Sigil magick advice needed

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Sigil magick advice needed

Post by szone »

I had considered invoking spirits earlier, but the feedback I received in my earlier thread points to risks involved in such invocation. So now I'm thinking of sigil magick as an alternative. I went through the methodology for the same, and I have some questions about it, I request you more experienced ppl here to answer these concerns of mine.
Firstly, does sigil magick really work? I'm asking this because sigil magick appears to be too simplistic, almost like a fun game.
Secondly, can I state multiple objectives in a single sigil, or only one objective per sigil?
Thirdly, do I have to draw sigils based on English words only? My native language is 'Kannada'. Can I draw a sigil based on Kannada words?
Plz advice, thanks!

Ekatl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Sigil magick advice needed

Post by Ekatl »

From personal experience, I can tell you it works quite well. It's not complicated, yes, but magic doesn't need to be, really. Just try it for yourself. You might want to experiment by picking something that you don't care about so much, so you can forget after firing it up, and be more effective.
I would probably say one really specific objective. Be sure to be specific and clear in your intent.
And you can use whatever language you want, really, given how when you finalize the drawing of your sigil, it will be at the point where you won't be able to read it anyhow.

szone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by szone »

Thanks a lot for helpful advice! [smile]

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Get your hands on a copy of the book Liber Null and Psychonaut by Peter Carroll. That book details sigil magic in detail, starting with the very basic. There should be copies in your local occult bookstore, or failing that, Amazon stocks it.

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Sigil magic works, and it seems to work BEST with a single intent/purpose. It can be written in any language, or none at all. My first and, to this day, most powerful sigils were just doodles that I made up in.. 1st grade?

vethorr
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by vethorr »

Yes, better to stick with one clearly stated objective but language shouldn't matter. It is all about your intention.

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Madavascus »

1) Yes, Sigil magic works. But like every magical art, it requires that you enter a state of gnosis, that is, as Carroll defines it in The Octavo, a "state of single pointed awareness wherein virtually everything else in the universe disappears."
2) I think most would agree that in magic, the more concise you can be in your intention, the better. Restricting the range of desired possibilities issuing from your magical act is usually not recommended, unless you have ethical reasons to do so.
3) Language is of no consequence. However, if you personally feel a language has more "magical power" to it (as some do for Latin, Greek, Sanskrit, and Hebrew), by all means, use these languages to abstract your desire.
Incipit Chaos!

Return to “Beginners Info”