(Chaos)Magick not working that well

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Giobane
Forum Member
Forum Member

(Chaos)Magick not working that well

Post by Giobane »

Ok, i have been trying to do a little chaos magick and it's not working so well... i did everything right, i made a sigil, charged it, banished by laughter and forgot about it, but those are not working! If anyone could help i would be Thankful.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: (Chaos)Magick not working that well

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Maybe the sigil was a bit askew, or its doing something in the background and isnt immediately obvious. I'd redo your sigil, use the method out of Liber Null, and try again - theres nothing that says you can only perform one ritual for one sigil.

Giobane
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Giobane »

Thanks Case! It'll be hard to make with the same sigil(i usually destroy them) but i'll check if i did something that is not according to Liber Null.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

The best thing to do with sigils is give them a rather open ended way of achieving the desired purpose, rather than limiting them to one specific outcome. This way the sigil can achieve its goal easier as it can make use of opportunities and ways of working that you may not have thought of.

For instance, a servitor designed to find you employment will work better than a servitor designed to find you employment in a specific company, if you get my drift.

Giobane
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Giobane »

Oh, ok. So just make a sigil more generic then specific. Thank you again.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Well its just about how much strain you're putting on the universe. If your sigil is that there will be no negative outcome upon you over the bill that you're struggling to get the money for, there are all kinds of ways the universe could manuever this - sort you out with the money, have the bills cancelled, have someone at the bank to forget a certain form, get you an extended time to pay, have someone borrow you the money, find it, whatever. You're making it easy for yourself and the Universe. If instead your sigil is specific that you need £350 by next Tuesday the sigil should still work, but it will be more of a stretch and compromise to other people, it might require a great deal more from you - maybe you'll find an opportunity to steal it, or realise something you could sell that you really wanted to keep. And if you reject this path to your result that the Universe offers, don't expect it to start churning out alternatives until you're comfortable. The great whatever out there has filled its side of the bargain.

Time is a great thing to consider, I have FAR more success with sigils for things that I don't need immediately.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

silvermage
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by silvermage »

Don't forget, apart from skill and crafting, magic in all its forms tends to require a certain... Attitude, towards what your are doing. When casting part of your focus should include absolute and unwavering confidence in yourself (but not arrogance). Don't hope it works. KNOW its already working. Buggersome concept to get right but once you have it down you'll see that all your spells tend to work more easily and will pack much more of a punch.
As above, So below.

Return to “Beginners Info”