Purpose/meaning of the Tarot Contemplation Ritual?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Purpose/meaning of the Tarot Contemplation Ritual?

Post by Muloc7253 »

I tried this for the first time today, having bought Kraig's Modern Magick last week. In my head, both consciously and subconsciously I'm stressing out over something terrible that could potentially happen within the next few weeks (something specific that I don't want to go into detail about here). I did the Relaxation Ritual (although, of all four times I've done this, this was the least effective, with the least amount of pre-ritual/post-ritual change...I have a lot on my mind that I'm worrying about and think it was definitely a factor, more difficult to focus).

After this I immediately did the Tarot Contemplation Ritual (following Kraig's directions, Relaxation first then Tarot Contemplation, LBRP coming later) and drew The Tower. This is the last card I wanted to see, however, I'm not entirely sure what this means. Does it mean that there is catastrophe, corruption etc. approaching for certain, or is it perhaps revealing how I am personally feeling inside, showing my fears? Should I see this as confirmation of the worst to come, or a confirmation from the spiritual world of my own fears? Did my anxious feelings/fears draw this card to me, or is it a straight indication of what is to come (assuming I stay on the same path so to speak)?

Of course, with the fact that my mind's pretty hectic and I'm feeling rather drained, it could well mean very little - Kraig mentions (in regards to other practices, like a standard major arcana reading) that I'll probably have little accuracy to begin with due to my inexperience (comparing it to riding a bike or swimming) so is that worth considering? I know some take this view point whilst others will say no, it should work from the get-go.

Thanks for any insight
In love
Colum
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

jimmyjames
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Purpose/meaning of the Tarot Contemplation Ritual?

Post by jimmyjames »

I am on the third month of using Kraig's Modern Magic book. I have found that for me the value of the Tarot Contemplation Ritual at first was learning the cards of the magor arcana. When I began the LBRP my TCR became a more accurate representation of my day or experiences. In general I wouldnt worry about pulling The Tower for your first card. I pulled The Tower the first time I tried the TCR too. I also found that spending extra time on the RR helps a lot. If your distracted and your mind is wandering during the RR you aren't going to get much from the TCR either. Keep following the book. I have grown a lot over the past 3 months using the lessons in it not only magically but in my mundane life as well. Don't try to skip ahead. It is a chapter a month in lessons and that is plenty fast enough.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Purpose/meaning of the Tarot Contemplation Ritual?

Post by Muloc7253 »

Thanks very much.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Return to “Beginners Info”