Contact "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver"

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Contact "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver"

Post by Desecrated »

On this weeks episode there was a segment about Alex Jones dressing like a satanist, and a comment from John Oliver that "tormenting the parents of sandy hook, should comfortable get you into the satanic club".

I think all satanists and satanic groups should contact the management of Last Week and inform them that this is incorrect.
Tormenting grief-stricken parents is not part of any satanic philosophy.

http://www.hbo.com/about/contact-us.html

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Contact "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver"

Post by Desecrated »

I just got word back from Church of Satan.
They are apparently working on it :D

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Good. John seems like the type of guy that would issue an apology to Satanists. I hope he does apologize on his show, that'd be a good laugh.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:Good. John seems like the type of guy that would issue an apology to Satanists. I hope he does apologize on his show, that'd be a good laugh.
I hope he brings it up and then rips on them as well. Most satanists have a great sense of humor. I'm sure he can get one or two of them into the studio dressed like alex jones or some other silly stunt.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Why? I'm pretty sure nobody thinks he's actually talking about members of Lavey's Church of Satan, and I'm certain that wasn't the intent. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Rin wrote:Why? I'm pretty sure nobody thinks he's actually talking about members of Lavey's Church of Satan, and I'm certain that wasn't the intent. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.
Because the joke can become even jokier if the satanists reply back.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Desecrated wrote:
Rin wrote:Why? I'm pretty sure nobody thinks he's actually talking about members of Lavey's Church of Satan, and I'm certain that wasn't the intent. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.
From an historians perspective the Church of Satan is particularly funny.From its 'Year One of the Satanic Era' as LaVey dates its invention,their analysis of the Pentagram and associated Baphomet symbols continue to propagate a pseudo history twisted to fit their philosophies.These are basically a blasphemous inversion of Christian ceremonies,rites and values-however much they attempt to detach themselves from the more famous religion.To divert attention from this,they try to forge pseudo-historical links to earlier forms of devil worship-including the Yezidi whom they say worshipped the Devil but without a shred of evidence to support that statement.

Satanism is dependant on Christianity because it is simply a reaction to it and its whole foundation is built upon the idea of a personified Devil.This idea was itself the invention of the Christian Church during the Early Modern period.Most of the masks and head wear worn by members of LaVeys organisation also relies upon Christian inspired ideas shown within medieval woodcuts and recorded in supposed testimonies of witches in the 16-17thC trials.

It seems fitting and somewhat ironic that,according to those who knew him back in the 'Bay' cafes and bars of the 60s,LaVey's list of 'Nine Satanic Sins' was a reflection of his own failures.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

violetstar wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
From an historians perspective the Church of Satan is particularly funny.From its 'Year One of the Satanic Era' as LaVey dates its invention,their analysis of the Pentagram and associated Baphomet symbols continue to propagate a pseudo history twisted to fit their philosophies.These are basically a blasphemous inversion of Christian ceremonies,rites and values-however much they attempt to detach themselves from the more famous religion.To divert attention from this,they try to forge pseudo-historical links to earlier forms of devil worship-including the Yezidi whom they say worshipped the Devil but without a shred of evidence to support that statement.

Satanism is dependant on Christianity because it is simply a reaction to it and its whole foundation is built upon the idea of a personified Devil.This idea was itself the invention of the Christian Church during the Early Modern period.Most of the masks and head wear worn by members of LaVeys organisation also relies upon Christian inspired ideas shown within medieval woodcuts and recorded in supposed testimonies of witches in the 16-17thC trials.

It seems fitting and somewhat ironic that,according to those who knew him back in the 'Bay' cafes and bars of the 60s,LaVey's list of 'Nine Satanic Sins' was a reflection of his own failures.
I can't remember if it is in The Devil's Notebook or Satan Speaks!, but he is pretty honest about the fact that he had some sort of black magic circle going on before church of satan that was basically based on the idea "normal" people thought black magic to be, and that the church of satan and the satanic bible is pretty much something he wrote because people wanted to read just that. Everybody assumed there was a satanic bible, so he wrote something that would fit that.

The problem, and why satanism becomes interesting is because he didn't straight up do that. If the satanic bible was just an anti-bible. I don't think it would have become as popular as it is today. The satanic bible and especially the satanic witch are at parts absolutely hilarious and well written kinda common-sense philosophy mixed with ayn rand and the odd sprinkles of Crowley.

And the interesting part in this situation is that the church of satan actually has a code of ethics and a sense of morality that far surpasses assholes like alex jones and other alt-right celebrities.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

" can't remember if it is in The Devil's Notebook or Satan Speaks!, but he is pretty honest about the fact that he had some sort of black magic circle going on before church of satan that was basically based on the idea "normal" people thought black magic to be, and that the church of satan and the satanic bible is pretty much something he wrote because people wanted to read just that"

Des,I would like to believe that but its far more likely he invented that too.In the light of LaVey having blatantly lied about everything from his own family roots,his accounts,his 'Doctorate',his celebrity meetings,his properties,the number of his followers,his links to the film and music industry,his career within the police force....

Crowley was a liar,plagiarist and fraud but compared to LaVey he seems rather Saintly!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

violetstar wrote:" can't remember if it is in The Devil's Notebook or Satan Speaks!, but he is pretty honest about the fact that he had some sort of black magic circle going on before church of satan that was basically based on the idea "normal" people thought black magic to be, and that the church of satan and the satanic bible is pretty much something he wrote because people wanted to read just that"

Des,I would like to believe that but its far more likely he invented that too.In the light of LaVey having blatantly lied about everything from his own family roots,his accounts,his 'Doctorate',his celebrity meetings,his properties,the number of his followers,his links to the film and music industry,his career within the police force....

Crowley was a liar,plagiarist and fraud but compared to LaVey he seems rather Saintly!
It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was fake. That is kinda the beauty of the man. He actually gives instructions about being dishonest and lying. And then people get upset when they find out that he did.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

In case they get really angry....

EXORCISM (LATIN & ENGLISH)
This is a prayer against Satan and his rebellious angels. It was published by the Order of His Holiness Pope Leo XIII. †
(Original Latin)
Exorcizamus te, omnis immunde spiritus, omni satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica, in nomini et virtute Domini nostri Jesu Christi, eradicare et effugare a Dei Ecclesia, ab animabus ad imaginem Dei conditis ac pretioso divini Agni sanguini redemptis.
(English Version)
We cast you out, every unclean spirit, every satanic power, every onslaught of the infernal adversary, every legion, every diabolical group and sect, in the name and by the power of our Lord Jesus Christ. We command you, begone and fly far from the Church of God, from the souls made by God in His image and redeemed by the precious blood of the divine Lamb.
Roman Ritual, 1952.

This is from the St. Benedict Exorcism Medal:
(Original Latin)
Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Nunquam draco sit mihi dux. Vade retro Satana! Nunquam suade mihi vana! Sunt mala quae libas. Ipse venena bibas!
(English Version)
May the holy cross be my light! May the dragon never be my guide. Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

BTW

How do we study somebody like laVey?
We can't trust his own writings, and everything else we know about him comes either from people he pissed off, or his (perhaps equally if not more fucked up) disgruntled daughter.

Is there anything we can actually write about him in a historical sense that isn't just hearsay and rumors?

How do you scientifically study something when there are no sources?

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

Yes its a big problem as you point out.Legal records are safer such as his wifes lawsuit and Bankruptcy proceedings:

Hegarty v. LaVey (San Francisco Superior Court Case #891863), Anton LaVey Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern California, Case #91-34251

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

violetstar wrote:
Roman Ritual, 1952.
They've changed it again. I think the latest version is from 1999 but wasn't published before 2004, but the last pope issued a 'motu proprio' in 2007, And I honestly haven't read it.
Get the Philip T. Weller's translation of the ritual of 1964, in three volumes. It's 150 dollars with shipment and weighs like 5 pounds.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

I will put it on my Xmas wish list [sadface]

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

violetstar wrote:Yes its a big problem as you point out.Legal records are safer such as his wifes lawsuit and Bankruptcy proceedings:

Hegarty v. LaVey (San Francisco Superior Court Case #891863), Anton LaVey Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern California, Case #91-34251
I will check it out. But the Online Services of Superior Court of California isn't working at the time.

http://sfsuperiorcourt.org/online-services

Return to “Theistic Satanism”