Where to start?

Reven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Where to start?

Post by Reven »

I wonder, as I type this, if I am repeating a process done time and again.

I am looking for knowledge on theistic Satanism. I was hoping to get in touch with a group of people in my area, Toronto, but I gave up on that completely [crazy]

I really don't know much about the topic, just that god freaks me out and Satan was damn right to not be our slavery to light when he was born [rage]

Soooo... before you give me a message of "its out there for you to find" google has failed me. Most of what I find is LaVeyan Atheism. I'm swallowing my pride here. Point me in the right direction. Hey, maybe someone will even be able to give me the beginning of a trail whereas I can actually look someone in the eye and ask them why gods such an asshole. ;D

By that I mean, of course, what to look for to learn more about Theistic Satanism.

Thanks!
Flame replies require a 10 dollar deposit.

Reven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Where to start?

Post by Reven »

thanks. lol.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

I think advise is on point. You are mad at your God and want to worship what you were taught is its enemy. I might be wrong.

What is Satan to you?

VenusSatanas
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by VenusSatanas »

There are several good resources out there when it comes to theistic Satanism:
One of my favorites is Diane Vera's site, its been online for a long time, it is written well and easy to understand. Her writings should provide you with a good foundation. Diane Vera is well known and respected in the Satanist community. You can find her site here -> http://www.theisticsatanism.com

Another site that I would like to recommend is my own site, of course. I have put together a series of articles aimed at the beginner in Satanism.
You can find my website here - http://www.spiritualsatanist.com I also have a video series that may give you some additional insight, at http://www.youtube.com/VenusSatanas.

one of the things I always tell beginners is to start small and find what interests you, and then branch out from there. Start with the basics and at least read the Satanic Bible so that you have an understanding of modern Satanism and it's psychology. The spiritual side will be easier to understand from there.

Reven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Reven »

LoneWolf wrote:I think advise is on point. You are mad at your God and want to worship what you were taught is its enemy. I might be wrong.

What is Satan to you?
Interesting interpretation and I can see where I would have come out that way, and apologize as such.

I have no reason to be "mad" at god, therefore I am not. I read somewhere that Lucifer was made to bring light to the universe, and stated that he would not be slavery. That makes sense to me. Though, for reasons of not going off topic, I shall not explain why. Then: god slaps him with the proverbial pain stick. That makes me think gods an "asshole". I put it in quotes because I realized upon re-reading the post that I probably shouldn't swear on your forum. Its kind of a habbit. lol. instead read: odd. I shall endeavor to tame my language in the future.

On the topic of what is Satan to me, again I must apologize. I meant to portray that I know little - or none- on the topic of Satan. My quest is scholarly, I have read there is a large boom in Satanist philosophy, even to say it has branched in to many different forms. This has lead me to be very curious on what people believe: more specifically what is taught that the church does not teach. I looked briefly into the LeVayan philosophy and found, thus spoken quite publicly, many relations to atheism. That made me think it was not necessarily the... "genre" of satan worship I was looking in to. Though, that brings me to what was said later in the topic:
VenusSatanas wrote:
one of the things I always tell beginners is to start small and find what interests you, and then branch out from there. Start with the basics and at least read the Satanic Bible so that you have an understanding of modern Satanism and it's psychology. The spiritual side will be easier to understand from there.
So, I shall refuse my previous inclination (to believe that the LeVay form is not what I was looking for) and read the satanic bible! I might add, its initial philosophies (those that I have browsed already) are beautiful to ponder. I find myself exited to read it further.

On the topic of the other references I will most defiantly look at them, and thank you! my questions have been answered, and I leave the topic itself to the will of the moderators as I find my questions fulfilled.

Thank you, and have a wonderful existence of peace and love! [crazy]

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

I know you feel you got closure for your question, but I just wanted to add (for anyone who might read this thread who is in the same situation):

I've never read the Satanic bible, I made a pact with Satan organically/intuitively, without technical knowledge of Satanism. (Years ago I'd read some very basic info, in a "comparative religion" sort of way, but it didn't resonate with me.)

My experience of this pact has been spiritual marriage. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but through experience, Satan turned out to also be my internal twin flame, Kundalini, a Sirian alien intelligence, the Holy Spirit, Jesus, and every ghost, angel, demon, god, goddess, and other entity out there, no matter how light or dark.

I've never truly affiliated with any religion. I still don't consider myself a Satanist, even though I have a pact with Satan. I identify as a Kundalini mystic more than anything, but I'm not Hindu either. I think Satan (or whatever name you call it, depending on culture) is the agent that bestows functional, intuitive understanding of all religions, including Christianity. It's the key that unlocks it.

You mentioned slavery. I agree Satan is the way out of that. I compare Kundalini to the Underground Railroad.

JevinR
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JevinR »

Reven wrote:I wonder, as I type this, if I am repeating a process done time and again.

I am looking for knowledge on theistic Satanism. I was hoping to get in touch with a group of people in my area, Toronto, but I gave up on that completely [crazy]

I really don't know much about the topic, just that god freaks me out and Satan was damn right to not be our slavery to light when he was born [rage]

Soooo... before you give me a message of "its out there for you to find" google has failed me. Most of what I find is LaVeyan Atheism. I'm swallowing my pride here. Point me in the right direction. Hey, maybe someone will even be able to give me the beginning of a trail whereas I can actually look someone in the eye and ask them why gods such an asshole. ;D

By that I mean, of course, what to look for to learn more about Theistic Satanism.

Thanks!
Flame replies require a 10 dollar deposit.

www joyofsatan . org

I have met Satan and felt his presence, he is very VERY real. This site is legit

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

If you are more interested in Lucifer specifically, I recommend reading Lucifer princeps http://scarletimprint.com/books/lucifer-princeps/

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Joy of Satan is some weird, backward nazi group/site.. everytime they come up feel compelled to warn people about how dodgy they are.

Stay away from their logically and historically flawed information about satanism...

Rockdemons recommendation is good. Scarlet imprint are a good publisher!
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Return to “Theistic Satanism”