Looking for pratical material

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Fragolo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Looking for pratical material

Post by Fragolo »

Hello [yay]
I've read Prometheus Rising and The Apophenion very interesting reads, i'm looking for something pratical, something that doesn't require objects, possibly something that will give me fast results even if small.

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Looking for pratical material

Post by dodaive »

Promethean rising looks great i am going to check it out. I need to read a little bit to see what you're looking for. Is there a specific part of Prometheus Rising that you are interested in?

Fragolo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Fragolo »

I found those books hard for me, i could grasp the general concept behind everything but not details.So my level of understanding is small.
Anyway i'm interested in Re programming my mind to allow to create the reality i want to live in.
I'm interested in things that i can do with my brain, without rituals that need objects.

misstaken
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by misstaken »

Fragolo wrote:I found those books hard for me, i could grasp the general concept behind everything but not details.So my level of understanding is small.
Anyway i'm interested in Re programming my mind to allow to create the reality i want to live in.
I'm interested in things that i can do with my brain, without rituals that need objects.
May I suggest Visualisatin by Jan Fries. I haven't read the books you mentioned in your initial post, but I've found this book most accommodating. I do not practice with any rituals or objects, I utilise my sub-conscious mind in visualising my energy....and the rest, as they say, is magick!

Taiyounoryu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Taiyounoryu »

Honestly, a good book is the Psychic Vampire Codex or any other book that deals with Energy Work.
While the book has alot of bullshit about her "house" it has a good little bit about energy work in it. I find energy work to be very practical and it doesnt require any objects or crazy over complicated rituals. Energy work is a good base for any form of magic. I think it really does teach foundations that can be used in any practice or paradigm. Good luck with everything! :)

wazzup
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by wazzup »

misstaken wrote:
Fragolo wrote:I found those books hard for me, i could grasp the general concept behind everything but not details.So my level of understanding is small.
May I suggest Visualisatin by Jan Fries. I haven't read the books you mentioned in your initial post, but I've found this book most accommodating. I do not practice with any rituals or objects, I utilise my sub-conscious mind in visualising my energy....and the rest, as they say, is magick!
Hi misstaken, I'm new here, [yay] , but I think the book you're thinking about is actually called "VISUAL MAGIC" by Jan Fries. Couldn't find a book by him called Visualization.

Although it's a bit "fluffy" in concept, the actual content of "Energy Essentials by Mya Om, is relevant for doing energy associated visualization. You just need to adapt it a little to achieve desired results.
When the world is in turmoil and confusion, keep smiling - CHAOS reigns - result!!

ΙΟΛΗ7
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by ΙΟΛΗ7 »

Most people fight for the possible.
I fight for the impossible!

Etar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Etar »

"Initiation into Hermetics" by Franz Bardon is basically a heavenly gift. You can buy it or download it, it's pretty easy to find. Give it a try.

Also, I have to comment that you're quite on the right way, not focusing on rituals. This is because rituals are tools, and many lose the way because they don't know the meaning of rituals. Magic is a psychic, mind work. However, the LBRP is, as Crowley put it, "the Medicine of Metals and the Stone of the Wise". It helps develop visualization, vibration as well as having practical effects. You should do it at least once per day. I could go on about the ritual, however there is plenty of information out there. Also, remember that you don't need any other tools to do it. Good luck.

Return to “Beginners Info”