Questions about my style of magick...

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

johnwaskins
Forum Member
Forum Member

Questions about my style of magick...

Post by johnwaskins »

Hey... so far, I've only read a few books on magick; notably on Chaos Magick.

So far, my style of magick is very minimalist. So I was looking to see if I'm following any specific style.

Right now, I start with a few steps. Each step adds the previous step as well, so steps are never really left behind, only added...

1. Specify Intent
2. Focus
3. Light Gnosis
4. Deep, Intense Gnosis
5. Climax of Gnosis (while maintaining lucidity)

And that has given me much success in my practice.

Basically, I used the SPLIFF method of creating sigils, but applied to a purely mental form. Of course there are details, but overall that's the method I use.

Surprisingly enough, visualization is barely needed, "energy" isn't visualized (channeled or felt), and it requires minimal Willpower.

The main requirements are Focus, purity of Will, Intent and Conviction.

Intent would be what you want to accomplish. Focus would be not letting your Intent leave your mind, but instead to remain in the foreground. Will is the strong desire for it to happen.

Willpower isn't needed directly, because inactive Willpower (or Willpower that is felt, but does not translate into action) is meaningless. Willpower is instead used for the practitioner to actually go through the bloody process.

Conviction is your Inner Confidence, and by that I mean your Subconscious confidence in both the possibility of your success, and your subconscious certainty of your success. Outer Confidence is needed to some extent, but not as much as Inner Confidence.

Anyways, that's what I've been working with. I don't know if that's intuitive magick (because it's not exactly in any of the books I've read on the subject), if it's Chaos Magick, some other form of magick, or something new. Can anyone help me figure out what I'm using when I do this stuff?

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Questions about my style of magick...

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Sounds just like a garden variety of Chaos Magic with more emphasis on gnosis and less on an alphabet of desire/sigils. As chaotes basically get to chop and change ritual magics in line with what they need them to do, it looks like you've done just that and are using a chaos magical style with a few personal embellishments.

johnwaskins
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Questions about my style of magick...

Post by johnwaskins »

Hhmmm... thanks for the answer.

Yeah. My style does focus a lot of gnosis. It's more of a purely mental/metaphysical exercise to achieve a physical result (be that outcome subtle or not).

So, I guess I'm just continuing the ongoing tradition of Chaos Magick. Meh, thought I was doing something new, but at least in not doing so I'm keeping from giving myself some undeserved self-importance associated with such a thing.

Return to “Beginners Info”