"becoming" a vampire?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

"becoming" a vampire?

Post by thatrandomguy »

i was reading a book that had a sort of training ritual to become a psychic vampire that sounds potentially dangerous.

it basically involves priming a flooding of the solar plexus through taking energy by taking of breath, flooding the solar plexus through the middle pillar ritual then dessicating it by imagining a leech/bat sucking out energy from your solar plexus and fasting for one and a half weeks then "cracking" the solar plexus through flooding the chakras with as much energy as possible then releasing it as blackish ink from the crown chakra before sucking it all back in through your mouth into your solar plexus.

so any thoughts? is it dangerous?

edit: i thought it would be nice to note that it isn't meant to be done in 1 sitting but rather through the process of 5 weeks

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: "becoming" a vampire?

Post by Rin »

Sounds absurd to me. Messing around with your internal energy can definitely cause problems, but I doubt anyone silly enough to undertake such a procedure has enough control over their energetic body to actually cause significant damage.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by thatrandomguy »

but if you were to succeed in cracking your solar plexus, what would happen? would it just eventually heal?

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

It is possible to overload your energy system and cause damage, but this has less to do with the solar plexus in particular and more to do with the general mechanics of "overloading" anything. If you try to lift too many weights, you'll hurt your back or pull muscles; if you run too far and too much without rest and hydration, you can bring on burnout fatigue and other problems.

If you burnout your energy system, you could potentially cause permanent nerve damage and seal away your ability to ever do energy work again, but it's not likely to turn you into a vampire. As for healing, it'll probably repair some on its own, like pulled muscles or ruptured discs try to repair themselves, but if you cause any serious damage you'll probably need to find a healer of some sort before you'll be up to par again. A good traditional acupuncturist could likely heal it, as could some decent magicians, but even then there may be unfixable damage.

In any case, Rin used the perfect word for it: absurd. Self-destructive energy work is not going to turn you into a vampire, it's just going to hurt you.

~:Shin:~

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by thatrandomguy »

alright then, so no more attempting spiritual suicide for me then.
thanks for the warning, i must admit i was thinking of attempting it for awhile [blush]

TheAwakenedHeart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheAwakenedHeart »

In my opinion, anyone who uses psychic or sanguine feeding techniques could be considered a vampyre, whether they do it because they are energy deficient or whether they do it for other reasons.

Why would one want to give themselves the energy deficiency that most vampyres suffer, when they are perfectly healthy energetically? I can understand why some people find glamourized vampires appealing - but why real vampyres? You do not have to be an energy deficient type vampyre to partake in the vampyre subculture, vampyre magick, or any of it. I have a feeling that most people who are looking for ways to become vampyres just want the label of "vampire" and do not really stop to consider that they can get everything involved with vampyrism and more, without actually being energy deficient and NEEDING to ambient feed every day or something. There was a time when I called myself a psi vamp simply because I used psi vamp feeding techniques (consensually) in order to gain more energy for my magick and Psion activities.
"The Way is not in the sky. The Way is in the Heart." - Buddha

All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. humility gives it power. - Tao

Of the Heart Chakra, Anāhata Chakra: The characteristics of the Heart Chakra are Love, Unity, and Healing"""

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by thatrandomguy »

i'm not sure about anyone else but i wanted to do it because in the book, its simply reversing the polarity of the solar plexus towards consuming instead of exhuming, which chances are could be reversed.

besides that the idea of having a head-start in the next incarnation and being able to know for a fact that energy exists is worth it even if it means i have a messed up energetic body which basically just needs energy every day or two seems appealing to me atleast.

i will admit the glamour of vamps sounds appealing but if you actually plan to use it you'll be either sent to a madhouse or hit with bibles all day so its not really much of an advantage [unsure].

also i've heard that "mesmerism" was only available to vampires.

Mesmerism*
I think mesmerism is a wonderful gift. It can help save your neck when an ability decides to show itself while in public. Basically, it's a form of persuasion through empathy. It is done by getting close enough to a person (within the range of their energy, their aura), and speaking softly to them (or in monotone). Try to make eye contact, this is normally very vital. It also helps to have physical contact, such as your hand on their shoulder. This allows the signal to get through easier. Just talk to them like this, as if they were having an emotional breakdown and you were consoling them. After awhile, they will soon forget what had happened beforehand. I have done this before, when someone had seen what I was doing to someone when I was feeding off them. They noticed how the person became not as active, and a bit tired. They brought it to my attention that they thought it funny how that was, and I went into my drill of mesmerism, and was able to "help" him forget about it.

ultimafool
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ultimafool »

thatrandomguy wrote:i'm not sure about anyone else but i wanted to do it because in the book, its simply reversing the polarity of the solar plexus towards consuming instead of exhuming, which chances are could be reversed.

besides that the idea of having a head-start in the next incarnation and being able to know for a fact that energy exists is worth it even if it means i have a messed up energetic body which basically just needs energy every day or two seems appealing to me atleast.

i will admit the glamour of vamps sounds appealing but if you actually plan to use it you'll be either sent to a madhouse or hit with bibles all day so its not really much of an advantage [unsure].
Becoming a vampire, feeding off others and throwing your chakras completely out of wack is not a way to get a head start on your next incarnation. If anything, it's going to set you back a few incarnations, so you can reverse the damage you've done. And like TheAwakenedHeart said, why damage your already healthy chakra system in order to become some fiend depending off the energy of others? If you want to have an experience working with energy then take up tai chi or try the Middle Pillar Ritual.

Although I prefer to think of vampires more along the lines of Dusk Til Dawn as opposed to Twilight, if you want dress in cool black outfits and and have kinky, bloodletting sex with a consenting partner, that's fine, I can see the appeal, but this is overboard.

Mesmerism*
I think mesmerism is a wonderful gift. It can help save your neck when an ability decides to show itself while in public. Basically, it's a form of persuasion through empathy. It is done by getting close enough to a person (within the range of their energy, their aura), and speaking softly to them (or in monotone). Try to make eye contact, this is normally very vital. It also helps to have physical contact, such as your hand on their shoulder. This allows the signal to get through easier. Just talk to them like this, as if they were having an emotional breakdown and you were consoling them. After awhile, they will soon forget what had happened beforehand. I have done this before, when someone had seen what I was doing to someone when I was feeding off them. They noticed how the person became not as active, and a bit tired. They brought it to my attention that they thought it funny how that was, and I went into my drill of mesmerism, and was able to "help" him forget about it.
"Mesmerism" is not only available to vampires, unless Anton Mesmer, the guy who created/discovered mesmerism, every stage hypnotist, licensed hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner throughout all of history on the entire planet was/is a vampire. "Mesmerism" doesn't really even have to go into areas like auras, psychic phenom, etc. All you have to do is Pay Attention. Study a person's posture, movements, vocal cadence, tone, etc. It's NLP basically and it works. Like that story about Crowley making that that random guy (see what I did there?) on the street fall down.

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by thatrandomguy »

ultimafool wrote:
thatrandomguy wrote:i'm not sure about anyone else but i wanted to do it because in the book, its simply reversing the polarity of the solar plexus towards consuming instead of exhuming, which chances are could be reversed.

Becoming a vampire, feeding off others and throwing your chakras completely out of wack is not a way to get a head start on your next incarnation. If anything, it's going to set you back a few incarnations, so you can reverse the damage you've done. And like TheAwakenedHeart said, why damage your already healthy chakra system in order to become some fiend depending off the energy of others? If you want to have an experience working with energy then take up tai chi or try the Middle Pillar Ritual.

Although I prefer to think of vampires more along the lines of Dusk Til Dawn as opposed to Twilight, if you want dress in cool black outfits and and have kinky, bloodletting sex with a consenting partner, that's fine, I can see the appeal, but this is overboard.

Mesmerism*
"Mesmerism" is not only available to vampires, unless Anton Mesmer, the guy who created/discovered mesmerism, every stage hypnotist, licensed hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner throughout all of history on the entire planet was/is a vampire. "Mesmerism" doesn't really even have to go into areas like auras, psychic phenom, etc. All you have to do is Pay Attention. Study a person's posture, movements, vocal cadence, tone, etc. It's NLP basically and it works. Like that story about Crowley making that that random guy (see what I did there?) on the street fall down.
edit: i messed up the entire post ignore it while i fix it

edit: i was trying to fix the post but accidently made another post for it
Last edited by thatrandomguy on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by thatrandomguy »

ultimafool wrote: Becoming a vampire, feeding off others and throwing your chakras completely out of wack is not a way to get a head start on your next incarnation. If anything, it's going to set you back a few incarnations, so you can reverse the damage you've done. And like TheAwakenedHeart said, why damage your already healthy chakra system in order to become some fiend depending off the energy of others? If you want to have an experience working with energy then take up tai chi or try the Middle Pillar Ritual.
i was actually thinking more along the lines of using it to get myself back on the magical path before just re-reversing the polarity once i figured out what i did, although i suppose i could just try and program a construct to follow me through lives but i'm not exactly sure if that'll work. it'll take multiple incarnations to re-reverse the polarity? shouldn't returning the solar plexus to its natural solar state be alot easier than turning it into a (for the lack of a better word) "nocturnal" state?
ultimafool wrote:
that random guy (see what I did there?) on the street fall down.
dammit i knew i didn't just trip over myself. [mad]
ultimafool wrote: "Mesmerism" is not only available to vampires, unless Anton Mesmer, the guy who created/discovered mesmerism, every stage hypnotist, licensed hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner throughout all of history on the entire planet was/is a vampire. "Mesmerism" doesn't really even have to go into areas like auras, psychic phenom, etc. All you have to do is Pay Attention. Study a person's posture, movements, vocal cadence, tone, etc. It's NLP basically and it works.

they're both forms of hypnosis but as far as i'm aware the vampy version is somehow partially "paralysing" them.

posture and that other stuff may actually be a good rational explanation to the extremely fake-sounding ability of mesmerism [grin] ..

if anyone has any idea how it works though let me know [yay] .

also, do stage hypnotist actually hypnotise people? i was under the impression everyone was just acting [lookleft]

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

As said above, vampires aren't the glamorized dark strangers they appear in Hollywood. People wanting to become vampires often show their lack of info. There are a few types of vampires. The closest to what you probably want are the psychic vampires talked of. They are often born such or become so unconsciously, depending on how they learn to get attention as they grow up. Many wish they weren't so, others mold their behavior around the 'affliction'.

I think we're all psychic vampires on a small scale, but the energy draining which defines a vampires can practiced and strengthened. There is no need to mess up your energy system to do so. It would probably make one less effective I would think. I also don't see why that would help you in your next incarnation.

It is my personal belief 'traditional' vampires are noncorpeal beings. Possibly the shade of a deceased psychic vampire that 'learned' how to gain energy while part of the living and now sustains itself in the same way. But that is just a shade, not the persons next incarnation.

I think some could sustain themselves in the same way in the next incarnation, which I would label a Lich. None of which I could personally see being beneficial. This would be one who wishes to prolong the present egos duration.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by thatrandomguy »

manofsands wrote:There is no need to mess up your energy system to do so.
honestly before posting it here i've always saw it as just heightened senses and stronger energy manipulation at the cost of having to drain someone every day or two, i guess discussing thoughts tend to give you a new perspective.

i suppose that wrecking my energy system so that i'm more aware of it may hurt me in the long run [unsure].

i'll just work on energy manipulation regularly for now but does anyone have anything to recommend for me to be able give my next incarnations a head-start?

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

Are you talking your next life or after death only?
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

i'll just work on energy manipulation regularly for now but does anyone have anything to recommend for me to be able give my next incarnations a head-start?
Meditate twice a day. It's nowhere near as glamorous as becoming the real life version of The Vampire Diaries, but it works much better. Looking at my signature gives you very good prospects for your next life. If you believe in Mahayana Buddhism, you could also read aloud the first page of the Sutra of Golden Light. Link below. Buddhism is largely about preparing for your next life.

http://fpmt.org/wp-content/uploads/teac ... 07lttr.pdf
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I can think of 100 less ridiculous ways to become a vampire than causing deliberate damage to your energy body. Start drinking blood, learn energy manipulation techniques, buy plastic fangs and shave your hair into a widow's peak, whatever. And I literally do not understand a single word of your explanation as to how this would help you with reincarnation. I do want to know what book you found this craziness in though, might check it out just for the lolz.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by thatrandomguy »

Frumens wrote: Meditate twice a day. It's nowhere near as glamorous as becoming the real life version of The Vampire Diaries, but it works much better. Looking at my signature gives you very good prospects for your next life. If you believe in Mahayana Buddhism, you could also read aloud the first page of the Sutra of Golden Light. Link below. Buddhism is largely about preparing for your next life.

http://fpmt.org/wp-content/uploads/teac ... 07lttr.pdf
alright thanks i'll be trying it out [grin] .
the_spiral wrote:I do want to know what book you found this craziness in though, might check it out just for the lolz.
liber hirudo : book of the leech : http://www.mediafire.com/view/hpp4ic1ih ... _Leech.pdf

it seemed like a reasonable idea at the time before i really considered the part about it being an energy deficiency [blush]. i guess just chose to forget that it'll make progress harder in the long run.

Bluebeard
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Bluebeard »

Title of the book, please? If it is from "Vampire Temple", that is a scam org. Definitely fake stuff. Vampires do not exist outside of myth and folklore. Psychic or not. Also the stuff you described sounds like eastern traditions. Vampire is western not eastern, there they have other equivalent mythological creatures with different names and fantasy abilities. The closest thing to a psychic-vampire-effect, is the harvesting of chi energy while others unfamiliar with the philosophical and practical process of it happen to be nearby. They will be dazed a bit at best, feel like sleepy and stuff like that, or feel a sudden quick warmth or cold bite. You don't leech energy from them. You don't live forever. There is no vampire.

Also, be suspicious of eastern traditions that talk about dangerous practices or potentially harmful, either to you, or others. They mostly promote love, compassion, fortification of life and health, emotional stability and general, overall balance. Anything else is most probably scam or fake. Or a bastardization between eastern and western paradigms.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Also, be suspicious of eastern traditions that talk about dangerous practices or potentially harmful, either to you, or others. They mostly promote love, compassion, fortification of life and health, emotional stability and general, overall balance. Anything else is most probably scam or fake. Or a bastardization between eastern and western paradigms.
Gotta disagree here. Firstly, a system can be based on love and compassion etc. and still be dangerous if practiced incorrectly (which is why the role of the personal master is stressed so much in the East, without the guidance of a knowledgeable and experienced practitioner, you're quite likely to do serious damage to yourself, no matter how pure your motivations). Secondly there are plenty of Eastern systems which are quite inherently dangerous, both to the practitioners and to anyone whom they choose to unleash their power on (some of the more obscure systems of Tantra and nei kung and even the various darker systems of sorcery which are much more common in the East than West).
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

Bluebeard
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Bluebeard »

Hearing that Tantra can be bad or harmful is a first for me. Then again, i am far from experienced and knowledgeable. And i certainly don't know everything there is upon this matter (all eastern practices). Yet again, i fail to comprehend how you can end up being dangerous and harmful, while trying to do things with positive will/feel. Even when i had impure thoughts/desires and also manifested them as such, the person/targets seemed to enjoy the outcome like me or even MORE than me, sometimes i even could affect total strangers to immediately change disposition towards me (or suddenly out of the blue to have them play along with a very limited part of my momentary whim/intentions).

I would certainly appreciate an example, if you could afford one.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Bluebeard wrote:Hearing that Tantra can be bad or harmful is a first for me. Then again, i am far from experienced and knowledgeable. And i certainly don't know everything there is upon this matter (all eastern practices). Yet again, i fail to comprehend how you can end up being dangerous and harmful, while trying to do things with positive will/feel. Even when i had impure thoughts/desires and also manifested them as such, the person/targets seemed to enjoy the outcome like me or even MORE than me, sometimes i even could affect total strangers to immediately change disposition towards me (or suddenly out of the blue to have them play along with a very limited part of my momentary whim/intentions).

Kundalini syndrome or Qi Gong sickness are primary examples - you have to understand that there's more to spirituality than intention/will/feeling, if you don't perform exercises properly, or if you have other pre-existing baggage, then you can create health problems or worsen existing ones no matter how pure your immediate intentions. This can manifest as anything from energy blockages which evolve into locale-specific health problems to massive mental or physical health crises, especially in the case of kundalini syndrome, which is generally a result of using forceful methods to attempt to raise the kundalini when the energy body hasn't been sufficiently purified first or other, more mental, impediments exist.

There are many examples out there, including a decent body of scientific literature on the subject, but here's one interesting account of a woman who accidentally awakened her kundalini while attending one of those trashy new age "tantric sex" workshops and the massive side effects she suffered as a result: http://www.alternet.org/orgasm-times-10 ... ned-me-sex
is like a block of wood

- DDJ, Verse 27

Bluebeard
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Bluebeard »

Rin wrote:
Bluebeard wrote:Hearing that Tantra can be bad or harmful is a first for me. Then again, i am far from experienced and knowledgeable. And i certainly don't know everything there is upon this matter (all eastern practices). Yet again, i fail to comprehend how you can end up being dangerous and harmful, while trying to do things with positive will/feel. Even when i had impure thoughts/desires and also manifested them as such, the person/targets seemed to enjoy the outcome like me or even MORE than me, sometimes i even could affect total strangers to immediately change disposition towards me (or suddenly out of the blue to have them play along with a very limited part of my momentary whim/intentions).

Kundalini syndrome or Qi Gong sickness are primary examples - you have to understand that there's more to spirituality than intention/will/feeling, if you don't perform exercises properly, or if you have other pre-existing baggage, then you can create health problems or worsen existing ones no matter how pure your immediate intentions. This can manifest as anything from energy blockages which evolve into locale-specific health problems to massive mental or physical health crises, especially in the case of kundalini syndrome, which is generally a result of using forceful methods to attempt to raise the kundalini when the energy body hasn't been sufficiently purified first or other, more mental, impediments exist.

There are many examples out there, including a decent body of scientific literature on the subject, but here's one interesting account of a woman who accidentally awakened her kundalini while attending one of those trashy new age "tantric sex" workshops and the massive side effects she suffered as a result: http://www.alternet.org/orgasm-times-10 ... ned-me-sex
Thanks for the reply. I get it... In fact, this seems TOO familiar to me. In my starting steps, i tried to work on chakras without purification, so of course i had "side-effects" initially. But thankfully, nothing so dire, of this calibur. Maybe i lucked it off lightly... And i wrongfully discarded the warnings about vile/uncontrollable feelings, if you "force" your will, don't purify your energy centers/channels and don't keep on check the negative side of certain techniques...

Yet, some side-effects are "transferable" over others, especially of the unsuspecting kind, people. I have benefited myself many times from the dark side or the side effect, of certain "techniques". And still, no one was harmed.

I believe that woman's disappointment came from overindulgence of physical origins and not of the occult force. Too much of anything, especially food/sex, will "break something" into your system, and no mistake. Let us all eat and sex to live, and not live to eat and sex. There is a huge difference between those and not merely wordplay.

Return to “Beginners Info”