Demons

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

wingsdefeu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by wingsdefeu »

I know this is somewhat out of the blue. But how do you kill a demon?

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

Ok, not to be a spoilsport but if you need to ask that question then you shouldnt know the answer. If you dont know how then in all likelyhood you are not strong enough to do it, and any attempt would result in you being severely injured or killed. Maybe start with something weaker and work your way up?

wingsdefeu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by wingsdefeu »

Without being catty, I'm aware of the difficulty and danger involved and I'm not out looking for one. I do know a couple ways to do so, but I was curious what the general consensus on the matter is, just to see what others think and what, perhaps, is the most effective method.

wingsdefeu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by wingsdefeu »

And for curiosity's sake, what do you suggest that's smaller?

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

Alright, here are some scrying/scanning/RV pointers, they will point at some astral beings that might be good combat practice.

*pointer1*
*pointer2*
*pointer3*

wingsdefeu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by wingsdefeu »

Are they links? If so they are not enabled... Thank you :)

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

No, they are mental pointers, you focus on them and they point you to the beings you are to scry/sense/scan.

wingsdefeu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by wingsdefeu »

Just stare and focus? And how do I scry?

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

Scrying/sensing/scanning is one of basic magical abilities, if you do not know how to do that then look around, im sure it was covered somewhere on this forum.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Nahemah »

Depends on what you believe a 'demon' to be,wingsdefeu.What does Demon mean to you?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

wingsdefeu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by wingsdefeu »

Also a good point. How do you define demon? As far as I'm concerned, demons are being that have either by accident, by intent, or by the summoning of someone here been brought into our dimension. What purpose they serve here and the things they do here are completely dependent on them. Plenty kill for energy or do other heinous things, some just exist here lost, some try and do good. They are not inherently bad though many are.

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

Hah, that's a very broad definition. First of all i'd have to ask what you are reffering to when you say "our dimension". Regardless of that though, your definition, as it stands now, includes a huge amount of completely different beings of different races and origins and such.

wingsdefeu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by wingsdefeu »

Perhaps. But then how do you define demon?

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

What is generally known as a demon is a member of a certain species of astral(and the neighbourhood) inhabitants. They live, mostly, in the areas/group of astral(and neighbourhood) subplanes that is today known as "hell". Which, of course, has nothing to do with after life, "fallen angels" or YHVH in general. Their primary elemental tendancies are fire and earth. Their "lower mental functions" or instinct, intuition, "emotions", primal urges and such are much more infulential in their lives than "higher functions" like logic, reason and such. Their base energy pattern is characteristic and easily recognizable and is really the only simmilarity that the various subspecies have. In reality, presence of this energy patterns is how we identify a being as demonic.

That said, i really dont see why we are even talking about this, project and go see for yourself. *pointer* (to a random area inhabited by demons)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Nahemah »

Thanks wingsdefeu,I wanted to know if you believed demons to be external entities or internal.There are many beliefs,systems and models of magick, so it helps to know how you define such beings.

There are various possible definitions and labels,one paradigm's 'demonic beings' may not be seen the same way as anothers.

For me,'slaying demons' means battling with the subconscious/unconscious aspects of the self or another person,that are undesirable or causing problems to manifest.The way to do this,for me, is by Self Individuation processes/Shamanic journeying.

I work with psychological models of magick.Individual mileage may vary.

I believe spiritual entities can be external also,that they can become independant of human attachment for various reasons.
These beings have never troubled me,however,so I 've never felt the need to battle or slay such.

@Pyarun,what's the deal with these 'pointers'?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

scrying pointers are the equivalent of remote viewing coordinates.

darkwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by darkwolf »

Interesting. Someone who embeds dimensional trackers in text. Not very good ones (2 of your "links" realised and severed it), but still, interesting.

Anyway, wingsdefu, your definition is, sadly, too broad for any effective dissertation on combat techniques. Cultural demons (fallen angels, oni, that sort of thing) generally leave me alone and I leave them alone. They take the long view, after all, and aren't interested in speeding things up. It amuses me when people cry "DEMON!" to every little supernatural thing, because I just think "Oh, yeah, they're going to scare the bejeezus out of you to drive you to hell, instead of just patiently waiting... shyeah right!"

Anyway, interesting topic.

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

darkwolf wrote:Interesting. Someone who embeds dimensional trackers in text. Not very good ones (2 of your "links" realised and severed it), but still, interesting.
Hum, no offense to you but maybe you should check that again. Taking into account possible personal bias i had someone else (a blind tester) test the links and they still point where they're supposed to.

darkwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by darkwolf »

How very odd... they're all of the same format, so I can't be reading them wrong (reading them exactly the same way for all three) ... ah, well, maybe I have...

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Nahemah »

This topic is in beginners info.The clue there,is 'beginners'Pyarun.

Tell you what I see,I see words and that's all.I'm not going to focus or scry on them and I don't think wingsdefeu or anyone else who may not be that knowledgable,should either.

We should learn to walk before we try to run.

Wings is asking questions,that's healthy and a big part of what forums are about.However it's a bit much expecting him/her to scry,or look for active combat astrally,given that this is a beginners question asked in this folder.

Wingsdefeu,look around,google Demons/Demonology,you'll get lots of information and articles and you should read as much as you can,ask more questions and check out books and other sources also before attempting any practical works.I'm sure I'm being captain obvious in saying that,but I 'm saying it anyway,lol.

I don't work much with demons,so I can only be of limited use here,VenusSatanas,is a Spiritual Satanist and I'm sure she has linked her web site on this forum elsewhwere,but here it is again:

http://www.spiritualsatanist.com/

There is a ton of info here and you can talk with those who do work within Demonology/Demonolatry.I highly recommend looking and reading around the site.

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

darkwolf wrote:How very odd... they're all of the same format, so I can't be reading them wrong (reading them exactly the same way for all three) ... ah, well, maybe I have...
It's true, they're the same format but the beings behind them are different. You know what i mean? They have a different "constitution" so once the link points you to where you should look then you could try different things to actually percieve the being itself.

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

Nahemah wrote:This topic is in beginners info.The clue there,is 'beginners'Pyarun.

Tell you what I see,I see words and that's all.I'm not going to focus or scry on them and I don't think wingsdefeu or anyone else who may not be that knowledgable,should either.

We should learn to walk before we try to run.

Wings is asking questions,that's healthy and a big part of what forums are about.However it's a bit much expecting him/her to scry,or look for active combat astrally,given that this is a beginners question asked in this folder.
I strongly believe in learning by doing and encouraging new people to try stuff out for themselves.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Nahemah »

"I strongly believe in learning by doing and encouraging new people to try stuff out for themselves."

I agree,to a certain extent.However this forum has archives with slews of topics from folk needing help who got burned by diving too far and too fast into practices they didn't yet grasp or understand the potential consequences of...I urge caution out of concern for this factor.

Dabbling can be fun,but would you hand a loaded shotgun to someone who's never handled one before? I wouldn't...or in Glaswegian: jiggery comes a'fore pokery! [dancing before fighting]

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Demons

Post by Venefica »

Ok first off all what sort of Demon are we talking about here, there are allot of types, fallen Angels in Christian mythology, negative Spirits and supernatural beings in Shinto and so on. Now I am not so sure you can kill any sort of Demon, they are pure Spirit, pure Energy. Demons can be banished, but that do not kill them how do you kill something which is not alive in the Traditional sense? How do you kill Energy? Now you can certainly banish or trap a Spirit, but to completely destroy it, while it is possible, that is some very, very advanced stuff. One of the governing principles of this universe is that Energy never get destroyed, it just changes form, to kill a Spirit you have to break that very basic law of nature.

Now that is not beginners stuff, now that would be like being a complete beginner in chemistry and go into a forum and ask how you should handle uranium. If you have a problem with a Spirit, banish it that solves the problem without having to resort to breaking the laws of nature.
Also a good point. How do you define demon? As far as I'm concerned, demons are being that have either by accident, by intent, or by the summoning of someone here been brought into our dimension. What purpose they serve here and the things they do here are completely dependent on them.
So if someones dear departed grandmother happened to come into this dimension to watch her grandchild sleep that is a Demon in your definition? Spiritual Guides, Ascended Masters, Animal Guides, Gods, Casper the Friendly Ghost all Demons?
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Pyarun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demons

Post by Pyarun »

Nahemah wrote:Dabbling can be fun,but would you hand a loaded shotgun to someone who's never handled one before?
I completely agree with you, and of course i wouldnt. However, scrying and scrying pointers are in no way dangerous. As for the beings i pointed to, they are also way less dangerous than any sort of demon. I was suggesting them as a good, safe, alternative to fighting demons. Well safe-er anyway.

=========================================================================
Venefica wrote:Now that is not beginners stuff, now that would be like being a complete beginner in chemistry and go into a forum and ask how you should handle uranium.
I completely agree with you on this point, which is why i said:
Ok, not to be a spoilsport but if you need to ask that question then you shouldnt know the answer. If you dont know how then in all likelyhood you are not strong enough to do it, and any attempt would result in you being severely injured or killed.
-------------------------------------------------
Venefica wrote:Now I am not so sure you can kill any sort of Demon, they are pure Spirit, pure Energy. Demons can be banished, but that do not kill them how do you kill something which is not alive in the Traditional sense? How do you kill Energy? Now you can certainly banish or trap a Spirit, but to completely destroy it, while it is possible, that is some very, very advanced stuff. One of the governing principles of this universe is that Energy never get destroyed, it just changes form, to kill a Spirit you have to break that very basic law of nature.
They are energy, yes, but they also have minds, destroying their minds would be a very effective way to kill them. Also energy or matter, a body is a body, they have bodies, and these bodies have some vital functions. Different than humans, different than physical beings, granted, but vital functions none the less. Disrupting these vital functions, severely, does the same thing to a demon that it does to a human. And of course the energy itself is not destroyed, but neither is matter when we die.

Return to “Beginners Info”