[ASK] Ninja power of the mind!! Is it safe for noobs??

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

satankober
Forum Member
Forum Member

[ASK] Ninja power of the mind!! Is it safe for noobs??

Post by satankober »

hello, everybody.. i'm new in here
I would like to ask about Ninja Power of The Mind book by Toshitora Yamashiro
I have read the entire book, and I concluded "It's amazing and 'terrifying' book"
The reason I read the book is this book teachs about how control your own mind first with special breathing techniques.
Yes, I'm seeking a technique to control my own mind and feeling..
for now, I'm just practicing light alpha trance and ordinary breath meditation.

I would like to ask whether anyone in here practice any stuff in this book??
I would like to practice the techniques in this book..
But I worry about warnings/negative effects that written in this book.
the warnings are about if you misuse the techniques or can't control the breathing techniques
Is it safe to practice all those breathing techniques without a direct guide from ninja master?? (you know it's difficult to find a true master nowadays [sadface] )
off course, the techniques given in this book are just the beginner step and the author warned to not practice the next step without guide from ninja master
but I still worry although those are just beginner techniques..

really, I want more info about those ninja breathing stuffs
I hope anyone in here could at least give me more information
thanks btw

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: [ASK] Ninja power of the mind!! Is it safe for noobs??

Post by manonthepath »

I can assure you that you will be fine. Just go easy and, with time, patience, and persistence, you will grow closer to your goals. Try reading "Spiritual Practices of the Ninja" by Ross Heaven. Ashida Kim also has written a wealth of excellent sources. Both these authors are worth your time.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Oda Nobunaga destroyed all the ninja schools so I do not believe there are any extent, historic traditions in existence. If you want breathing techniques then don't go to a second-hand source like Japan, go to the original source. The Japanese got them from Buddhism and that came from India. It's called 'paranayam.'

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-Yoga- ... +pranayama

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Asurendra wrote:Oda Nobunaga destroyed all the ninja schools so I do not believe there are any extent, historic traditions in existence. If you want breathing techniques then don't go to a second-hand source like Japan, go to the original source. The Japanese got them from Buddhism and that came from India. It's called 'paranayam.'

This is not true. Nobunaga drove them underground and slaughtered more than 90% of the inhabitants of the Iga and Koga regions and claimed that the ninja were no more, but that's all the records can say. Ninja-like activity has often been reported in Japanese and Asian history since then. Japanese activities in the battles of WWII is a notable example. True, there are many poseurs in the world as far as Ninjutsu and everything else, but lineage is just one variable in the mix. The question here is if the reading will hurt the guy.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

That is certainly possible that some underground traditions survived but as of this point I am not convinced. That some people may appear in ninja garb or even be skilled martial artists is no proof that they are from the Kouga or the Iga clans. Kano's dojo was repeatedly beaten-up by someone dressed as a ninja (I always wondered if it was Kano testing them) but he was never captured so no one knows who he was.

As to breathing techniques, look to India.

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

Well of course they went 'underground' or in hiding... They're Ninja!

[zomg]
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Asurendra wrote:Oda Nobunaga destroyed all the ninja schools so I do not believe there are any extent, historic traditions in existence. If you want breathing techniques then don't go to a second-hand source like Japan, go to the original source. The Japanese got them from Buddhism and that came from India. It's called 'paranayam.'

I'm going to second this.

In my experience though, extreme breathing techniques are not required for certain states of consciousness, but they seem to speed up the first few steps inward for sure.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

This may be helpful to some, I'm sure it will not satisfy others. In any case it is offered in the spirit of generousity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyC4ZZitWvc#t=130

Return to “Beginners Info”