What type of system or magick would fit my intent/needs?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Tris3021
Forum Member
Forum Member

What type of system or magick would fit my intent/needs?

Post by Tris3021 »

I am currently exploring different systems like Qabalah, Enochian Magick, Hermeticism, Mysticism, etc and I'm trying to find a system that would generally lead to inner growth. From inner growth, I want to tap into my true nature and have the true gifts of spirit, not some powers that you try to control the world with negatively (although I do know energy has a neutral charge, so you can either change the world positively and negatively depending on the intent).. more like, powers that you use to have inner perception and growth and as a result from doing so, you accumulate spiritual powers (In my current understanding of this, I think this is generally called "Going from Darkness into the Light".

I'd like to explore different symbols and learn the powers that the symbols represent, for the form of that thing is really empty and we need to look behind the form to find the power or different force that the symbol represents. I don't know a whole lot about symbols at the moment, but I'd like to expand my awareness of symbols and how they relate to the inner nature of the world and man.

I don't want some system that is trapped in lust, I have found some systems where they think sex magick HAS to be practiced to find the higher self within. I do think sex magick is great and all if treated with the proper respect, but I don't believe it is absolutely FUNDAMENTAL and has to be practiced, I do however believe that it CAN help with the search within.

I need to find a system that would work for me, I'm searching all over the place to find something that would be best suited for me to follow that suits my intention and needs. So if any of you know a system or kind of magick that would be best suited for me, I invite you to give some info about it for me to explore.
Love is the law, love under will

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What type of system or magick would fit my intent/needs?

Post by Haelos »

For learning the power of symbols; Kabbalah, Astrology, Tarot, and systems of the like are good places to start. There are symbols in everything, and once you understand their nature, it doesn't take a dogmatic outlook to recognize their power.

I know of literally 0 'paradigms' that have the focus on sex magick that you speak of.
Sexual energy is very important, and is something totally different than sex magick. Worth researching, if you ask me. It's possible you're confusing the two, but I don't know your research material to say that as fact.

Stop trying to think you need a system to make sense of things. Combine what you already know in a fashion that makes sense and works for you. If you cannot do that, you have been reading the wrong material from the start.

If all you want is introspection, that's pretty much step one of every single tradition out there. As I said, you don't need a new line of thought, you need to understand yourself better.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Frater J.S
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frater J.S »

From what you've said I would perhaps recommend study of and meditation / pathworking on the Qabalah. The absolute best book I've found in terms of clarity and application is 'Simplified Qabalah Magick', I really can't recommend it highly enough - it cleared up a lot of questions for me.

palindrom
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by palindrom »

hi Tris3021 [happyface]

the kabbalah is a wonderful mystic path to go; the meditations about the sephiroth and the hebrew aleph-beth, and, if you like, the study of hebrew and the traditional jewish stories (which are actually the biggest part of the kabbalah, which means "tradition/heritage") are a very rewarding thing to do.
there are different ways to distribute the 22 letters on the tree of life though, and perhaps it would be worth looking into that a bit before starting for real (most magick books i've read so far take crowley's distribution of the letters; i prefer friedrich weinreb's version - he was a orthodox-raised jew and really steeped in the chassidian kabbalah from being a child).

practically, i love to work with runes, which fit your description of "exploring symbols and get to know their powers" perfectly. and what's nice and sad at the same time about the runes is, that the lore concernig them is lost.
so it's almost entirely up to you, your mind and your guts to get to know them...

...the symbols of the four elements (working to balance them inside you) or the planets might be considered as well. i hardly worked with planetary energies yet, but my work with the four elements (i like emil stejnars book about them, "die vier elemente", but i don't know if it has been translated in english) has been very rewarding; interesting, exciting and stabilizing at the same time.

all the best!

pali

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

I feel like you can do this with almost any path. Using the Tree of Life definitely seems to be the most efficient tool out there for symbol systems.
Beloved of Set

palindrom
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by palindrom »

Hadit wrote:I feel like you can do this with almost any path. Using the Tree of Life definitely seems to be the most efficient tool out there for symbol systems.
why?

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I haven't come across any that fit those parameters other than Seeker.

So, you're drawn to symbols. Start researching the different symbols used in the different cultures and paradyms. As you learn both you'll see what you're drawn to. It's far more important that we walk our Path than name it.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Return to “Beginners Info”