Worshipping Satan

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Worshipping Satan

Post by szone »

I'm a worshipper of the Great Goddess Kali. Can I worship Satan along with Kali? Or does Satan demand worshipping him alone?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Worshipping Satan

Post by Desecrated »

szone wrote:I'm a worshipper of the Great Goddess Kali. Can I worship Satan along with Kali? Or does Satan demand worshipping him alone?
Ask her.

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by szone »

Desecrated wrote:
szone wrote:I'm a worshipper of the Great Goddess Kali. Can I worship Satan along with Kali? Or does Satan demand worshipping him alone?
Ask her.

No need to ask Kali because when we get initiated into her worship, we make no pledge that we shall worship her alone. But of course she is our main deity. Whereas as per JoS, during initiation into Satanism, we have to pledge that we shall worship him alone. That's why I'm askimg Satanists here (assuming there are real Satanists on this forum).

Matrozs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Matrozs »

Desecrated told you the best way to go about this . However , if you for some reason feel that you do not have yet a stable bond with Kali , or are not confident to ask her such things as of now then ask the person that initiated you.
There are people here from all coloros of occultism and as such you can find members that worship Kali .

There many different definitions for a ''satanist'' and many people on this forum don't endorse Satan as a standalone diety . I don't know what you mean by ''real satanists'' but I hope you do not mean any of the stuff from Joy of Satan ...
Vjalár mekrum wyrd hrywn.

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by szone »

Matrozs wrote:Desecrated told you the best way to go about this . However , if you for some reason feel that you do not have yet a stable bond with Kali , or are not confident to ask her such things as of now then ask the person that initiated you.
There are people here from all coloros of occultism and as such you can find members that worship Kali .

There many different definitions for a ''satanist'' and many people on this forum don't endorse Satan as a standalone diety . I don't know what you mean by ''real satanists'' but I hope you do not mean any of the stuff from Joy of Satan ...
What attracted me to Satanism was some of LaVey's thoughts which were so much like mine.Being new to Satanism, I found Joy of Satan website very informative. They talk of an initiation ritual where we have to write down a formal statement that we shall worship Satan alone, and sign the statement with our blood. I need opinion of Satanists regarding this.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

szone wrote:

worship him alone. .
Well there is your answer.

ulvfdfgtmk
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ulvfdfgtmk »

As Matrozs already pointed out there are many different types of satanists. LaVeyan Satanists are basically atheists so if that´s where you´re coming from I don´t see a reason why you can´t worship Kali and Satan. However JoS is theistic as far as I know.
I would suggest to gather more information and then decide for yourself instead of asking around. Making your own decision is an important aspect of satanism imo.

A great ressource for (theistic) satanism is http://theisticsatanism.com/.
Also I can recommend these two blogs: https://zalbarath666.wordpress.com/, http://infernaldialogues.blogspot.com.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Joy of Satan are run by idiots, ditch them at the nearest available opportunity.

Jumping around from God to God based on whim also doesn't end well.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Wait...even leaving the JoS thing aside, why do you need a group consensus to tell you that NO you shouldn't worship two deities when one of them requires a blood pact specifically agreeing not to worship any other deities? Do you dishonor all your contracts in life or just the ones you make with all-powerful beings? [confused2] [eek]
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse
the_spiral wrote:Wait...even leaving the JoS thing aside, why do you need a group consensus to tell you that NO you shouldn't worship two deities when one of them requires a blood pact specifically agreeing not to worship any other deities? Do you dishonor all your contracts in life or just the ones you make with all-powerful beings? [confused2] [eek]
Exactly! "Lo que se sabe no se pregunta" (What's known it's not asked)

Szone, you already know that you can't worship both, at least not in that type of oath. You would be breaking oaths either way. The JoS path won't work for you. If you want to worship both try to find another method or create another contract with Satan. You can't promise exclusive worship to one entity when you already worhip another. You will have to formaly end your contract with the latter first, because if you just stop, you might get in trouble. What's promised to a "god" must be kept. That happens even with ancestors and other desencarnated spirits.

A thing about oaths, promises and contracts is that in the spiritual world "news run fast". If you're an "oathbreaker" and don't keep your word, you won't just loose favor of the entities you misstreated, but also with new entities you'd like to work. They just won't answer to you because you "don't keep your words". Words are most important in magic

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by szone »

Thanks a lot all you learned folks, for very helpful insights and advice.
According to Indian mythology, Kali is the dark, fiery manifestation of the Universal Mother only. So I'm considering the possibility of worshipping Satan as the son of Kali. Both have similar characteristics. So I have to first explore the very roots of Satan, and see if any reference to him is made in Indian mythology. Very often, the same deity is called by different names across different cultures. As per the Indian mythology, there are over 70 million deities in the universe, out of which only a few hundreds are known to me.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

szone wrote:So I have to first explore the very roots of Satan, and see if any reference to him is made in Indian mythology.
Ask her.

ulvfdfgtmk
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ulvfdfgtmk »

Do what works for you I would say, but at the same time don´t make a commitment to worship just one god (like JoS suggests) if you worship multiple gods. That´s obviously silly [crazy]
That being said I agree with what Sypheara said. I heard that JoS copied their rituals from older/other traditions and heard that they work quite well but there political views are....questionable..

7Flames
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 7Flames »

That's not true... Joy of satan does not say that in making the blood pact you must worship satan alone. It says in doing the blood pact you must revoke all Judaic religions and devote your self to satan. I've heard one member mention that they warship Kali. None of the other members disputed their statement so it gives me the impression that they find it acceptable. Joy of satan holds to the belief that many gods from other traditions are the same as satans demons... Just been given another name. It doesn't make sense why you think that they promote monotheism... Everyone gets at least one guardian demon after all. I don't follow everything on their website but some things I do. I think they have a lot of useful information on their website and e books. Their community leaves much to be desired however... Not the smartest bunch and kinda hostile.

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

Joy of Satan is a dangerous joke.
Beloved of Set

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

7Flames wrote:Joy of satan holds to the belief that many gods from other traditions are the same as satans demons... Just been given another name.
Really? What a reductive and insulting belief. Not surprising though, given the source.

And I'd love to see you approach Kali as "one of Satan's demons under another name." No, really. Please do and let us know how it goes.

A dangerous joke, indeed.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

szone wrote:So I have to first explore the very roots of Satan, and see if any reference to him is made in Indian mythology. Very often, the same deity is called by different names across different cultures. As per the Indian mythology, there are over 70 million deities in the universe, out of which only a few hundreds are known to me.
I know Shiva and Kali have a particular relationship in Hinduism - that might be something worth looking into, particularly the creation story of Kali standing on top of Shiva's body.

Something else, and I hope I'm not throwing yet another monkey wrench into this, had you considered Babalon and by extension Ra Hoor Khuit? Babalon's essentially in so many ways our western version of the Kali Shakti.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by szone »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote:
szone wrote:So I have to first explore the very roots of Satan, and see if any reference to him is made in Indian mythology. Very often, the same deity is called by different names across different cultures. As per the Indian mythology, there are over 70 million deities in the universe, out of which only a few hundreds are known to me.
I know Shiva and Kali have a particular relationship in Hinduism - that might be something worth looking into, particularly the creation story of Kali standing on top of Shiva's body.

Something else, and I hope I'm not throwing yet another monkey wrench into this, had you considered Babalon and by extension Ra Hoor Khuit? Babalon's essentially in so many ways our western version of the Kali Shakti.

Thanks for info about Babalon, her description clearly indicates she is universal mother only. So much resemblance between her seal and Kali Yantra, both symbolising the great womb from which universe was born.

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by szone »

Perhaps I can write a blood pact honestly stating that Kali is my guardian deity and I also seek blessings and help of Satan in summoning the spirits? Or does the pact have to be exactly as it is stated on JoS site?

ulvfdfgtmk
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ulvfdfgtmk »

As far as I know, the more individual the pact the better. Being honest sounds like a good idea aswell.

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by szone »

ulvfdfgtmk wrote:As far as I know, the more individual the pact the better. Being honest sounds like a good idea aswell.
Thanks a lot for this advice. Yes it will be a personalised pact with complete faith. After all, Satanism itself opposes blind adherence to rules!

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

I don't think Set/Satan would be pleased by any sort of pact, especially not involving harming of the self for a blood ritual. I can't speak for Kali, but if you walk the proper path for your Self, and fight to isolate yourself from the mystical All, Set/Satan will be pleased.
Beloved of Set

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

Hadit, slight off question but on the same topic.

I've been thinking about the story of Set lately in the Egyptian context. He's the bringer of reincarnation (ie. the heart eaten in the all of judgement), he and 72 conspirators killed Osiris.

Could Set be another name for Adoni? (ie. divine Qabalistic name for Malkuth).
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote:Hadit, slight off question but on the same topic.

I've been thinking about the story of Set lately in the Egyptian context. He's the bringer of reincarnation (ie. the heart eaten in the all of judgement), he and 72 conspirators killed Osiris.

Could Set be another name for Adoni? (ie. divine Qabalistic name for Malkuth).
I don't see any connection between Set and Adonai, and Set would absolutely not reside in Malkuth. If not separated from the tree of life Set would inhabit Daath. He's also a god of the continued existence of the psyche, rather than of reincarnation. Ammut was the devourer of hearts, Set was a god of ascension.
Beloved of Set

ulvfdfgtmk
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ulvfdfgtmk »

Hadit wrote:I don't think Set/Satan would be pleased by any sort of pact, especially not involving harming of the self for a blood ritual.
How come?

Return to “Theistic Satanism”