just turn the other cheek on this one. Believe me I have tried. But the more I think about it the madder I get. I'm not mad at God but I am mad at our churches priest. He is the one who felt the need to boot me out. I want revenge on him. [mad]

My girl friend is a second generation Wiccan and she told me curses are real but she doesn't use them because they tend to backfire. She told me to just let it go and karma will do the job for me. But I don't want to wait! Now I don't want to kill him or anything like that. I just want to give him a long streak of bad luck or something like that. Would that get me damned to hell? I am asking you Satanists (Mostly the Theistic/Spiritual Satanists) this because it seems like this sort of revenge would be your expertise.

azwyzard
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Would this get me damned to hell?

Post by azwyzard »

IM new here, but I think you need to take some time and let the anger cool. Anger and related issues arent a good basis for majic. At least, neopphyte majic.

I realize most christians dont believe things like majic exist, if you didnt believe it did before you left your church, why would you ask for help like this now? As far as being damned, since I dont believe it exists Id say no.
Never attribute to Malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

OccultNoob
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OccultNoob »

azwyzard wrote:IM new here, but I think you need to take some time and let the anger cool. Anger and related issues arent a good basis for majic. At least, neopphyte majic.

I realize most christians dont believe things like majic exist, if you didnt believe it did before you left your church, why would you ask for help like this now? As far as being damned, since I dont believe it exists Id say no.
Its not that I didn't believe in magic. Jesus used magic. Its just I didn't know people now a days could train themselves to use it.

Asmus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asmus »

OccultNoob wrote:
My girl friend is a second generation Wiccan and she told me curses are real but she doesn't use them because they tend to backfire. She told me to just let it go and karma will do the job for me. But I don't want to wait! Now I don't want to kill him or anything like that. I just want to give him a long streak of bad luck or something like that. Would that get me damned to hell?
Firstly, karma is often misunderstood. The concept of Karma is NOT "You do bad/good, bad/good happens to you respectively". The concept of karma is: "You perform an action, and you have done evil". Wikipedia is your friend here.

Nextly, no. The only thing that can get you damned to hell is proclaiming that you deny the holy spirit. According to *mark? may need some scriptural help here*, Jesus will forgive you for EVERY SINGLE SIN IMMAGINABLE, with the EXCEPTION of denying the holly spirit. That does NOT give you religious justification to commit atrocities; please remember that.

"Cursing" has a long history of not working. If you want revenge, I suggest leading a long and successful life. That's the best kind of revenge. Remember that, rascal.

Oh, some information you should know on hell and heaven: since our mind is the only thing capable of perception/cognition, and emotion/sensory is determined by not only the mind but by sensory components in our entire body, then there is NO RISK of you being burned alive for an eternity. Scholars who believe in the existance of a God believe that heaven is a place you go to if you want to be with God, and that hell is a place you go to if you do not. No penalties attached. After all, how could an all-loving, all-forgiving god damn people to hell for such trivialities as not worshiping him once a week? You're safe, friend. [yay]
Caro m' è 'l sonno, e più l'esser di sasso,
mentre che 'l danno e la vergogna dura:
Non veder, non sentir, m' è gran ventura;
però non mi destar, deh! parla basso.

OccultNoob
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OccultNoob »

Asmus wrote:
OccultNoob wrote:
My girl friend is a second generation Wiccan and she told me curses are real but she doesn't use them because they tend to backfire. She told me to just let it go and karma will do the job for me. But I don't want to wait! Now I don't want to kill him or anything like that. I just want to give him a long streak of bad luck or something like that. Would that get me damned to hell?
Firstly, karma is often misunderstood. The concept of Karma is NOT "You do bad/good, bad/good happens to you respectively". The concept of karma is: "You perform an action, and you have done evil". Wikipedia is your friend here.

Nextly, no. The only thing that can get you damned to hell is proclaiming that you deny the holy spirit. According to *mark? may need some scriptural help here*, Jesus will forgive you for EVERY SINGLE SIN IMMAGINABLE, with the EXCEPTION of denying the holly spirit. That does NOT give you religious justification to commit atrocities; please remember that.

"Cursing" has a long history of not working. If you want revenge, I suggest leading a long and successful life. That's the best kind of revenge. Remember that, rascal.

Oh, some information you should know on hell and heaven: since our mind is the only thing capable of perception/cognition, and emotion/sensory is determined by not only the mind but by sensory components in our entire body, then there is NO RISK of you being burned alive for an eternity. Scholars who believe in the existance of a God believe that heaven is a place you go to if you want to be with God, and that hell is a place you go to if you do not. No penalties attached. After all, how could an all-loving, all-forgiving god damn people to hell for such trivialities as not worshiping him once a week? You're safe, friend. [yay]
Thanks for the reply. I was just really pissed off when I made this topic. But after some rest I have calmed down some. I just kept thinking back to earlier that day when I walked by my past church and there were a few people I know standing outside it. Almost everyday people are at the church in my town. Well everyone even the people who use to call me friend shunned me. They didn't even look at me. Then the priest started saying something about not giving into temptation lest ye be cast out of heavens light and I knew he was talking about me. [mad]

Asmus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asmus »

Yes, well, don't mind those silly religious zealots. Most priests wouldn't know Jesus if he brought down some holy lightning to smite them. In fact, most atheists wind up knowing the scripture more than Christians, because they love using their own toys and tools against them. ::)

Honestly, though, what you're going through really.. well, sucks. Hard-core Christians seem to make a big deal about anything people do with their own lives. Lots of atheists kids "Come out" to their christian parents, and are shunned and abandoned. Just look at this poor wretch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM6BEGZ-spI --- While your case is special, and I myself cannot imagine what you're going through, take some comfort in knowing that you're not the only person out there whose life religion's destroyed. And if you still believe in God, no one can stop you from attending church. Honestly. Just show up. If they kick you out or say harmful things, they're just hypocrites. Churches are public places, and I do believe you can prosecute a church that discriminates against you, depending on where you live.

But maybe it's better if you worship your God in your own way. Or maybe give your new girlfriend's practice a shot. You never know, maybe you'll be a wiccan one of these days. Just don't be one of those silly wiccans... [rofl]

Good luck with your issues, and enjoy (and utilize) your stay on this forum! [yay]
Caro m' è 'l sonno, e più l'esser di sasso,
mentre che 'l danno e la vergogna dura:
Non veder, non sentir, m' è gran ventura;
però non mi destar, deh! parla basso.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

I don't think that "damning the Holy Spirit" can necessarily send you to "Hell" (which I don't really believe in anyway). I was once a Christian in a very close-minded church, and when I realised it was a lie and left it behind I deliberately "cursed" the Holy Spirit (as in, I just said "I curse the Holy Spirit" out loud), to cut myself off from the church and to resist temptation to return. I always believed in 'God' though, but I realised that "God, The Son and The Holy Spirit" were deformed, dogmatised man-made egos poorly representing the real forces. I don't use the word God. I say 'Universe' or 'Divine Source' and in studying earlier versions of biblical scripture (and similar belief systems) I found that this force I've believed in all along, this impossible-to-even-percieve beyond magical force was the real 'Holy Spirit', not that religious ego that the Christians had labelled it. And I know that in denouncing the "holy Spirit" I was denouncing that ego, not the real force. I still work with the Universe and am confident that I've not in any way "damned".

It's not good to take the words of Jesus and apply them to current Christianity. The "God" and "Holy Spirit" that Jesus spoke of was very different from what the church teaches nowadays.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

weezyfosheezy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by weezyfosheezy »

Hehe not a satanist or even know what it is, but if a church cast you out because you are a lesbian they will get retribution. Honestly I believe homosexuals are a metaphysical response to vast over population. As the Earth gets more people we need people who naturally will have 0 offspring (sounds bad but whatevz) and potentially take some of the strain by adoption which is more of a good deed the I can imagine. This will test your faith, but there are churches accepting homosexuals. Honestly I think the best way to get vengeance is simply let you plight be know, because if I knew that my church kicked out someone for how God made them I would immediately leave that church. It will hurt them, and imo they brought that on themselves.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

This.

Besides, revenge is generally counter productive, it's not like he's going to connect anything bad that happens with what he did to you and rethink his philosophy, and if he did make the connection it would probably just confirm his bigotry.

I know it's easy to feel trigger happy with the whole curse concept when you're pissed off, but take a few days to move on and you'll realize the best thing you can do is just learn from the experience.

Why would you want to attend a church led by a homophobic asshole anyway? Sounds like you're better off finding a new place of worship, or a new system of belief. Sadly homophobia is incredibly endemic in the christian population, I've known a few rational, open minded people to convert and then take up spewing all sorts of nonsense about gays, christianity is a powerful force for indoctrination, and, in my experience, corrupt through and through.

Somewhere along the way long before the 21st century, christianity was hijacked from the peace and love that Jesus preached to a narrow minded, spiteful, corrupting and spiritually crippling tool used to control the masses. Imo, you're better off with no Church, if you want to follow Jesus' teachings (which were generally well intentioned, if a little naive), do so by living a kind and charitable life and listen to the message he actually preaches, not the twisted version that comes out on the pulpit.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

That's unfair,but priests are human also...made of flesh and bones.Since your friend is a wiccan,you are allready familiar with the law of three...so...just let it behind you,my friend...if someone is to criticise you,that's God and only God.Have no fear or anger...spend your energy in all the wonderful things you dream to do in your life...take care.
Most people fight for the possible.
I fight for the impossible!

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Somewhere along the way long before the 21st century, christianity was hijacked from the peace and love that Jesus preached to a narrow minded, spiteful, corrupting and spiritually crippling tool used to control the masses. Imo, you're better off with no Church, if you want to follow Jesus' teachings (which were generally well intentioned, if a little naive), do so by living a kind and charitable life and listen to the message he actually preaches, not the twisted version that comes out on the pulpit.
True.My Grandmother used to say :" you can pray your whole life,or your whole life can itself be a prayer."

She was rather Gnostic in outlook.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Nahemah wrote: True.My Grandmother used to say :" you can pray your whole life,or your whole life can itself be a prayer."

She was rather Gnostic in outlook.
Thats a great saying, I like that a lot. [thumbup]

Very wise woman by the sound of it, your Grandmother.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

She was mate,I still miss her,but her words live in my heart and that means she is still with me.

She talked often of such things and I learned more about faith in action from her than any other source,Church and priesthood included.

MagiNimos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MagiNimos »

You could always protest the church, thru the internet or get the local LGBT group to protest with you, like across the street.

But since he is christian, and a Priest, he is riding the ego train of self righteousness, so it might not work.

but it is an idea.

Typhon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Typhon »

This is a somewhat touchy subject methinks, but my adive would be to ask yourself why you wanted to be a part of this church in the first place! Why not be happy that you're free from them, and find something that better suits your needs. Its obvious to me your way of thinking is very idiosincratic and wouldnt be accepted by most Xtian churches, but why care? [tongue]

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by biguns »

Oddly this thread is posted in satanist. If karma is true that means some psychopathic spirits or spirit made it out, just like the banking system. It lacks fairness how ever you put it out to be.

Do bad things in your past life you'll get punished until you correct the wrongings.... Yeah right come back in this life without knowing how you supposedly did wrong, just like inheriting debts and laws you didn't even agree with or didn't know. BS. All the while those that created the karma concept (under any damn name) are enjoying the big life with no consequence.

That being said, just let the damn church be as they are, it's not like they did something not according to their rules did they? I'd say leave that fake ass group of sorry addicted to guilt and fearing their god alone, it will be better for your spiritual and psychological health.

Zeon1985
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Zeon1985 »

The fact of the matter is that being same-sex oriented making you damned is an idea that is full of sh*t. Pardon the language, but this infuriates me.

My wife's mother was a lesbian. She died about two years ago, but has since been an off and on guide for my wife. She assured my wife that she was fine, and wasn't being sodomized on an hourly basis because of her attraction to the same sex. (FYI: her words exactly. She was always a bit fruity in a funny way)

Do not worry about damnation. The idea that same sex relations if a very out-dated philosophy that stemmed from generations of church goers fearing the unusual. These same people claim to be accepting, and yet make it a point to osticize people with different beliefs than their own. My wife for example tried studying... crap I can't remember the exact name. Anyways, this religion forbids women being in positions of power in the church, only allows a very small selection of teas to be ingested, forbids tobacco use, and also caffiene of any type.

These same people seemed to believe that my wife, because of her common sense and her bright aura (i've witnessed this aura first hand, but she also has an alternate persona that is very angry, vindictive, and dark). They wanted her to be a prophet of the church, but forbade her to give lessons for Sunday school.

Really?

In closing, anyone who tells you you're damned due to your gender preferance is either very misguided, closed minded, or an outright bigot who should be drug out into the street and beat with oranges.

Food for thought: the US Navy has repealed the ruling that gays and lesbians cannot be enlisted. True, they haven't given them any marriage rights, but I can tell you for certain that those rights will be instated in the coming years. (Honestly, it takes them a couple months to decide if a desk should be replaced. True story, it was my LPO's desk.)

Be true to yourself, obey the commandments, and I gaurantee that you will be perfectly un-damned.

Zeon

POSTER EDIT: Karna is real. It's a force that affects us for actions in our current life. It may be true that we were sent back into the cycle for repentance or otherwise, but our past actions have no consequence on our current life. Whoever said that is full of balogna. Just my two cents. My apologies if I offend anyone with my statements, but I'm not sugar coating my opinions and knowledges.
And when the eye of the storm arrives, the flock shall emerge and prepare, for though ultimate damnation await, they shall not give in to sorrow and despair, but look to the horizon with faith, perserverance, and determination.

Return to “Theistic Satanism”