The ramifications of alter-ego suicide?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Xrenity
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Xrenity »

Eminem wrote:"Well since age 12 I've felt like I was someone else, cause I hung my original self from the top bunk with a belt..."
Say someone actually tried this, in a ritual-symbolic sense--not physically attempting suicide, but in the privacy of their own room conducting a ceremony/thought experiment type thing where they split the "old self" from their physical body and that "old self" they willed to hang itself, making way for a "new self" or alter ego(?) they had been building and strengthening in their mind for a long time. And it seemed to have worked.

Are such things even metaphysically possible? If they are, then what's the mechanism by which they work, and what are the ramifications of doing something like that? Then, say that "alter ego" (by which point it's not an ALTER ego, but internally who that person is) annihilates itself also, leaving the physical body of the person who opened this can of worms in the first place. The "new-self" just died, the "old-self" has also been dead for several years, so what's keeping this person alive in a spiritual, psychological sense?

I'm asking because, well, I was possibly one stupid, stupid preteen dabbler who got in way too deep.

Metaller
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Metaller »

yep... you probably lost the essence while you were thinking.
the process you described is teorically and practically possible. just think of how familiars work. they are entityes who are created and bound to an object, I have one too in my ring. the point is that if I were to die and leave my body forever, my familiar wouldn't follow me in the process. he would be alive in the ring forever until someone frees him from it. so if a chaote is tired of living and wants to give his body a better future he could create a spirit with his same basic character and perfect it until it becomes better than him, then he could easily bound it to himself making his body hold both souls, then he could kill himself magically or have his familiar do it and voilà, you have a body controlled by a different soul created by the previous one to be perfect. no one would notice the difference because they share their memories and the familiar would be an even better chaote than his creator for he is a spirit created directly in the astral plane.

I think that this kind of practice is a little extreme, only a desperate man could try it seriously, but I often use a more moderate variation of it. my familiar possesses me while I go in the astral plane so that my phisical body continues to move and is able to defend itself while I'm away, but I don't die because I come back and my familiar is trustworth and under my control and is not interested in living an eternal life alone in a ring without me so he always let me come back.
A: I think pigeons will rule the world with their advanced technology
B: naaaaaah!!! I'm not bored enough to do that

alex nero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by alex nero »

I believe suicide is a one way trip,so one must be certain it is the only option,and then only chosen to end pain and suffering.As a means of "attaining higher enlightenment",that is unproven,unlikely,and cowardly at the least.I say,be tough,stick it out,and spit in lif'es' eye and say "I am !"

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

I am sorry I have not read the entire thread, I am answering the first post in the thread.

Many cultures have had ritual deaths as part of their religious lives, many occultists practice it today as a way to have the old life die to recreate oneself as a new person, I doubt that it matter if that ritual death is the result of suicide or being killed off in other ways, what matters is the ritual death of the old self. I think such ritual deaths can be a very powerful tool to change one's life, however I also think one should think well before doing this as one is in effect killing of a part of ones being and you want to be sure you really want to do that before taking that step.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Return to “Beginners Info”